We have a hybrid and have never been questioned about it on the partial hook-up.  Before our first trip we made repeated calls to the Fort directly to make sure we didn't show up and get turned away (the first trip in the camper was a surprise for the kids - they did not even know we bought the camper), so you can imagine we didn't want anything to spoil that.  The only thing that ever seemed to concern them was the overall length of the camper.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Size matters, that's all I'm saying

It

When we had the PUP that now belongs to Jason, we usually stayed partial. We had the city water hook up for the sink, but just used it to rinse hands, or kids brush their teeth late at night. It just

When I bring campers in they always ask in an accusitory manner what we are bringing into a partial site. I believe it is more a size issue of less than 25 feet. With a hybrid they make sure you understand there is no sewer hookup. That being said I have seen a 40 foot motor home in there too....lol. it was so tight the guy had to sit in front of it and he was almost in the road.

So are you saying there is nothing posted on disneys website about what can go where?

Yes.  For the site open to the public to book reservations, there is not one word that tells guests what type of camping equipment may be used on each site.

It's because the idiots in charge want to treat the Fort like a hotel.  Which is pretty stupid.  Even for them.

By that definition, then my camper, or even a small teardrop, cannot go on a partial site., but a 26" trailmanor foldout camper could, because it is technically a popup.

True.

My pop-up camper is 25' long when opened up.

Much shorter than your camper.

I know they let teardrops on the partial sites.

So, where do they draw the line?

When I bring campers in they always ask in an accusitory manner what we are bringing into a partial site. I believe it is more a size issue of less than 25 feet. With a hybrid they make sure you understand there is no sewer hookup. That being said I have seen a 40 foot motor home in there too....lol. it was so tight the guy had to sit in front of it and he was almost in the road.

25' might be the magic number.

Why don't they just say that, then?

TCD

I wonder what they would say if I put my PUP in there. It is 26'

We plan on having the dog with us and would need a full to be legal with him anyway so we will probably never know. I dont know where John usually stayed with it. 

I'm pretty sure when I visited with him over New Years two years ago, he was in 2000. 

I don't have any experience with trying to put a non-pup on a partial, but I have had them try to change my preferred reservation (presumably) because we showed up in a tent.

We showed up 7-5-04. I had booked a preferred site and had requested the 100 loop.

When we showed up, they asked where our camper was. We were driving a Saturn SL1. I doubt it would've pulled a lawn trailer much less a camper. We told them we had a tent. He said, "Oh. Okay." Then he came back and assigned us to 1501.

Rookie mistake - In our rush to leave, I left my vacation notebook and our confirmation numbers at home. I couldn't orove we had reserved a preferred. The guy insisted we did not. I know for a fact that we did.

Anyway, I knew 1501 was not a preferred. I told him the problem, he said nope. He told us there wasn't anything else available, and he wanted to know why we would want to pay the extra for a preferred site just to put a tent on it.

We drove to the campsite and I called my mom. She called and asked to book a preferred site. Guess what? They had one! Then she asked why we were told there wasn't one. She asked why we couldnt be moved, and she was told that just wasn't possible. She was told that she was more than welcome to book a preferred site for herself, but we couldn't have it. After much hum-hawing and a conversation with the manager, we were moved to the preferred site.

I truly don't know what the problem was. The best I could figure was that they saw two young kids with a tent. They figured we wouldn't notice the difference and they could put someone with a camper on the preferred site. Idk.

Long story short, I know from experience that they are not above changing your campsite type upon arrival. I'm not saying it happens often, but it doesn't.

I've been downgraded from Premium to Preferred before. We arrived late at night, was too tired to argue, and they did only charge the lower rate. We carted around the campground the next morning before finishing setting up, and the campground was truly really full, so we stayed put.

As stated on their own policies, two tents are allowed on preferred sites.

I know we were allowed to stay there. We just wondered if they put us on a partial in preparation for a camper showing up that couldn't go on a partial. Couldn't think of another reason our reservation would've been changed.

Or do you mean we only had one tent? Technically, we had three tents...they just zipped together to make 1. ;)

I've been downgraded from Premium to Preferred before. We arrived late at night, was too tired to argue, and they did only charge the lower rate. We carted around the campground the next morning before finishing setting up, and the campground was truly really full, so we stayed put.

Did they at least tell you that you were being downgraded, or did they just continue on as if you'd originally booked preferred?

I think that we'd have taken it better if the campground had actually been full, and he was honest about what he was doing. We wouldn't have been thrilled, but we would've gone with it.

I know we were allowed to stay there. We just wondered if they put us on a partial in preparation for a camper showing up that couldn't go on a partial. Couldn't think of another reason our reservation would've been changed.

Or do you mean we only had one tent? Technically, we had three tents...they just zipped together to make 1. ;)

Did they at least tell you that you were being downgraded, or did they just continue on as if you'd originally booked preferred?

