Usually this is the worst time of the year for them. That is why we stopped going in May. But the weather has not been as hot as usual so maybe they will be there latter this year. Hope so for your sake. I got so sick from them one year ( I had at least 20 bites).

Usually this is the worst time of the year for them. That is why we stopped going in May. But the weather has not been as hot as usual so maybe they will be there latter this year. Hope so for your sake. I got so sick from them one year ( I had at least 20 bites).

Let's see what happens over the next few days now that it is getting very hot.  Up to 98 degrees on Saturday.  :bugeyes:

I visited the Fort for a few hours on Friday, May 23.

In those few hours, I encountered three yellow flies.  Two on the Trail's End porch, and one at the Settlement Bus Stop.  In years past, the flies have been worse around the full hook up loops than elsewhere around the Fort.  Finding three in the Settlement area might be cause for concern in the loops.

BTW, after my visit, there are three less living yellow flies at the Fort.

TCD

500's. I was wondering around til midnight on the golf cart.

The yellow flies seem to be worst right around sunset.  And in the past, the most problems were in the full hook-up loops- 1600-1900.

Even when the flies are around, you wouldn't be encountering them riding around on a golf cart at midnight.

The same weekend you saw none, I saw (and killed) three in the span of just a couple of hours around the Settlement area right around 7 pm.

So the flies are there.  The question is how bad are they this year?

TCD