Villains hard ticketed event coming to DHS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, too bad. I'll be busy Dave is driving down on every day that event is taking place, ya, I know, he's quite the guy, to help me organize my ping pong ball collection.

More details released on the Disney Parks Blog.   http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/be-prepared-for-villains-unleashed-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/   Hades Hangout - The party kicks off a

Gamora and star lord from guardians of the galaxy will be there as well. They host an Awesome mix dance party by the animation bldg.

Thanks, Lou. I'm not one to complain...actually I never complain (I'm one of those people that even gives good tips in restaurants when I get bad service...drives DH crazy), but this was not even close to being worth the price we paid!

That being the case, my suggestion would be to word it in such a way that it's interpreted as a dissatisfaction letter rather than a complaint letter. I would point out specifically what was expected vs what was received. 

I have a bunch of photos and commentary I'll start posting tomorrow, but I have to agree that this was another massive screw-up by Disney. We had fun, and it was better than last year's fiasco. But we didn't pay $70 a piece for last year's fiasco.

TCD

Didn't you get a CM discount?

That being the case, my suggestion would be to word it in such a way that it's interpreted as a dissatisfaction letter rather than a complaint letter. I would point out specifically what was expected vs what was received.

That's exactly what I had planned to do. I'm going to tell them why we love WDW so much, why we love MNSSHP and MVMCP, and then explain why we were so disappointed with this particular event. I just want them to know what they can do to improve Villains Unleashed in the future.

That's exactly what I had planned to do. I'm going to tell them why we love WDW so much, why we love MNSSHP and MVMCP, and then explain why we were so disappointed with this particular event. I just want them to know what they can do to improve Villains Unleashed in the future.

Let's us know if they make any magic for you.

I don't know what everyone is complaining about. Disney says everything was just fine.

"as many Guests arrived for an evening they would never forget"

"Guests and Cast Members continued to have a wickedly good time as the night went on"

"Special ride-alongs with villains, as well as endless photo opportunities, kept the party going"

"Such a devilishly good evening deserves a grand finale, and that's exactly what was delivered tonight"

"Guests treasured the grand finale as the last (but not least) memory of their night "

People are getting refunded.... everything is a 3 hour wait... it didn't sell out because they didn't cap tickets.... 

just go to twitter and #villiansunleashed

You spelled villains wrong.

Don't feel bad, though. There are hundreds of Instagram posts with that spelling, and the Instagram location finder pulled up the wrong spelling too.

Reading complaints they ran out of the "stamped" hot dog buns.

It seems if you were a blogger it was awesome, if you were a regular person it was an epic fail.

I guess we were lucky to get stamped hot dog buns!

I think you hit the nail on the head with your assessment.

Didn't you get a CM discount?

Nope.

I paid full price for three tickets.

P.T. Barnum was right.

Bet this also explains the mess west bound on I-4.  We passed over I-4 around 6pm, looked like a parking lot.

The traffic is one thing that wasn't bad about this event.

Here is Deb Wills' review from All Ears:

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2014/08/villains_unleased_event_fright.html

Here experiences were similar to MicknMin's.

Wow.  She had a bad time.

This cracks me up.  Did this lady not attend any of the 24 hour events at the MK, or any of the Limited Time Magic fiascos last year?

This event was far from the worst Disney event that I have been to.  It's probably not even in the top 5.

I am glad that some of the bloggers with their blind love of Disney have finally seen the light.  But, the garbage that went on at this event is hardly new.

I totally agree with everything Deb said! I can't wait to read TCD's report about the event.

I will be adding my narrative and photos as bonus content to my most recent trip report.

But, as I already said, I didn't totally hate this event.  I had low expectations, based on other things I have wasted my time attending in the past, and this wasn't as bad as many of those. 

In fact, the bottom line is that we enjoyed the good parts, and they outweighed the bad parts.  I would go again.

I just don't understand how Disney dropped the ball on this so bad.

Inside the magic has a review with a ton of pics and I made me realize I don't know many movies because I was clueless about who 1/2 the people were.

Are you kidding?  When has Disney not dropped the ball for any special event in recent history?

None of this was surprising to me.

TCD

Wow.  She had a bad time.

This cracks me up.  Did this lady not attend any of the 24 hour events at the MK, or any of the Limited Time Magic fiascos last year?

Considering that it is Deb Wills, i'm sure she was probably at the 24 hour events and the Limited Time Magic events.  There isn't much at Disney that she misses.  I agree with everything that she said in her blog about Villains Unleashed.  I didn't see the Oogie Boogie show, so I don't have an opinion on it, but from what she said, I'm glad I missed it.  

I think from now on I'll stick to the Disney events that they do well...MNSSHP & MVMCP!  I think they also do a great job with the special events that they have during the Food & Wine Festival, and from the one RunDisney event that I've done, I can say they do a fantastic job with it too.  

I'm officially scared about our F&W Street Party.

There's no comparison.

