But people at the Poly pool are constantly going in and out of Capt Cook's because that's the only place to get food while you're at the pool. They wouldn't want all those people in wet suits walking around inside the lobby, at least I don't think so.

Those poor poly guest with only capt. Hooks to get food at. I think we would all take a capt hooks at the fort...or at least the missing dole whip machine. I agree about the new lobby not wanting to be soaked

I know this will be an unpopular post, but ... the main reason I don't like the Poly is that the lobby stinks. Maybe getting of the waterfall and the chlorine will help.

I thought it was just us who smelled it. Maybe they replicated the smell of the 70's and pump it through the air system
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sleeps up to 8 people. That's only $262.50-$362.50 per person per night. When y'all have your renewal of vows ceremony just get 4 couples, 8 people. I will only need it for 4 nights. So if we

I was just at Trader Sams in march. If it's like the one at DL I think it'll be my new favorite stop on my monorail pub crawl. It's really cool.

No, not in the quick serve place.  But there will be one in every new bungalow.  All the Dole Whip you can eat, for only $4000/night. 

Recent info from DisneyDining.com suggests that the Pineapple Lanai kiosk - which will feature Dole Whips - will be located next to the pool, which is also being renovated...

The Nanea Volcano feature pool area is being completely renovated, with plans for a new children’s water play area, an enlarged deck to accommodate poolside seating for hundreds of guests and a hot tub with expansive views of Seven Seas Lagoon.

Near the feature pool area, a new food & beverage experience that will be available to our guests is a Pineapple Lanai kiosk, featuring the world-famous Dole Whip.

One more bit of news...

And finally, an all-new children’s activity center for guests, rebranded as Club Disney, is now taking reservations for next month’s opening at Disney’s Polynesian Resort.

http://www.disneydining.com/breaking-news-new-details-polynesian/

• 1 month later...

As part of the overall overhaul, Disney's Polynesian Resort has begun the transition to its new (old?) name, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

From the Mouse... "The name harkens back to the nomenclature at the resort's opening in 1971 and sets the stage for the future of the property"

As part of the overall overhaul, Disney's Polynesian Resort has begun the transition to its new (old?) name, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort.

From the Mouse... "The name harkens back to the nomenclature at the resort's opening in 1971 and sets the stage for the future of the property"

In a related development, Disney has announced that the Great Ceremonial House will revert to its original name....the Lobby. 

This just in. Downtown Disney which just recently had it's name changed to Disney Springs will now be "The Disney Village Marketplace".

The name change harkens back to when WDW was not run by a bunch of idiots.

Marketplace?

Like a place where they sell stuff?

That's too logical.

I like them calling it Disney Springs.

That is much more intriguing.

TCD

In a related development, Disney has announced that the Great Ceremonial House will revert to its original name....the Lobby. 

How boring!

This just in. Downtown Disney which just recently had it's name changed to Disney Springs will now be "The Disney Village Marketplace".

The name change harkens back to when WDW was not run by a bunch of idiots.

Makes sense.  

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw on Instagram while the pool is closed guests of the poly get free admission to typhoon lagoon

Wow, must be nice.  When the Fort pool was closed back in 2009 we were only allowed to use the pool at Wilderness Lodge.  And we were required to take a hot shower before entering and scrub down the sides with Comet afterward to remove the ring.  

Stormalong Bay has been using wristbands for a long time now. And from what I hear, they definitely do check.

Not sure about the others.

Last winter the DW & I stopped for a drink at Hurricane Hanna's. A CM was scanning Magic Bands to get into the pool area. I was in street clothes & tried to walk thru the pool area to get into the hotel & I was told no, I had to go around the long way. 

I just saw on Instagram while the pool is closed guests of the poly get free admission to typhoon lagoon Blizzard Beach

In the interest of accuracy.

When the Fort pool was closed back in 2009 we were only allowed to use the pool at Wilderness Lodge.

Here's why.

Poly, cheapest room.....$429/$676

WL, cheapest room...... $289/$499

FW (full hook-up site).......$66/$124

This is where I got Typhoon lagoon.

Understandable, my best guess is that due to the bus changes at DTD, that sign is for guests going to TL. It may be at all the resorts.

Below is a portion of the letter that guests booked at the Poly receive. There is also a in-room flier that says the same thing.

"The Nanea Volcano Pool and Slide will close for enhancement in late July through early 2015. During this time, the Polynesian East Pool, the leisure pool at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, will remain open for your use. Should you find the Nanea Volcano Pool unavailable during your stay, one complimentary ticket to Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, our watery winter wonderland featuring waterslides, a wave pool, water play areas for the kids and more, will be given to each member of your party. To ensure you have a seamless visit to the Park, Walt Disney World® Bus Service will be provided to a dedicated check-in at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park where you will receive your complimentary tickets and towels."

That's what I thought, otherwise why would you expect to get the same treatment at the Fort as you do at the Poly.

sar·casm
ˈsärˌkazəm/  
noun
noun: sarcasm; plural noun: sarcasms
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
    synonyms: derision, mockery, ridicule, scorn, sneering, scoffing;
    "well, it's easy to see that she got her biting sarcasm from her mother"