Our next trip for aour medical journey begins. We have to travel to Baltimore for my son to have a procedure. We will be there for a week or two. At the least. My son will be admitted for a portion of the first week. We are wondering who has any information on campgrounds close to Johns Hopkins for a motorhome.
At least this time we aren't driving to boston in the winter. Thanks for the info in advanced everyone.you guys were such a big help last time.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please tell your son we don't care whether he's in his chair or not.  It's just such a blessing to meet the people we have been praying for!

http://www.abc2news.com/news/region/baltimore-city/florida-boy-with-rare-condition-gets-help-at-hopkins http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/acreage-10-year-olds-medical

And we will give him lots and lots of candy :)

Our next trip for aour medical journey begins. We have to travel to Baltimore for my son to have a procedure. We will be there for a week or two. At the least. My son will be admitted for a portion of the first week. We are wondering who has any information on campgrounds close to Johns Hopkins for a motorhome.

At least this time we aren't driving to boston in the winter. Thanks for the info in advanced everyone.you guys were such a big help last time.

There is a KOA in Millersville. Right off 97 which would give you easy access to 695. We used to live nearby and checked the campground out once. It was actually pretty nice. I had considered staying there next week when we go visit my sister in Columbia.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like there is much around that area.

There is the Washington, DC Capital KOA,

Then up near Abingdon (Edgewood), there is the Bar Harbor RV Park & Marina

The Washington, DC KOA is the one I was referring to. The actual location is Millersville on the map. It is really closer to Baltimore than DC.

Yvonne, about how far from Columbia is it?

That's one of my work spots, wouldn't mind camping and working if I could :)

Maybe 30 minutes. I'll check for you next week.

You would take 97 to 32 and that would take you right into Columbia. Could be shorter depending on which side of Columbia you are going to.

I live in Abingdon and it takes us about 30-45 minutes to get downtown when there is no traffic, it would be 95 South into the city.  I haven't seen the rv park at Bar Harbor, but it is next to a protected estuary, so it should be quiet.

I found this online:

"My Granddaughter is an employee of Johns Hopkins and when visiting we stayed at Patspaco Valley State Park which is located only a couple of miles from the subway station which takes you right to the front door of the hospital. Just something to consider. There is free parking in the parking garage at the terminal."

My friend Joyce's daughter-in-law is familiar with the Johns Hopkins area. She says it is a very bad area. "If your RV won't fit in the parking garage and you leave it on the street, it won't be there when you wan to leave".

Best of luck.

Yvonne, about how far from Columbia is it?

That's one of my work spots, wouldn't mind camping and working if I could :)

I like Cherry Hill RV Park, which is around 15 miles south of Columbia.  It is right near the junction of I-95 and the 495 beltway on the north side of DC.  Nice location, nice campground with good amenities, and there are grocery stores and restaurants very close by.  

Probably too far from Johns Hopkins to help thegooftroopfla, but might work for you, Carol.

I like Cherry Hill RV Park, which is around 15 miles south of Columbia.  It is right near the junction of I-95 and the 495 beltway on the north side of DC.  Nice location, nice campground with good amenities, and there are grocery stores and restaurants very close by.  

Probably too far from Johns Hopkins to help thegooftroopfla, but might work for you, Carol.

Thanks Dave!

I like Cherry Hill RV Park, which is around 15 miles south of Columbia. It is right near the junction of I-95 and the 495 beltway on the north side of DC. Nice location, nice campground with good amenities, and there are grocery stores and restaurants very close by.

Just remember 95 North and South bound can be a pain in the morning and evening. 15 miles could end up feeling like an eternity.

I enjoy going back for visits, but no way no how could you get me to live there again. Way too congested for me.

Just remember 95 North and South bound can be a pain in the morning and evening. 15 miles could end up feeling like an eternity.

I enjoy going back for visits, but no way no how could you get me to live there again. Way too congested for me.

Tell me about it.  i'm there every 3 weeks lately.  I seem to remember Carol working off hours, so thought maybe it would work.  Plus, Cherry Hill road runs right into Columbia Pike so maybe she could avoid 95 altogether.

Tell me about it.  i'm there every 3 weeks lately.  I seem to remember Carol working off hours, so thought maybe it would work.  Plus, Cherry Hill road runs right into Columbia Pike so maybe she could avoid 95 altogether.

Yeah, if I can pull this together, usually I go in at 7 and get to leave at ??????? (definitely not 5)

Yeah, if I can pull this together, usually I go in at 7 and get to leave at ???? ??? (definitely not 5)

At that hour, all the government workers are asleep.  LOL.  And the early ones that start at 7 are heading south toward DC and you'd be heading north.  At least in theory....but like Yvonne said, 95 can be horrible.  And it can be horrible at any hour.

If you stay on the north side of Balt.( Rambling Pines or Bar Harbor) there is a lot of construction in the area on 95, also watch your speed in the  construction zones they have speed cameras set up and will mail you a nice little present to your home.