After spending the weekend at the Great Escape Lodge in Lake George, I really appreciate how well Disney is run. They instituted a new policy of weighing people at the top of a water slide, when the water park manager went out and bought a scale and decided at 6:30 at night this new policy is going to take effect. Surprise, your getting weighed at the top!

Oh yea , they have RFID chip cups, but sometimes you have to wait up to 11/2 hours to refill!

I would assume weight restrictions but I would hope a slide could hold a couple hundred pounds?

I guess the limit is 200 pounds. We wouldn't know for sure since it's not posted.

Yeah weighing at the bottom would make a lot more sense.  Waiting until the top is cruel.

luckily no one in my family had a problem. I feel real bad for the person that does and has to take the "Walk of shame back down". Regardless, I don't know of many females that like to step on scales for strangers, so I don't see this going over well.

As an added bonus, it slows the already poorly managed line down even more.

I heard a fatty came down and created such a tidal wave in the landing pool that three people were crushed/killed.  Okay, I made that up.  And at 245 and 6 foot 4, had I trudged up a bunch of steps when they could have weighed me at the bottom, the weight coming down the slide on that run would be my weight plus the staff person that had to give me the bad news.

What about us big boys? I weigh 215lbs. There would be heck to pay if I got up to the top and they told me sorry your over the weight limit.

215 doesn't even sound all that "big" to me, but I agree.... waiting for the official weigh in, until you've waiting in line and finally reached the top, is just wrong.  If they are going to enforce a weight limit, then I think they should put a (PRIVATE) scale at the bottom for those that want to check (kind-of like a height a ruler).  Then they could have the official one at the top (unless they already are paying a CM at the bottom, then the official one should be at the bottom of the line).  

200 lbs isn't that much. Don't most men on avg weight like 180?

What kind of slide was this? Got a link to the place!

It's your basic tube slide.

http://www.sixflagsgreatescapelodge.com

Was supposed to be a nice little weekend get away while we wait for spring. While we would rather be at Disney, the three hour drive here is a little more managible than the twenty to Disney.

Next time we go to Great Wolf Lodge, the place that I believe had RFID technology in their wristbands even before Disney.

Oh I remember passing there on our way to Lake George for camping years ago.

Maybe it's more of a girth thing and clogging up the tube? But 200 lbs on a shortie like me, vs someone tall would be a big difference in circumference!

I used to work at a Six Flags, nothing they ever did was logical and their answer was always "we aren't Disney".

Talking about magnitude. I wonder how it would work if Disney made changes like Six Flags does. Morning, every goes on the water slide.  Evening, we are measuring everyone before they go on the water slide.  We went back the next morning and adults were not alowed on the one waterside at all. 

I may not like everything Disney does, but at least they put some thought into it and have a plan to put it in action.  Again, might not always understand or agree with the plan, but at least there is one.

Many places were using RFID in wristbands, badges, cards, etc, long before WDW. What makes WDW's use of RFID unique is the magnitude.

The weired thing is I am so used to wristbands now, Disney/Great Wolf Lodges, that I got a room key instead and spent all weekend wishing I could just use my wristband to do everthing.

We went to Great Wolf in Grapevine Texas last summer. We had a blast. The rooms are about the same price as some of the deluxe Disney resorts. I friend gave us this idea. We got to the resort before lunch and left our luggage in the car. We enjoyed the park for several hours until our room was ready. I then got our luggage into the room and went back down to the waterpark. We only stayed one night but got two whole days in the park. They let you use the park the day you check out also. All day.