• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It sleeps up to 8 people. That's only $262.50-$362.50 per person per night. When y'all have your renewal of vows ceremony just get 4 couples, 8 people. I will only need it for 4 nights. So if we

I was just at Trader Sams in march. If it's like the one at DL I think it'll be my new favorite stop on my monorail pub crawl. It's really cool.

No, not in the quick serve place.  But there will be one in every new bungalow.  All the Dole Whip you can eat, for only $4000/night. 

A sneak peak at the snazzy new bungalows set to open in April with DVC going on sale soon...

We recently shared details about the newest Disney Vacation Club Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, and based on your comments and enthusiasm, it looks like you’re just as excited as we are for this breathtaking new addition to the Disney family! Today, we are excited to share some additional photos and to announce that sales for this beautiful resort will begin on January 12 for current Disney Vacation Club Members and on February 9 for all guests. When the first phase opens, scheduled for April 1, the resort will introduce unique Disney accommodations, including Bora Bora Bungalows and the first connecting Deluxe Studios.

BBB840382THUMB.jpg BBB840383THUMB.jpg

The 20 Bora Bora Bungalows on the Seven Seas Lagoon will sleep up to eight guests each in a two-bedroom, home-like setting reminiscent of the South Pacific.

The 360 Deluxe Studios will be the largest at Walt Disney World Resort and sleep up to five guests each.

BBB840384.jpg

And of course we can’t forget all of the other incredible additions at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, including Lilo’s Playhouse and Pineapple Lanai, as well as an enhanced feature pool and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto, slated to open in 2015.

What are you most looking forward to seeing on your next visit to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort?

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/01/sales-begin-soon-for-disneys-polynesian-villas-bungalows/

I hate the way those bungalows take up practically the whole beach at the Poly, but I have to admit that it would be very sweet to stay in one.

I don't recall seeing the artwork for the pool before.  It's funny that they tore down the existing volcano only to build a similar one.  I don't see a slide entering the main pool in that drawing, but I'm sure they're going to have a big slide somewhere on that volcano.

TCD

It's hard to tell. Is the exterior photo real, or are those still concept drawings?

That's a good question.  I blew up the photo to look closer.  The construction has progressed far enough that this could be a real photo, but it does have a fake look to it.  I like how the dad has a Magic Band on.  Those Disney folks never miss a beat!

TCD

It's hard to tell. Is the exterior photo real, or are those still concept drawings?

That's a good question.  I blew up the photo to look closer.  The construction has progressed far enough that this could be a real photo, but it does have a fake look to it.  I like how the dad has a Magic Band on.  Those Disney folks never miss a beat!

TCD

Something funny is going on.

I was just visiting the Disney Parks Blog, and clicked on the link for the Polynesian Resort news.  Now the photos are clearly marked as artist renderings.  They weren't yesterday.

Mo's post above doesn't show the artist's renderings disclaimer on the photos.  But the official site now does.

So those are all artist's renderings, not real photos.  Final answer.

TCD

Makes you wonder if someone was reading along and said ops and fixed it.  There has got to be a big slide otherwise why are those people up on the volcano. It must come off the right had side behind the flowers in the picture. 

Did anyone notice on the interior pick you can see what looks like a hot tub out on the deck.  Would that not be great, having a drink in your own private hot tub watching the fireworks.  Can't believe they are really going to have a hot tube on the deck though. 

Have they finished the lobby yet and if so does anyone have pictures?

I noticed when we were there in early December and took a boat to the poly you could see that they had one of the villas furnished. Im sure just as a model for sell more DVC.

The construction walls were down and the lobby was close to being finished when I visited there a few weeks ago:

122314238_zps3730f6d0.jpg

That little waterfall in the lobby wasn't working, and it was missing the tiki god shown in the artist's renderings:

122314252_zps1638c635.jpg

The new lighting is cool:

122314240_zps5e78e5c7.jpg

I had never noticed this drawing before, but it was posted on a wall leading out to the pool area.  What is the Submarine Grotto?  And look how guests are wearing masks and snorkels in the drawing:

122314232_zps6c58849b.jpg

I assume this is going to be part of the pool, but haven't seen any mention or discussion about it.

TCD

The tiki will be added for the grand reopening dedication whatever they decide to call it.

I see.  I thought maybe they left if off so it didn't block the view of the Christmas tree.

I have more photos showing a couple of guys still working on the waterfall.  It might be working now.

Do you know anything about the Submarine Grotto?

TCD

Makes you wonder if someone was reading along and said ops and fixed it.  There has got to be a big slide otherwise why are those people up on the volcano. It must come off the right had side behind the flowers in the picture. 

Did anyone notice on the interior pick you can see what looks like a hot tub out on the deck.  Would that not be great, having a drink in your own private hot tub watching the fireworks.  Can't believe they are really going to have a hot tube on the deck though. 

