My favorite site there is 20A. If looking on the map, it's in the orange loop. 

Thanks Dave, we were looking at the 2 day combo pass with campsite at $106, will that be enough time, there we can extend our time there if needed so that's why I am checking with the experts.

This bunch is probably not the best to judge if everything can be seen in two days :)  It took us going over Memorial Day for three years and doing small dribs and drabs each year to see most of it.  Some folks never left the campground!!

Having said that, I saw a lot of the park in one day. I went up on the rock, road the train, experienced a couple of the shows, and just generally wandered from about 10 to 2.

We went to the reserved seating for the fireworks one year. At the pricing at the time WELL WORTH IT, but the price has gone up some.

Then another year, we did Ride the Duck as a separate ticket.

Let's see, I went to the park thing, saw the rock saw the glass blower thing, saw the train, went to the store, took Matt to the rental car place and went over to the hotel, so it couldn't be me either.

Let's see, I went to the park thing, saw the rock saw the glass blower thing, saw the train, went to the store, took Matt to the rental car place and went over to the hotel, so it couldn't be me either.

And what did you do the next hour?

I did the duck thing (thanks, Kimmie!!) and Judy took me to Wally World (with a side trip across a covered bridge!).  

Phew - It wasn't me!

That was one of highlights of my trip.. I'll never forget the mans face on the covered bridge when I ask him if we were near a walmart :)

Unlike whoever Carol referred to, we LIVE in Stone Mountain and never go INTO the Park, except to visit at a couple of GG's.  In years gone by I have ridden the train once, back when it was a steam train.  I have walked up the mountain once, when I was younger, and I have never visited the village (or whatever they call it), ridden the ducks, or the tram.  We used to ride through looking at Christmas decorations (sort of a poor man's looping), but they have moved most to the village (or whatever they call it) where you have to pay extra to get in.  I haven't even seen the LASER show in maybe 10 years or more.  They have reconstructed a town of old buildings that are interesting to visit.  I think it may still be a good tourist spot, but we believe Silver Dollar City has commercialized it too much.  Still I like living in Stone Mountain, except for the murders we had this past weekend.  They caught the perps last night.  Was that too much information?

Unlike whoever Carol referred to, we LIVE in Stone Mountain and never go INTO the Park, except to visit at a couple of GG's.  In years gone by I have ridden the train once, back when it was a steam train.  I have walked up the mountain once, when I was younger, and I have never visited the village (or whatever they call it), ridden the ducks, or the tram.  We used to ride through looking at Christmas decorations (sort of a poor man's looping), but they have moved most to the village (or whatever they call it) where you have to pay extra to get in.  I haven't even seen the LASER show in maybe 10 years or more.  They have reconstructed a town of old buildings that are interesting to visit.  I think it may still be a good tourist spot, but we believe Silver Dollar City has commercialized it too much.  Still I like living in Stone Mountain, except for the murders we had this past weekend.  They caught the perps last night.  Was that too much information?

So I've done more than you, Ken, and I've been there twice.

And don't blame me for the murders, I wasn't there last weekend, but I will be in the area over the Memorial Day weekend.

I might have to stop by just to see if Judy still lives there.

Ok we booked today for a 2 night package deal they offer, figure that's good enough to see things there. They did say about a low clearance getting into the campground, is it marked well enough to get around it? We picked site 416 just water & electric which is fine for just 2 nights. Any more info would be great thanks again.

Also, be careful when you go through the gate where the guard is. It is a very tight squeeze in a motorhome. We did a good bit of damage to ours a few years ago at the FF GG.

Ok thanks for the heads up

Yes, Lou, Judy is still here, but she has been under the weather for a month or so and doesn't spend much time on the computer except to do paperwork for the kids.  She seems to be in a recovery mode now   :heartsmiley:  and we are planning our Dollywood trip (2 wks, around July 4th).

Have been thinking of doing a quick weekend but many people say the sites are poor condition. Lot of uneven sites and many with no room to put the awning out. Are there certain areas to avoid. Nothing is worse then traveling 8 hours for a vacation only to get a site that really sucks

Have been thinking of doing a quick weekend but many people say the sites are poor condition. Lot of uneven sites and many with no room to put the awning out. Are there certain areas to avoid. Nothing is worse then traveling 8 hours for a vacation only to get a site that really sucks

The sites that I think you want are the orange or purple sites. I would probably avoid the red sites. In my opinion, the best site is #94. I've booked it twice and both times had to cancel. One if these days I will actually get to stay there!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, Lou, Judy is still here, but she has been under the weather for a month or so and doesn't spend much time on the computer except to do paperwork for the kids.  She seems to be in a recovery mode now   :heartsmiley:  and we are planning our Dollywood trip (2 wks, around July 4th).

Yay for Dollywood! We are Gold Superpass owners. It's our Disney away from Disney (only a 3 hour drive)! Have a blast!

IMO, 2 days is plenty of time to see Stone Mtn.  You may want another day or two to see other things in ATL....like the GA Aquarium, Coke museum or go to a Braves game. 

All great suggestions! We love Stone Mountain, but it really is a "all-you-can-see-in-one-day" type place. You can make two days out of it if you hike and make sure to ride the Ducks! The aquarium and Coke museum are a once every five years type places. And (IMO) you can't beat watching a Braves game with the family. :)