I am going to throw a little grapefruit juice in my bier and see what it is like. Should I be worried if I take Lipitor?

Yes, you should. 

I remember a study several years ago to determine why statins had lower than typical effectiveness in Middle and East Tennessee and western North Carolina.  They spent a ton of money only to figure out that those areas are the primary market for Sundrop soda.  They told the patients to stop drinking Sundrop.  I think many of them said they'd rather live with the cholesterol. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cut Gwen some slack. She's still asleep on the People Mover. :rofl2:

Schöfferhofer Grapefruit beer is available in Germany when we were there in March.  We also bought it at the ABC store Vineland Ave and Lake Street about 10 minutes from the campground.

I had one on our New Year's trip. It was at the kiosk/window on the right as you enter the Germany pavilion. I love it! My husband says it just tastes like fizzy grapefruit juice, but I think it it's

Yes, you should. 

I remember a study several years ago to determine why statins had lower than typical effectiveness in Middle and East Tennessee and western North Carolina.  They spent a ton of money only to figure out that those areas are the primary market for Sundrop soda.  They told the patients to stop drinking Sundrop.  I think many of them said they'd rather live with the cholesterol. 

That's the way I feel about Sundrop!

You need to drink large amounts of grapefruit juice to really effect the statins. The whole thing was started because some nurse on a grapefruit diet taking Lipitor died.

Just got out of EPCOT After Hours in Mexico, it was awesome. If I could text better, without weaving, I would post more now. I did take some pictures, but it is a bar, so they are pretty dark. More later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And as previously reported ... It is delicious. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well done!!  Thank you very much for taking on this oh-so-important mission.  Fiends are the best!  :thank-you-smiley3:

Now that we have found out that the grapefruit beer can indeed still be purchased in Epcot, our next mission is for someone to figure out how to get it from there into my hands here at home.

:drwho-smiley:

Just got out of EPCOT After Hours in Mexico, it was awesome. If I could text better, without weaving, I would post more now. I did take some pictures, but it is a bar, so they are pretty dark. More later! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to hear more about it.  Sounds like you had an excellent time!  :)

Today was our last day and we wanted to see the Flower Festival without rain. The weather was beautiful and to finish our trip we went back to Germany for one more beer. qu6aje3a.jpg

Here is the sign, it looks permanent, thank you Vanna White.

Here is Mike with his, you can get it in two places. There is a beer stand out front, and this place in the back.nyha3uba.jpg

Funny side note, we were leaving Germany with our prize, and I spotted one of Mike's favorite college friends standing in the beer line! He was getting his special grapefruit beer that he can't find in Arcadia, FL! It's a small world after all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today was our last day and we wanted to see the Flower Festival without rain. The weather was beautiful and to finish our trip we went back to Germany for one more beer. qu6aje3a.jpg Here is the sign, it looks permanent, thank you Vanna White. Here is Mike with his, you can get it in two places. There is a beer stand out front, and this place in the back.nyha3uba.jpg Funny side note, we were leaving Germany with our prize, and I spotted one of Mike's favorite college friends standing in the beer line! He was getting his special grapefruit beer that he can't find in Arcadia, FL! It's a small world after all. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brilliant!!  Hope you enjoyed the beer and thanks a bunch for taking on this oh-so-important mission!   :)

• 2 weeks later...

Excuse my ignorance, I couldn't figure out how to start a new chat. However, this discovery/question came as the result of this original post about beer.

On our mission to find grapefruit beer, we discovered a restaurant we had previously never tried, the Biergarten.

Knowing we were coming back, and after reading Kelly's TR about it, we decided to come back when we were here with the kids in two weeks. So we are here, and we went, and it was wonderful! After a very filling lunch, we were looking around the Germany stores and discovered this tiny sign in the wine/ beer store:5yryqyqa.jpg

I've done both.  If you like trying new wines, they're actually a pretty good deal.  Depending on who's pouring, you can actually end up getting quite a bit of wine for the price.  Actually I'm surprised the Wine Walk is still only $20 - that's the same price as it was 5 years ago!

The shops sell all the wines you sample, so if you find something you like, you can buy some to take home.  Or you can do what I did and find it at home for 1/2 the price.  :)