We lost an axle bearing on I-75 S headed to the Fort. Caught it before it went up in flames, but we're down for the count until I get it fixed...probably a new axle. We limped into the Cecil Bay RV Park. Anyone know any mobile repairs in this area?

Not a good start to the trip...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks to all for your concerns!  Once we got to the Fort I basically zoned out (aka drank a lot of beer) for the remainder of the time and didn't even get on the world wide web.     I'll save details

The Reds are coming, the Reds are coming.

Hey Lou, let me fix that for you.   go dawgs, woof woof

Found someone and he's already been here and gone to find a new wheel/hub assembly. Fortunately the spindle is okay so we aren't looking at a full axle. With any luck we might still make it to the Fort today.

Thanks for everyone's concerns and well wishes. The silver lining to all of this is that Jason (Katman) was able to get our reservation pushed back by a day so we won't lose tonight's Fort stay. Instead I'm paying $31 for Cecil Bay RV Park, and whatever this new hub is going to cost me (I shudder to think). But at least we don't lose money at a Disney! Thanks Jason!

Thanks for everyone's concerns and well wishes. The silver lining to all of this is that Jason (Katman) was able to get our reservation pushed back by a day so we won't lose tonight's Fort stay. Instead I'm paying $31 for Cecil Bay RV Park, and whatever this new hub is going to cost me (I shudder to think). But at least we don't lose money at a Disney! Thanks Jason!

Glad I was able to help you out with that part at least. I hope the rest of your trip goes smoothly and you all have a wonderful time!!

Sure hope you get fixed up ASAP in the morning and get to the Fort at a reasonable time.

So how is Cecil Bay?  Would you recommend it for an overnight?

Cecil Bay isn't bad. There are a few full-timers here, but other than that it's pretty quiet. The owner is real nice, but couldn't offer me much advice on finding a repairman. We haven't ventured into their restrooms, but I bet they're pretty old from the looks of the other buildings. They seem to keep the grounds in decent shape.

All in all I don't think it's a bad overnight place. I think there are a few others just spending the night. A Phaeton pulled in next to us, so that makes me feel a little better about being here!

Glad to hear things are working out you might want to invest in a temp gun to keep track of bearing temps. I keep one in the MH and shoot all the wheel hubs everytime we stop for fuel to make sure none of them are running hot.

X2 same thing on our stops.

Glad to hear things are working out you might want to invest in a temp gun to keep track of bearing temps. I keep one in the MH and shoot all the wheel hubs everytime we stop for fuel to make sure none of them are running hot.

I actually had just checked them by hand about an hour before and it was okay after driving about 2hours. Maybe a little warm but nothing alarming. I kind of had a funny feeling about that wheel before we left...should have listened to my gut I guess.

What temp due you consider hot?