Ok all you Fiends either currently at or headed to WDW, I have a beer mission for you.

Almost a year ago Beers and Ears reported that the Schöfferhofer Grapefruit beer that has been so popular at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival since 2012, was being offered on a regular basis at the Bier stand in the Germany Pavilion.

IMG_0880-e1372119351550-605x453.jpg

Can anyone confirm that this is still being offered?

This was the original article/review...

http://beersandears.net/2013/06/schofferhofer-grapefruit-is-back/

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cut Gwen some slack. She's still asleep on the People Mover. :rofl2:

Schöfferhofer Grapefruit beer is available in Germany when we were there in March.  We also bought it at the ABC store Vineland Ave and Lake Street about 10 minutes from the campground.

I had one on our New Year's trip. It was at the kiosk/window on the right as you enter the Germany pavilion. I love it! My husband says it just tastes like fizzy grapefruit juice, but I think it it's

I'll do it!!  

Does FF.net have a travel budget for this sort of mission??  

If it did this thread wouldn't exist.   8)

I don think it was there at Christmas. But I'll have to arrive to our Biergarten rezzie early so I can try one of those biers.

It sounds like a refreshing bier on a hot Florida day.

I'll get back to you in June.

Thanks Ray. It's delicious. 

2 Henry's brewery in Plant City about 45 minutes west of WDW has good grapefruit beer. Nice place, and they have a winery on site also.

http://twohenrysbrewing.com

Good to know! I have family not far from there.  I guess when were' down this fall, instead of them coming up to the Fort, we'll be heading their way for a visit.

Since I posted it and I get to be snarky.

And I don't care if you I've in the eastern time zone.

It was posted at 6:36 am. Central time.

Knucklehead. Lol!

Yes you posted it at 6:36am, but Mo asked when it was taken. Dave told her 7:33am. Which is very evident by the picture.

Where is the eastern/central border?

I thought it was just east of nasheville.

Is Chattanooga eastern or central?

The boundary is an hour or so east of Nashville.  Chattanooga is in Eastern time, but barely.  Traveling west on I-24 from Chattanooga, you'll hit Central time in about 10 minutes. 

Yes you posted it at 6:36, but Mo asked when it was taken. Dave told 7:33. Which us very evident by the picture.

Thank you for straightening Lou Jr out. 

I had one on our New Year's trip. It was at the kiosk/window on the right as you enter the Germany pavilion. I love it! My husband says it just tastes like fizzy grapefruit juice, but I think it it's a great beer (and I really like grapefruit). I had it last summer as well- it's really refreshing on a hot day.