DISNEY SUED over new GAC policy.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, As the parent of an autistic child I am somewhat embarrassed by this lawsuit.  Do the changes to the GAC make it more difficult for my son to visit the parks, ABSOLUTELY, but to claim that Disne

Remember to take the tennis balls off so there is less padding. 

I don't care who you...that's just funny!!!Don't worry Lou. I'm a lover, not a fighter, and I'm not very good at that either.

If I were Lou....I'd be even more worried about that statement than about getting beat up!  

You read my mind.

Hey, this isn't cell block C in the state penitentiary

Uhh, Ray, who said it was. Did you leave something out of your intro?

Or just stomp all over his front yard.  You know how old codgers get about their lawns.

Something about kettle, pot, and black comes to mind.

Leave wheelchair tracks in his front yard.

Wheelchair tracks are ok, scooter tracks are not.

Or leave scooter tracks on his bus while trying to get your double stroller on the bus without first folding it up.

Wouldn't be the first time.

• 5 months later...

my 6 yr old daughter is on the Autism spectrum but I can really never get on to Disney for how they treat people with special needs.  They are by far better than the rest of the world. Was the old way  better for her? Absolutely. Yet we can make this work. It's a shame a bunch of horrible people faking things hurt the people who truly needed it.

my 6 yr old daughter is on the Autism spectrum but I can really never get on to Disney for how they treat people with special needs.  They are by far better than the rest of the world. Was the old way  better for her? Absolutely. Yet we can make this work. It's a shame a bunch of horrible people faking things hurt the people who truly needed it.

I have two that qualified for GACs. One blind in one eye and another completely blind and autistic. I agree with you Matt. It's shameful they way people gamed the system.

WOW.....so many men fighting over the Princess Kimberly.  She is now truly spoiled.  LOL   Yet, she remains the sweet, happy, singing Princess she has always been.  I honestly can not imagine my life without her in it......and Shawnee and now Blake.  We are so blessed.  And we are doubly blessed to have friends like the fiends.  We love you guys.

I have missed him too.  Lou I am the beautiful, sexy lady you take shopping every December.  (At least that is where everyone thinks we are).

I will do my best to be back on this site more.  It is nice to be missed though.

I love you all (especially you Lou.... :jumpforjoy )

WOW.....so many men fighting over the Princess Kimberly. She is now truly spoiled. LOL Yet, she remains the sweet, happy, singing Princess she has always been. I honestly can not imagine my life without her in it......and Shawnee and now Blake. We are so blessed. And we are doubly blessed to have friends like the fiends. We love you guys.

Glad to see posting again. A lot of us have missed you.

We are not fighting over Princess Kimberly we are having a discussion that I won. Lol!

And she's not spoiled, she's well taken care of.

How is Shawnee doing?

He and the rest of you are in my daily prayers.

Congrats! Congrats! Congrats! Blake is one lucky kid.

Shawnee is great.  Doing well in school and enjoying all the pep rallys and community outings.  We went to court on July 2nd to get guardianship of him.  Even though we have adopted him we still had to get guardianship since he will be unable to take care of all his needs. He was so cute in the court room.  As we were leaving he looked up at the Judge and said "Have a safe trip".  (He knew we were leaving the next day for Tn.)  She smiled and said "You have a safe trip too Shawnee".  Our son is a flirt and knows how to work people.  LOL

Kimberly is always happy and enjoys life to the fullest.  She is in a different school this year from Shawnee.  They did not have a class for her in his high school.  And her football team beat his team....well not beat...they slaughtered them.  LOL

Blake is happy and laughs a lot.  He is so adorable.

We are getting excited about our December trip to the Fort.  We were not too sure we would make it this year but we have worked hard to make sure we have the funds to do so.  Still hard but the kids are looking forward to it (just as we are).  Shawnee makes a list every day of what he thinks we need to do there.....which always includes food.  (We have to write the list since he can't write but he tells us what to put on it.)

We had to register him for the draft in June.  In the guardianship papers it states he can not vote and he can not carry a gun yet we had to register him.   Ken said if they wanted him, he would take him in and tell them Shawnee wants to be a 5 star general.  LOL  Sometimes I wonder about this great country we live in.

Got to run and start the baby's feeding.   Talk more later.   :wave1:

Judy, good to see you posting again! 

Ray, I have an idea.... I have an RV... Your family flies to Atlanta, and we all take my RV while Jason (Mr. No Disney) stays home. You can give him the beers you owe him in Atlanta. :) 

Ray, will you be here in Dec?

I'm still hoping we can make it.

DW says new house has to be ready and we have to be moved in. It's going to be close. Insulation goes in tomorrow, and then Sheetrock next week. It's going to be close. Keep your fingers crossed. Also Jason has been trying for months to get us a site but with no luck. I have a room booked at embassy suites, and ASMusic. Just incase.

Judy, good to see you posting again!

Ray, I have an idea.... I have an RV... Your family flies to Atlanta, and we all take my RV while Jason (Mr. No Disney) stays home. You can give him the beers you owe him in Atlanta. :)

But after taking to Jason I'd like him to be there at Disney. I'll bring the beer and food and he helps me drink the beer and cooks the food on the Big Green Egg. Lol

Btw. Have fun this weekend. It sounds like an awesome event.