Here's Your New Chinese Tow Vehicle!

A Chinese company has cloned the exterior of the F-150.  It sports a monster of a diesel engine putting out a whole 105 hp!! 

How about pulling your 9,000 lb trailer to the Fort with that beast!  :rofl3:

PICKUP MUST BE!!  :rofl2:

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/04/23/chinese-automaker-blatantly-copies-ford-f-150/?intcmp=features

kawei-i1-876.jpg

I have used tractors with half that horsepower that would pull a heck of alot.

My Ford 9N only has about 25hp but has about 90-100 ft lbs of torque. It can pull a small house.

And I have Ford 3500 that has about 40hp and is a work horse.

I've never figured out how that works. A old farmer told me once that tractors are rated different then cars. Do you know?

My Ford 9N only has about 25hp but has about 90-100 ft lbs of torque. It can pull a small house.

And I have Ford 3500 that has about 40hp and is a work horse.

I've never figured out how that works. A old farmer told me once that tractors are rated different then cars. Do you know?

No but at we have a b26 kubota backhoe which is only 26 hp. We had a company truck that was stuck in the mud weighed well over 10,000 pounds and It drug it out like nothing.

That's all fine and dandy, but I don't want my truck pulling my trailer to Florida at 10 mph like a tractor.  I guess since Ford doesn't sell the F150 in China but there is a huge market for it, someone is filling the demand irregardless of capability.  Most Chinese live in cities these days, so they probably just want the look of a real truck, but don't need a real truck.  (Like many American customers of F150's too, in reality).  

TJ. Your only 5 posts away from hitting 5,000 posts.

That means you'll get a t-shirt from Jen.

I already offered him an orange and navy tshirt, he acted like he didn't know what a tshirt was.  :rofl2:

(there was an inside joke there, but I was ignoring it...so there)

I used to drive a 1981 Chevrolet Luv Truck (Isuzu). It was rated at 58 HP if I remember right and would pull my 16 ft boat, but you better not be in a hurry. Would pull it around 55 in 4th gear, would not hold speed in 5th. Had well over 200,000 miles when retired and it still is sitting on my property. Transmission gave out.

• 2 weeks later...

Cummins B3.9L 4BT

Applications:

Chevrolet Step Vans, agricultural machinery, construction equipment.

Configuration:

Inline 4-cylinder diesel.

Displacement:

3.9 liters, 239 cubic inches.

Bore:

4.02 inches.

Stroke:

4.72 inches.

Compression Ratio:

17.5 : 1

Aspiration:

Turbocharged, non-intercooled.

Engine Weight:

745 - 782 lbs w/ oil.

Oil Capacity:

10 quarts.

Horsepower:

105 hp @ 2,300 rpm *

Torque:

265 lb-ft @ 1,600 rpm *

GVWR:

16,000 lbs.

*Common rating, though horsepower & torque ratings vary by application and model year.