Townsend, TN KOA Shower Setup perfect for Disabilities

I was really impressed with the way the shower house was designed at the Townsend, TN KOA.  They had men's and women's restrooms, but then had several individual shower stalls with locking doors.  They were all large and very accessible. What I liked is if one spouse needed assistance, the other spouse could join them.

I've been to campgrounds that had individual bathrooms that were good for assisting a partner, but in the mornings, when all were being used for showers no toilet facilities were available.

This had the best of both worlds as the toilet facilities were separate.

• 2 weeks later...

Lake Powhatan campground near Asheville, NC is the same way. You have large accessible restrooms that are single person and separate large accessible showers. Both have plenty of room for an assistant to be there as well. It was also one of the better kept restroom facilities I have seen. They would clean them multiple times a day or on demand if you notified the campground host they were not up to par.