• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Size matters, that's all I'm saying

It

When we had the PUP that now belongs to Jason, we usually stayed partial. We had the city water hook up for the sink, but just used it to rinse hands, or kids brush their teeth late at night. It just

Don't know if anyone will be around in the near future but the 1500 loop is still closed "for a while."  NO date set as to when it will reopen. 

BTW, they are upgrading campers to premium that had partials reserved.  Put one up today.  In fact this week ALL our campers are in premiums and preferred.  That's weird.

Ahhh.... that explains all of the tents in the 300 loop!  We just returned from our visit (stayed in the 100 loop) and while driving around on Saturday, we noticed that the 300 loop was 70% tents; I thought that was strange...now I get it! :)   Heck, guess we should have stayed with our original reservation (a pop-up site, with a request for the 1500 loop) instead of paying to upgrade :)

Ahhh.... that explains all of the tents in the 300 loop!  We just returned from our visit (stayed in the 100 loop) and while driving around on Saturday, we noticed that the 300 loop was 70% tents; I thought that was strange...now I get it! :0)   Heck, guess we should have stayed with our original reservation (a pop-up site, with a request for the 1500 loop) instead of paying to upgrade :)

Can't wait to hear how your trip went with the new camper!!!

On Saturday I noticed a travel trailer (about 26' or so) set up in 1500.  Weird.

And by the way, as of Saturday ALL loops were open and FULL!  Most crowded I've seen the Fort in awhile.

On Saturday I noticed a travel trailer (about 26' or so) set up in 1500.  Weird.

And by the way, as of Saturday ALL loops were open and FULL!  Most crowded I've seen the Fort in awhile.

I can believe it.  We were at POP and wanted to extend for Saturday night (so we could actually sleep before driving home) and they told us they were COMPLETELY booked.  We couldn't even get a late check out.

Sounds like the parks would have been a zoo over the weekend!

1500 is open for business.  Yes, there was a travel trailer, slide out and everything, I would estimate at least 28 feet long in it.  So much for the rules.  1600 is still closed however.

That's weird. 1600 was open when we drove through Saturday. There was one site that had been completely repaved and was blocked off. You could also see where they had dug up the road and repaved it as well. I had seen cement sewer type pipes sitting out in the front of 1600 earlier, so I'm guessing they had to redo a bunch of sewer lines. Guessing they opened the loop for the busy weekend then shut it down for more repairs.

1500 is open for business.  Yes, there was a travel trailer, slide out and everything, I would estimate at least 28 feet long in it.  So much for the rules.  1600 is still closed however.

Ok awesome. I put my request fax in for the 1500 loop sites. Fingers crossed!

I can believe it.  We were at POP and wanted to extend for Saturday night (so we could actually sleep before driving home) and they told us they were COMPLETELY booked.  We couldn't even get a late check out.

Sounds like the parks would have been a zoo over the weekend!

My Sister-in-Law and her family were at the wilderness lodge this weekend and only did the parks late at night other wise it was just miserable.

• 4 weeks later...

Last year we booked a partial site on our first tenting trip. When we got there they bumped us up to a full in the 1800 loop. Maybe you would get lucky and they would do the same for you. If they say something about the TT going into a partial, just say when you booked you had a pop up and since your not using a sewer connection you didn't think it would matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from a 4 night visit... we have a 23' hybrid (I think it's around 26' with the back bunk opened) and stayed in the 1500 loop with no problems.  Missed the sewer hook-up, but the size of our pad worked fine for both our camper and our truck (plus a 12x12 awning out back).

Just got back from a 4 night visit... we have a 23' hybrid (I think it's around 26' with the back bunk opened) and stayed in the 1500 loop with no problems.  Missed the sewer hook-up, but the size of our pad worked fine for both our camper and our truck (plus a 12x12 awning out back).

Our hybrid is 24' closed and about 31' open, I prefer the full hookups because I like to be able to use my sink and toilet. The cost difference is so small it just doesn't seem worth is to not use all the features of my trailer. 

Our hybrid is 24' closed and about 31' open, I prefer the full hookups because I like to be able to use my sink and toilet. The cost difference is so small it just doesn't seem worth is to not use all the features of my trailer. 

The only thing we like about the tent/pop-up sites.. is yes, it saves us a few dollars, but as long as we get the 1500 loop, then the location is not bad.  If we don't do that loop...then we bump up to the preferred as we like being close to the boat/beach.  This time around, the trip was a "bonus" short trip...so we were only there for a few days which meant using our sink, shower and commode was not an issue...we simply found an empty site on our way out and emptied the tanks.  Took an extra 45 minutes, but it was worth the savings for this nice little bonus trip :)