Early Registration for AP and DVC members is open. I registered for the Dopey - registration for the 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Full Marathon, Goofy (Half and full marathons), and the Dopey (all 4 races) are available.

Regular registration opens soon and the races will fill up quickly - sometimes a matter of minutes.

runDisney races sell out that fast - so do a lot of the more popular races such as the Marine Corps Marathon, NYC Marathon, Chicago Marathon, Boston Marathon ...

I have seen runDisney races sell out in a matter of minutes!  Last year, they allowed early registration for the Dumbo Double Dare (Disneyland 10K and Half Marathon) during the WDW Marathon Week - when it opened for general registration, it sold out the remaining spots in less than 10 minutes. Any time there is a new race - or an anniversary like the Goofy in 2015 - it sells out almost immediately ... with the others not far behind.

I just checked - the Marathon is at 70% capacity ... and they must have added more spots for the Anniversary Goofy, because it's only at 54% now.

That's amazing.

No wonder they keep adding new races.

TCD

runDisney is a major cash cow - they charge crazy high prices to register; charge extra for resorts during race weeks; sell race related merchandise at high even for Disney prices; ...

During Marathon Week, they have over 50,000 people in the races. Figure in family and support staff, and there's probably 250,000+ people during that time frame staying on property or nearby.

I've been meaning to ask- What does it cost to do the Dopey challenge?  I imagine they give you somewhat of a price break, but probably not much.  Or do you pay full price for each race?

The beauty of these races for Disney is that they schedule them during what used to be less busy non-holiday times.  They've found a way to fill the rooms and parks through these races.  Brilliant.

TCD

Wow.

More that I thought.

That's just for the races, right?

No accommodations or anything else.

And this event is full.  Do you know how many participants they take before saying it's full?

TCD

Yes, That is just the races (and shirts and medals and water/power-ade and gummi bears and chocolate, etc on the courses) ;

No accommodations or meals;

and it's full. 

Last year full was 16,000 registrants.

You could've done the Dopey tied into a Racing Magazine? promo for the low low price of $999! My nephew from Texas signed up for the Dopey. We are going to try to go over for at least one of the races. They open the MK at 5:30 to allow spectators. Were thinking of signing up the 2 granddaughters for the Mickey Mile over at ESPN. That's only $20 each.

You could've done the Dopey tied into a Racing Magazine? promo for the low low price of $999! My nephew from Texas signed up for the Dopey. We are going to try to go over for at least one of the races. They open the MK at 5:30 to allow spectators. Were thinking of signing up the 2 granddaughters for the Mickey Mile over at ESPN. That's only $20 each.

Yes, There was a Runners World Challenge. It's entry to The Dopey along with entry to the various additional $ events like the Pasta Parties, pre-race half and full breakfast (what a joke), and limited access porta pottys before the race ... only $999. If you give a s care about the additional garbage items, then you save a few $.

MK does open at 5:30 - for the Half and Full Marathons. Get there early because there are a lot of people trying to get in. If you want a limited access viewing area, you have to pay for it - Gold ($85) or Platinum ($180) ChEAR Squad membership. (You can save a little money if you only want it for one race - $65 Gold or $120 Platinum.) IF you do plan on watching from the MK, you can only get there on the Monorail during race day - No buses, boats OR cars. You can drive to EPCOT (or catch one of the runner transport buses if you want to start REAL early). You DO want to start early, because traffic will be a mess getting to EPCOT and there will be a LOT of people wanting to get to MK to watch.

Kids really like the races they have for them ... and they get a medal to wear around just like all the other runners.