Alright, this is your last chance to give me loop request advice. Based off answers from 7 months ago I am thinking 1400, 900, 500, who knows. This is based off what we are planning to do and the CS : campsite ratio given in last post. Now we are down to the wire and I am looking for any additional input.

We have two children celebrating birthdays (9 & 6)

5 days at parks

2 days at fort

plan to swim most every day

Campfire and movies when not dead tired

Have bikes, will ride

TT, don't mind showering in it

Arrive April 27

Thanks,

Mike

1400, Outer Loop.  Close to the main pool and Meadows facilities...campfire, Trading Post, tennis court, etc.  If you look at a map. you will see 1400 has an Iner and an Outer loop.  Some of the Inner sites are pretty small.  Sites around 1436 are Outer and close to the facilities listed above as well as the CS.

We have stayed in 1200 a few times.  Nice, mostly larger sites, but further from the action and closer to bus noise near the 4-way stop.  (Better for more Christmas decorations along the road.)   I checked Shanta's Google Earth program of the Fort and do not see a bridge from 1300 except the one at the Trading Post toward the pool area.

I have stayed 1400 both loops 1435 is right by the campfire/movie and the bath house very convenient. But the inner loop was nice too, we stayed on 1457 and it had a small cut through the back that came out right in front of the bath house on the outer loop. Kids did like the inner loop better for playing and riding bikes and still plenty close to everything. We haven't rented a cart yet. 

I would vote for 1400. When we arrived on our last trip the CM at checkin asked where we would like to be, I told her I trust you to give us the best site available and she put us in the outer loop of 1400 on the canal. It was a great loop since my son would get tired mid day and we would return at hit the pool for a few hours which was walkable within a few minutes. And at night we could catch the movies and roast some smores, and if you needed something from the store it was close by. We never did use the CS but it was close by.

We just returned from a weeks trip on April 6, and we are a family of 5 - me, wifey, sons ages 7 and 5, daughter age 3. We requested 1400 and got 1456, inner loop. We loved it! Great area for kids to ride their bikes, b-ball hoop and tetherball at the end if the street, and we rode bikes everywhere with ease.

Just remember to look at the Ft. Fiends campsite viewer to see where the hookups are. Our site had water at street, sewer in the middle and electric in the back. Not the easiest configuration to accommodate, but we made due with a long garden hose for the water instead of my normal water hose.

Have fun!!!