(I know I posted a link in another thread, but figured it would be good to include this here as well)

The Disney Food Blog has posted a review from someone that received an invitation to use FP+ to reserve lunch at Be Our Guest in the Magic Kingdom.  Full article here...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/04/13/review-fastpass-lunch-at-be-our-guest-restaurant-in-disney-worlds-magic-kingdom/

Excerpts...

Booking the FastPass+ reservation was similar to making a regular advance dining reservation. I thought the FastPass+ option for Be Our Guest was still an invite-only opportunity, but if you see the comment by a reader below, it looks like anyone with a resort reservation can book it. I haven’t tried, so let us know what your mileage is.

Once I’d logged in at the special website, I was offered several different times to dine. The time window works like a regular FastPass — you have a specific window of time in which to show up and use your FastPass. I chose a late lunchtime, but I was really hoping for an early option.

And here’s a TIP: I preferred an earlier dining time, so I checked back the next morning and an earlier spot had opened up! So be sure to secure a table, any table. There’s a good chance you can change your time later. In fact, you can change your time up until arrival.

FastPass+-Ordering-2-Be-Our-Guest-600x45

Choosing the Time for Your FastPass+ Reservation is Easy

I took advantage of the opportunity to order online. The menu that popped up looked similar to the ones I had used during my previous lunch visit.

I could even make alterations to the entrees — leave off a sauce, for instance — and the menu would show me the nutritional information changes for different choices.

On the day of my reservation, I arrived a little early and checked in at the same spot where you confirm your dinner advance dining reservation. The cast member gave me a rose — the customary red one, not the yellow ones that were used during earlier testing — and directed me to a FastPass+ line that was right beside the regular line.

Once in, I went to the podium via the FastPass+ line and was directed to a regular pay kiosk. The cast member confirmed my order and I paid there.

It’s important to note that I could have changed anything or everything about my order at this point — from my selections, to leaving some of the trimmings off of my sandwich.

Potato-Leek-Soup-Be-Our-Guest-Lunch-600x

Potato Leek Soup

Carved-Prime-Chuck-Roast-Beef-Sandwich-B

Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich

Braised-Pork-Be-Our-Guest-Lunch-600x594.

Braised Pork

The-Masters-Cupcake-Be-Our-Guest-Lunch-5

The Master’s Cupcake

Strawberry-Cream-Cheese-Cupcake-Be-Our-G

Strawberry Cream Cheese Cupcake

Chocolate-Cream-Puff-Be-Our-Guest-Lunch-

Chocolate Cream Puff

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll figure it all out.   It's much adieu about nothing.   TCD

Breaking News!  Be Our Guest Adds Reservations for Lunch!   See here:  http://www.disneydining.com/breaking-news-guest-adds-reservations-lunch/

No.   The BOG FP+'s don't even show up on your MDE.    TCD

• 2 weeks later...

*FYI*

Called Disney Dining this morning about trying to add one person to our BOG dinner rezzie and tried to change the date. One person added but unable to change the date.

However, the CM told me that Disney had randomly picked people to get a FP+ Lunch rezzie but now all resort guest will be sent an invitation to book a FP+ lunch rezzie at BOG.

They are sending emails approx 30 days before your arrival.

So what your email.

*FYI*

Called Disney Dining this morning about trying to add one person to our BOG dinner rezzie and tried to change the date. One person added but unable to change the date.

However, the CM told me that Disney had randomly picked people to get a FP+ Lunch rezzie but now all resort guest will be sent an invitation to book a FP+ lunch rezzie at BOG.

They are sending emails approx 30 days before your arrival.

So what your email.

We got the email to lunch the first day we arrived for week's stay in March.  Good thing I get email on my phone.

We got the email to lunch the first day we arrived for week's stay in March. Good thing I get email on my phone.

I wonder if you were one of the randomly picked people?

The way the Disney dining CM made it sound was that this was a new thing available to all resort guests.

I never got the email invite for my stay at the Fort in March.

But, I was able to make and use a lunch BOG FP+ reservation through a link that GDF shared in a previous trip report.

There has since been at least one first hand report from a Fiend who was able to successfully use that link as well. 

So, as long as you have a resort reservation, you don't have to wait for the invite.

TCD

So, as long as you have a resort reservation, you don't have to wait for the invite.

TCD

I think your right.

I tried to use Kelly's link today and it didn't work.

But I'm trying to book more than 30 out.

I'm going to keep trying. And if I don't get an email and I'm able to use kellys link I don't think they'll deny us entry.

I think your right.

I tried to use Kelly's link today and it didn't work.

But I'm trying to book more than 30 out.

I'm going to keep trying. And if I don't get an email and I'm able to use kellys link I don't think they'll deny us entry.

Obviously, it would be better to wait to get the invite.

But, it seems like us scummy Fort campers get overlooked on a lot of these types of things.

So, if they don't invite you, invite yourself.

The link never worked for me until the day before our trip. 

TCD

Obviously, it would be better to wait to get the invite.

But, it seems like us scummy Fort campers get overlooked on a lot of these types of things.

So, if they don't invite you, invite yourself.

The link never worked for me until the day before our trip.

TCD

Lol!

I won't be a scummy Fort camper this trip.

We are staying at the Wyndham bonnet creek June 1-8, and then AKV 8-14th.

Hopefully they won't remember my past and send the email early.

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the info, Gwen!

So many questions...

- will the lunch menu change?

- will this now be all table service all the time?

- will the standby line go away completely?

Oh and did you catch this little tidbit...

Disney has also confirmed that Be Our Guest will be adding breakfast sometime later this year. Details will be released at a later time.

I saw a breakfast menu the other day but wasnt where I could share it at the time. Seemed almost quick service for breakfast too. I expect Lunch to stay the same just moving from the FP+ to a formal reservations system. It will open this up though to anyone, resort or otherwise, so it should be interesting to see how availability goes. 

Do you think this will mean the end of the standby line?

The stand by line has been problematic for a while now as it is. Unless you got there right away in the morning most days you werent going to get in. I think that despite it being quick service still it will be just like any other Table Service with reservations. They may take some walk ups if available but I doubt the stand by line will make a return. They are just changing the system to make the reservation. 

Just a disclaimer. I dont have specific inside knowledge. This it just my beliefs. I guess we will see soon.