I think that we'd have taken it better if the campground had actually been full, and he was honest about what he was doing. We wouldn't have been thrilled, but we would've gone with it.

As best as I can remember the conversation

Fort - "Your site number is 3xx", 

Me - "Wait a minute, we booked a premium"

Fort - "We are full, nothing else, left, we have reduced the site price to Preferred price, you can check back in the morning to see if any premium becomes available"

Me - "OK, we'll just sleep tonite, and look at our options in the morning"

So, if I had not said anything, they might have chuckled, kept the difference, and let me go onto 3xx without any further conversation.

Like I said, it was late at night, and we are small, so can fit almost anywhere, and that particular trip was last minute, and Premium was the only thing available when I booked. I would have actually loved a full.

• 4 weeks later...

We have a 16 foot hybrid.  (pops out on the ends, not up) and we were able to book a pop up site.  What we were told was it mostly depends on the size of your RV as the pop up/tent sites tend to be smaller that the standard sites.  We fit with way more room then we thought.  Granted we weren't in the 1500 loop (can't remember exactly without looking at a map, but we were on the left side about half way down )

We have a 16 foot hybrid.  (pops out on the ends, not up) and we were able to book a pop up site.  What we were told was it mostly depends on the size of your RV as the pop up/tent sites tend to be smaller that the standard sites.  We fit with way more room then we thought.  Granted we weren't in the 1500 loop (can't remember exactly without looking at a map, but we were on the left side about half way down )

Hey-this is your first post!  Welcome!

Were you in the 2000 loop?  That's the other loop with partial hook-up sites.

TCD

When we had the PUP that now belongs to Jason, we usually stayed partial. We had the city water hook up for the sink, but just used it to rinse hands, or kids brush their teeth late at night. It just drained out the bottom into the coquina, and we're talking about merely cupfulls of grey water. Size-wise, we always had plenty of room, and that PUP has 2 king size bunks.

As far as any unit with a black or grey water tank, I would definitely go to a full hookup site. I don't remember the Fort having a dump station, and that's not souvenirs I want to take home.

As for the original post, not sure how the Fort management would react. I've seen weird things with them fellers.

However, I can understand not wanting to deal with the toilet. But, I can tell you that since we went to the TT, not a trip has occurred that we haven't stopped for someone to duck into the camper to use the head. And, I sure am grateful for it at 2am and you hear the rain on the skylight! I would imagine that resale would be difficult without one.

Whatever it takes to get your family out there! Enjoy it! I personally could be happy in a refrigerator box, provided I had a fire and a cooler!

When we had the PUP that now belongs to Jason, we usually stayed partial. We had the city water hook up for the sink, but just used it to rinse hands, or kids brush their teeth late at night. It just drained out the bottom into the coquina, and we're talking about merely cupfulls of grey water. Size-wise, we always had plenty of room, and that PUP has 2 king size bunks.

As far as any unit with a black or grey water tank, I would definitely go to a full hookup site. I don't remember the Fort having a dump station, and that's not souvenirs I want to take home.

As for the original post, not sure how the Fort management would react. I've seen weird things with them fellers.

However, I can understand not wanting to deal with the toilet. But, I can tell you that since we went to the TT, not a trip has occurred that we haven't stopped for someone to duck into the camper to use the head. And, I sure am grateful for it at 2am and you hear the rain on the skylight! I would imagine that resale would be difficult without one.

Whatever it takes to get your family out there! Enjoy it! I personally could be happy in a refrigerator box, provided I had a fire and a cooler!

MetalDad glad to see you back and posting. Maria is going to get pampered next month. We will be in a premium site but I bought an adaptor to run the sink drain right into the sewer hookup so I will make use of that anyway. 

Don't know if anyone will be around in the near future but the 1500 loop is still closed "for a while."  NO date set as to when it will reopen. 

BTW, they are upgrading campers to premium that had partials reserved.  Put one up today.  In fact this week ALL our campers are in premiums and preferred.  That's weird.

Don't know if anyone will be around in the near future but the 1500 loop is still closed "for a while."  NO date set as to when it will reopen. 

BTW, they are upgrading campers to premium that had partials reserved.  Put one up today.  In fact this week ALL our campers are in premiums and preferred.  That's weird.

I check in the 31st and we booked a partial and had requested the 1500 loop. So there is a possibility that we will be put in a premium loop instead?

bord1niowa......Curt wrote:

I check in the 31st and we booked a partial and had requested the 1500 loop. So there is a possibility that we will be put in a premium loop instead?

As of today, the 18th, 1500 is still closed

bord1niowa......Curt wrote: I check in the 31st and we booked a partial and had requested the 1500 loop. So there is a possibility that we will be put in a premium loop instead? As of today, the 18th, 1500 is still closed

Blah! that is no fun. of course this is going on when I'm about to take a trip that I want to use the pool a lot because it is going to be hot and I didn't get a golf cart this time.