"Late Nights Live" takes place every Tues and Thurs night during the F&WF. There's been no over-hyping. It's after-hours and while it will have some entertainment, it doesn't sound like they'll be any characters. The attractions will be closed and it's taking place in just a portion of the World Showcase.

I'm thinking less than a thousand people will be at those, maybe hundreds.

Considering that it is Deb Wills, i'm sure she was probably at the 24 hour events and the Limited Time Magic events.  There isn't much at Disney that she misses.  I agree with everything that she said in her blog about Villains Unleashed.  I didn't see the Oogie Boogie show, so I don't have an opinion on it, but from what she said, I'm glad I missed it.  

I think from now on I'll stick to the Disney events that they do well...MNSSHP & MVMCP!  I think they also do a great job with the special events that they have during the Food & Wine Festival, and from the one RunDisney event that I've done, I can say they do a fantastic job with it too.  

OK, you made me look at this woman's blogs.

In the past it appears that she has been treated like royalty by Disney.  Earlier this year she got to attend the press event and got to ride the Mine Train ride while the rest of us regular folk had to wait several more weeks until they finally decided to open it.  No passholder or DVC previews- everyone had to wait, except for VIP's like Deb:  http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2014/05/reporting_from_the_seven_dwarf.html

And, it turns out she was at the most recent 24 hour event.  While I was waiting in one of the four hour lines to meet one stinking villain, she was enjoying an invitation only meet and greet with the new Maleficent face character, proudly wearing her Media pass (what a tool) :

IMG_0952.JPG

http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2014/05/rock_your_disney_site_24_hour_1.html

After she received the royal treatment there, she split, but not before remarking:

It was now close to 2:00am. I missed my FP+ for Anna and Elsa. The lines for most characters were VERY long and the waits for Princess Scarytale Hall were over 4 hours. As I looked around, it was still very crowded and hot and my Starbucks boost had about run out.

Time to bid farewell to Rocking my Disney Side. I was quite happy to have made it as late as I did, the latest yet for me at a 24 hour event.

So, she had her fun and left at 2 am.  At 2 am, regular slobs like me were in those long lines that she tsked tsked about.  So she left happy.  What a clueless old idiot she is.  How happy does she think guests were in those four hour lines?

Going back even further, I see she was at the Monstrous Summer 24 hour event the year before. She got the VIP treatment again- arriving before the poor slobs who paid for their tickets, and getting a prime spot for the opening show:  http://land.allears.net/blogs/debwills/2013/05/monstrous_summer_allnighter.html

She must be too busy enjoying all the Disney butt kissing she receives to read the comments on her own blog, like these, posted after her glowing review of the Monstrous Summer event:

This was the worst experience I've ever had at the magic kingdom. My husband and three kids were stuck in gridlock following the fireworks. It was kind of scary. Main street was packed with people pushing and shoving without getting anywhere for about a half hour. People could have been trampled and worse if a health or other emergency occurred. Disney needs to better plan for these events by controlling the traffic better or limiting the number of people coming in until the crowds disperse after wishes.

And, here's another:

Me and my family are passholders and we got there around 9:30 at night. The crowd on Main St was like being in the middle of a riot. We had 2 children riding in a stroller ages 4 and 1. Our 1 year old became so terrified at one point do to the rude people that kept trying to walk over the stroller my wife had to take him out and walk ahead as best she could while me and my daughter continued to fight the crowd. The crowd control was very poor and extremely dangerous. I read stories on the WDW Facebook pages of similar stories including people getting in fights and one lady fainting on Main St. We lasted less than 2 hours before we decided to leave. The crowd on Main St was still out of control but they decided to open up the gates and let people exit behind the buildings on Main St.

And yet another:

Disney was clearly not prepared for the influx of guests coming into the park while guests were leaving. You'd think a park such as Disney would've thought about this ahead of time.

And still one more:

I went with a friend and my husband! We got there around 10pm and made it until around 3am because my husband had to go to work today. We arrived in the park just as Wishes was starting.. and after that was CHAOS! tons of people moving in + tons of people trying to leave = a whole lot of not moving! Once that crazyness cleared the rest of the park was nice although a bit humid. They sold out of tshirts quite early but I was able to get one from disneystore.com this morning!

There were only five comments to her blog article, and four of them were negative.  I was there, and those complaints are valid.

I don't see anything on her blog about last year's DHS Villains event, which was worse than anything that I experienced at the three 24 hour events I've attended.

So, that's why I have to laugh at the old Disney lackey complaining about this latest fiasco.  It looks like she didn't get the VIP treatment, and she finally found out what it's like to be a regular guest at one of these over-hyped events.  If she had attended any of the previous fiascos I've witnessed as a regular guest, she would have the perspective to know that this one that she thinks was so awful is far from the worst pile of garbage Disney has subjected its guests to.  In my opinion, she's a spoiled old woman, and I'd love to see Disney yank her VIP credentials for badmouthing this latest Villains event.  What an ingrate.

And one more thing- I'll bet you've never been to a "sold-out" MNSSHP.  I have.  Those aren't very magical either.  Disney screws those up too.

TCD