A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

Wow, who knew you were such a cultured man? Fuego!

All of my daughters love making those Snapchat stories. It's good for us, because there's usually something new added every night, and it gives us a snapshot of what the girls have been up to.

Here's a couple screenshots from this morning.

From Twin #2 (in reference to the tragedy at FSU the night before) :

nametag_zps3f9adec0.png

From Twin #1- she worked a special event at Hollywood Studios last night. Yes, after being up all night in the MK the night before. This party was a recognition party for WDW CM's with 10 or more years of service. They pulled out all the stops. She has no photos from the party, as she was working, and the rule is "no phones on stage."

cmdhsparty_zps962e2991.png

TCD

All caught up.

Thats pretty cool that they were there for the filming. And they got free tickets. But did they forget that Papa Jar has APs for them and they don't need free tickets. Lol

I am still thanking God that twin # 2 wasn't at school that night.

While down in the utilidors on the tour we came to a display case of past, present, future. The DVC was just mentioned in passing, as if it were common knowledge. Sorry but I didn't get any more info other than "there will be a DVC property at Fort Wilderness"

Two things were confirmed on our Keys to the Kingdom tour. The Animal Kingdom light show and the DVC property at Fort Wilderness. Karen

Alright... you need to elaborate on the second one. 

Karen

• 4 weeks later...

I have a few photos to add to this little TR.

So first, let me respond to these comments.

All caught up.

Thats pretty cool that they were there for the filming. And they got free tickets. But did they forget that Papa Jar has APs for them and they don't need free tickets. Lol

I am still thanking God that twin # 2 wasn't at school that night.

Yes, the girls still have their AP's and I think we will keep them for at least the next year, but they can use those park hopper tickets to bring friends.

I also am thankful Twin #2 wasn't around the library the night of the shooting.

Good work by the twins.

They will always remember this and have great stories to tell for decades.

You're right.

They have had the time of their lives.

They each had to deal with some unplanned turns of events, and saw that not everything is perfect in that magical place.

But, overall, they each had a very positive experience.

TCD

It's hard to believe, but the new era will come to an abrupt end in exactly two weeks from today.

The TCD twins have had a whirlwind of a last month.

There's another trip report currently in progress here that tells about their trip to Disneyland at the beginning of this month.

We flew back from California on a red eye that landed at 6 am in Tampa on December 9.  The girls were supposed to have that night off, but they both picked up a Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Shift and worked that night instead:

mvmcp_zps9b578af7.jpg

Last week, Twin #1's Snapchat story let us know that  she hit the Fort for a quick visit:

phcrhistmas_zps96cb1f6b.png

And breakfast at Trail's End:

tebreak_zps0f2e5848.png

Did you know they have unicorns in the Fort petting zoo now?  Well, it looks like they do:

unicorns_zps8b1c8543.png

Twin #1 hit the MK yesterday and watched the Christmas parade, which will be performed twice a day for all guests for the next week.

This is the new Cinderella coach they brought in from the new Cinderella movie:

cindcoach_zps4127bbcf.jpg

Dancing reindeer:

christmasparade1_zps32c2fd1d.png

Twin #1 had a not too cool experience with the end of her Disney College Program.

About two weeks ago, her manager told her that she and some of the other College Program kids from Adventureland were being deployed to work in the Transportation and Ticket Center parking lot for the Christmas rush.

Twin #1 and the others had no choice in the matter.  So she spent last week training, which included learning how to drive the parking lot trams.

She is scheduled to work 59 hours this week, including Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  No more Tiki Room-she's a tram pilot now:

parking_zps7fe6913b.png

She is taking it well, all things considered.

I think she is looking forward to getting back to Gainesville now.

TCD

It seems like their DCP just began!

You are right.  And Twin #2 started way back in May!  The time really flew.

That's sad she can't finish out where she started.

It is sad.  But, it's also a reminder that they are working for a giant corporation, and that they need to remember that if they chose to pursue careers there.  Castmembers aren't people.  They are interchangeable cogs in a giant machine.

Well I guess it will make it easier for her to leave. It's still better then if she had to clean all the toilets at MK.

True.  She could have been assigned a role she didn't like from the very beginning.  She's met a few kids who've been working the parking lot for their whole programs.  They tell tales of the soles of their sneakers melting to the pavement in the summer.  Seeing how another part of WDW operates is actually a very good thing for her resume.

Oy... I would not want to drive one of those teams. That stinks that she doesn't get to work in Adventureland anymore.

The trams have a max speed of 13 mph, and are easy and simple to drive.  She has ended up liking it.

She does miss Adventureland. but her time there was coming to an end.  She is still able to hang out with her friends from there when she's not working.  So, it hasn't hit her as hard as I thought it would.

Oh, and the good news is that Twin #1 got someone to take her shifts for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, so the twins get to come home for Christmas!  That probably wouldn't have happened if Twin #1 was still working in Adventureland.

TCD

That's great that they get to come home for Christmas.  It's just not the same when your kids can't be home at Christmas.  It's bad enough having to wait for them to come over Christmas morning, don't know how I will take it when they aren't able to be home at all.   

That's great that they get to come home for Christmas.  It's just not the same when your kids can't be home at Christmas.  It's bad enough having to wait for them to come over Christmas morning, don't know how I will take it when they aren't able to be home at all.   

We have 2 of 3 of our kids coming for Christmas tomorrow.  Matthew drove his family to Wilmington, Ohio, today to spend the holidays with her parents.  It's not easy when all of them don't come home..  Hopefully next year we'll have all three of them together.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know why all good things must come to an end.

But they do.

And, just like that, the twins moved out of their Disney apartments on Monday, January 5, and have returned to Tallahassee and Gainesville.

The Shining New Era is no more.

It's time to dust off the books and get back to college.

They didn't start the program together, but they got to graduate together:

grads_zpse3fff5b8.jpg

After graduation, Twin #1 got to visit the MK with some of her Adventureland co-workers.  These kids are from all over the world a couple of the girls are from New Zealand, and old Freddy there is from Ecuador.  The girl on the far left is Twin #1's main partner in crime. She comes from the strange land called South Carolina:

gradhats_zpsbaa52135.jpg

The twins hit up the MK for a final time on Sunday night. They had dinner at Tony's followed by closing the park down:

mainstgrad1_zps14559fbd.jpg

mainstgrad_zps3927bd60.jpg

For now it's back to school.

But there's no doubt that it won't be long before we have some other Shining New Era to look forward to.

TCD