I agree with you- they have to have a slide somewhere on that volcano.

I've heard that they have something called a plunge pool on the deck of the bungalows.  I'm not sure what that is, but I think it's a small pool you can jump in.

TCD

I see. I thought maybe they left if off so it didn't block the view of the Christmas tree.

I have more photos showing a couple of guys still working on the waterfall. It might be working now.

Do you know anything about the Submarine Grotto?

TCD

Sorry I don't

Mo's post above doesn't show the artist's renderings disclaimer on the photos.  But the official site now does.

So those are all artist's renderings, not real photos.  Final answer.

TCD

Weird considering that came straight from the Disney Parks Blog.

122314232_zps6c58849b.jpg

Um... am I the only one that thinks it looks like someone chopped that poor woman's head off?

You know, there were allegedly cannibalistic tribes on some of those Polynesian islands years ago. 8)

So... wanna know how much it may cost you to stay in one of these snazzy bungalows?   I guess this explains why they went through the effort to build only 20 of them...

From WDWMagic...

Although they don't go on sale until alter this month, there have been some pricing details released through some of the official Disney Vacation Club channels.

Expect to pay between $2100 and $2900 per night, depending on season for a room only stay in one of the bungalows. For those members of Disney vacation Club, rates should be somewhere around $160/point, with between 841 and 1439 points needed for a week long stay varying by season.

The pricing has not yet been officially announced, so there is still time for these to change. Existing DVC members can purchase at the property on January 12, with general sales beginning on February 9 2015.

The first phase of the project will open on April 1 2015.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/the-villas-at-disneys-polynesian-resort/news/09jan2015-how-much-you-can-expect-to-pay-for-the-new-bora-bora-bungalows-at-disney%27s-polynesian-village-resort.htm

Speculation that pool hopping to the DVC pool at the Poly may end, as it has at some other resorts...

With all of the refurbishments and construction happening, there will be some new looks and changes once everything reopens. One of those changes may be that pool hopping is no longer allowed at the Nanea Volcano Pool.

DVC News speculates that this is quite possible considering that the Polynesian Village is also getting the addition of Disney Vacation Club Villas. A small handful of pools have already had this happen, and here they are so far:

• Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – All Pools
  • Bay Cove Pool – Bay Lake Tower
  • Samawati Springs – Kidani Village, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas

At these locations, a MagicBand or DVC member ID card is usually needed to enter the pool area. There are also times that Cast Members will randomly ask for these things while Guests are sitting around the pool.

Now, the site does state that the Polynesian Village Resort feature pool and leisure pool will indeed not allow pool hopping anymore.

Per DVC News:

Pool hopping is available Disney Vacation Club members and their guests when using points for any Walt Disney World resort or Disney’s Vero Beach Resort. A Magic Band or DVC member ID card may be requested to confirm eligibility. Members may be asked to leave if the pool reaches capacity. Pool hopping is suspended during a series of high-occupancy blockout dates. Blockout dates for 2015 are as follows:

• January 1 – 4, 2015
  • February 14 – 21, 2015
  • March 21 – April 5, 2015
  • June 27 – July 11, 2015
  • September 5 – 7, 2015
  • November 22 – 29, 2015
  • December 19 – 31, 2015

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/01/06/pool-hopping-disneys-polynesian-village-resort-may-soon-end/

So... wanna know how much it may cost you to stay in one of these snazzy bungalows?   I guess this explains why they went through the effort to build only 20 of them...

From WDWMagic...

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/the-villas-at-disneys-polynesian-resort/news/09jan2015-how-much-you-can-expect-to-pay-for-the-new-bora-bora-bungalows-at-disney%27s-polynesian-village-resort.htm

$2100-$2900 per night means I'll never see the inside of one unless I'm hired as a housekeeper. 

$2100-$2900 per night means I'll never see the inside of one unless I'm hired as a housekeeper. 

I knew they would be a lot, but it's astonishing to me that they built 20 of these things, and the obviously expect them to be occupied.

There may be resorts in the world where it would be worth it to pay that kind of money, but not these.  Those prices are crazy.

TCD

I knew they would be a lot, but it's astonishing to me that they built 20 of these things, and the obviously expect them to be occupied.

I think Disney knew exactly what they were doing with these.

With only 20 of them, they've created an instant and ridiculous demand, despite the price. I expect they'll sell out in hours and be impossible to book for years, if ever.

I think Disney knew exactly what they were doing with these.

With only 20 of them, they've created an instant and ridiculous demand, despite the price. I expect they'll sell out in hours and be impossible to book for years, if ever.

I think you're right.

Brilliant on their part if you think about it.

And I won't be surprised to see them try this other places- like at the Wilderness Lodge and (gulp) the Fort.

TCD