Ok what about a balcony room in about that area do you think that would be ok too?

I will add one of my clients does get seasick even on the cruise ships sometimes. He has to have an inside cabin in the middle of the ship about halfway up and he is good there. 

My preference is DCL. We won't do anything else. In fact, we just got back yesterday and as Jason will attest to, we booked an Alaska cruise while on this last cruise.

As for waiting until you have kids, unless you have a desire to gamble, as Jason wrote, Disney caters to adults as only Disney can. There are a large number of "adults only" areas including entertainment.

If you're a Disney person and are willing to pay more than what you'd pay for other cruises, we and everyone we travel with that has done it, highly recommends Disney.

My preference is DCL. We won't do anything else. In fact, we just got back yesterday and as Jason will attest to, we booked an Alaska cruise while on this last cruise.

As for waiting until you have kids, unless you have a desire to gamble, as Jason wrote, Disney caters to adults as only Disney can. There are a number of large adults only areas including entertainment. If you're a Disney person and are willing to pay more than what you'd pay for other cruises, we and everyone we travel with that has done it, highly recommends Disney.

I really am leaning towards DCL. I think it would be a blast no matter what we did on the cruise. And castaway does look real cool.

Anyone ever sailed on the Disney Wonder recently? How is the ship?

Also which do you think is better Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

I think Grumpy and Grandma are on that ship right now doing the Panama Canal Cruise. Should be lots of pics and info when they get back. 

I think Grumpy and Grandma are on that ship right now doing the Panama Canal Cruise. Should be lots of pics and info when they get back. 

Yes, they're on the Wonder.

I just asked Dave, how is the Wonder.

Might even have some Panama Canal pics before he gets back.

Also which do you think is better Grand Cayman or Cozumel?

Shore excursions are much better in Grand Cayman, IMHO.  And there are very reputable non-cruiseline shore excursions to take.

I used to love to go shopping in Cozumel.  Jewelry prices were very low compared to the states.  But then a hurricane wiped out the shops several years ago, and most of the owners didn't have insurance.  The next time I went back prices had tripled.  No more bargains to be had there.  But no bargains in GC either.  Everything is expensive in GC.

GC is a tender port.

Didn't care for tendering at Grand Cayman.

For us, the single biggest factor in determining which Caribbean cruise we go on has nothing to do with where the ship stops. It's the cruise line, the ship, and number of days that matter.

Response from Dave and Linda (Grumpy and Grandma) currently aboard the Wonder.

"All we can say is "WONDER" ful.... :)  

We actually prefer it, even though it is an older ship, since it is smaller. It's just as clean as the FANTASY and DREAM, but as with anything, even us, it does show it's age a little.  And as with any DCL the CM's can't do enough."

Wonder2_zps6179551e.jpg

Wonder1_zps537e44e9.jpg

Response from Dave and Linda (Grumpy and Grandma) currently aboard the Wonder.

"All we can say is "WONDER" ful.... :)  

We actually prefer it, even though it is an older ship, since it is smaller. It's just as clean as the FANTASY and DREAM, but as with anything, even us, it does show it's age a little.  And as with any DCL the CM's can't do enough."

They've improved the Internet tremendously so here's an inside and verandah stateroom on deck 6. yhurarag.jpgdaraquje.jpg