• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll figure it all out.   It's much adieu about nothing.   TCD

Breaking News!  Be Our Guest Adds Reservations for Lunch!   See here:  http://www.disneydining.com/breaking-news-guest-adds-reservations-lunch/

No.   The BOG FP+'s don't even show up on your MDE.    TCD

Wife and I are really confused, we thought there was a website to make a reservation? We have a trip planned for a little under 60 days, so we tried the fast pass for lunch, and it said none available.  Is this a new system, pr was the site we were looking at abandoned already?

Thanks

AP

only dinner reservations right now. Lunch maybe after 2/25/15

You have to be on on-site guest and  go to this website https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/

Man, you guys should read GDF trip reports. You would have known all this ages ago! :)

I read them I just couldn't remember everything I have a 5 year old.

The stand by line has been problematic for a while now as it is. Unless you got there right away in the morning most days you werent going to get in.

It wasn't a problem until they started experimenting with making it FP+ only.   Before that,  we ate there many times using standby, and it worked fine.

After we got turned away a few times for not having FP+, we started going later, toward closing time.  The last two times, which were in the last 60 days, we were able to join the standby line, and were seated and eating within 30 minutes.

I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with the FP+ only experiment.  It seemed like a dumb idea, and they must have had a ton of empty tables for most of the day until they reopened the standby line late.  That failed experiment may be what is leading to them accepting regular ADR's now.  They should have just left it how it was.  I imagine those ADR's are going to all be snapped up at the 180 day mark like the dinner reservations are now.

TCD

It wasn't a problem until they started experimenting with making it FP+ only.   Before that,  we ate there many times using standby, and it worked fine.

After we got turned away a few times for not having FP+, we started going later, toward closing time.  The last two times, which were in the last 60 days, we were able to join the standby line, and were seated and eating within 30 minutes.

I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with the FP+ only experiment.  It seemed like a dumb idea, and they must have had a ton of empty tables for most of the day until they reopened the standby line late.  That failed experiment may be what is leading to them accepting regular ADR's now.  They should have just left it how it was.  I imagine those ADR's are going to all be snapped up at the 180 day mark like the dinner reservations are now.

TCD

very true about it being fine till FP+. But now if people dont show up for their ADR's Disney will get a $10 fee per person for the empty table.

It wasn't a problem until they started experimenting with making it FP+ only. Before that, we ate there many times using standby, and it worked fine.

After we got turned away a few times for not having FP+, we started going later, toward closing time. The last two times, which were in the last 60 days, we were able to join the standby line, and were seated and eating within 30 minutes.

I'm not sure what they were trying to accomplish with the FP+ only experiment. It seemed like a dumb idea, and they must have had a ton of empty tables for most of the day until they reopened the standby line late. That failed experiment may be what is leading to them accepting regular ADR's now. They should have just left it how it was. I imagine those ADR's are going to all be snapped up at the 180 day mark like the dinner reservations are now.

TCD

Maybe they were trying to determine their capacity for a CS restaurant that takes ADRs?

Maybe they were trying to determine their capacity for a CS restaurant that takes ADRs?

Maybe.  But, using FP+ for that experiment doesn't seem like the way to do it.  Most guests had no idea how to book the FP+'s.  And, based on some of the comments on this thread and others, even some savvy Fiends didn't know.

Like Jason said, though, the ADR idea is a no-brainer for Disney.  They'll probably make a mint off of the $10 no-show fees.

TCD

Since Fastpass doesn't narrow down a specific time within the hour, people could have been coming at say 11:55 and than the 12:00 people were coming at that time and it was getting to congested and basically overbooked and than they were saving tables for people that didn't come at all and there were lulls. At least for reservations you have a tighter window.

Best Regards,

Norm