BTW, I did not get mine as a gift from TCD or Lou. I didn't want anyone to think I was an ungrateful bum! I got mine the old fashioned way... crawling on hands and knees over gravel ballast through brambles. I hear normal people spend their free time on vacation at pools or in hammocks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome, Red.

FWRR spikes are a Fiend thing.

If you are an active member here and let it be known that you will be visiting the Fort, the Spike fairy is likely to pay you a visit and spike you.

Being an active member helps a lot.

TCD

I never got one from you. I had to be the weird one and spike the spiker...lol

• 1 year later...

I want to be visited by the spike fairy!!!!  Just found this page, but I'm a life-long Disney nut.  Been coming to Ft. Wilderness since it was open.  And have found memories of riding the train.  Been there multiple (ok, a TON) of times looking for a spike...trudging through the brush...to no avail.  Heading back to the Fort next week, would LOVE a visit from the fairy--been a dream of mine to have one!!!  

Bill

So, is this "spike fairy" for real??  Cause I'm like obsessed with getting one!!   One of the fondest memories of Ft. Wilderness is riding that train and I would love to have one.  Tried numerous times to find one on my own with no luck, and a few scratches!  Coming in Wednesday  for a couple of weeks.  PLEASE come visit me spike fairy!!

There are a couple members of this board that have a supply of Ft. Wilderness RR spikes. There is a thread in the community board called "Post your site number" or something like that. When you arrive at the Fort, get on that thread and post your site number.

If you do that you never know.....

You can also order a Fort Fiends sign at the store. I know your trip is soon, but you could PM AuburnJen to see if she could possibly get you a sign on the 28th when she gets to the Fort.

you need to pm me first and asap because my truck and calendar are filling up fast....if you don't hurry, there may not be a spot for said sign in the truck, lol

that goes for the rest of you peeps too...need a sign?  want to save the shipping (which has gone up by the way....add 3 bucks thanks to the post office) then pm me and if i don't respond right away, pm mouseketab or bradybz for my actual phone number to text me...sometimes i get busy and i can't check as often as i should

• 2 weeks later...
On April 11, 2016 at 1:52 PM, AuburnJen said:

that goes for the rest of you peeps too...need a sign?  want to save the shipping (which has gone up by the way....add 3 bucks thanks to the post office) then pm me and if i don't respond right away, pm mouseketab or bradybz for my actual phone number to text me...sometimes i get busy and i can't check as often as i should

I tried to purchase a sign but it reads that it can't be shipped to my address.  Would it be because we live in Canada?  I'm ok with paying the extra shipping...

Brandy, I got the same notice when I tied to order one. 

Instructions from Jen.