Brand new to the site and I have looked through many of the posts and have gotten some information on the loops, but I am still uncertain.  This will be our 1st trip to Fort Wilderness. I did put the app on my phone to look at individual sites, but don't have a good grasp of the park overall. 

We are planning a trip mid April, we have a 40 foot 5th wheel, I don't think we will be bringing any pets.  I think we will be there about 6 nights and plan on about 4 days in the parks and a couple just relaxing.  Our kids will be 17 and 14 at the time.  We like a little seclusion if possible.

I think at this point we are looking at either Premium or Preferred loops.  I know the kids will want to explore the area and hit the pool weather permitting.  We will walk to the transportation sites primarily.

Hopefully you good folks can help point us in the right direction. 

Welcome Jeff&Claudia!!

While I've seen some good sized 5th wheels in the Preferred loops, it might be a bit of a tight squeeze.  And while there are sites long enough, getting into them can be a bit tricky as those loops are older, smaller and the angles of the road to the sites along with all the trees can make backing in a challenge.  Premium loops are generally much wider and more open,  meant to accommodate bigger rigs.

We stay in 300 (Preferred Pet) a lot and like the few sites about halfway around the outside that back up to bushes or the canal.  It's fairly quiet, but you're still a relatively short walk to the Settlement/marina.

For a good overview of the Fort as a whole, and if you haven't already, take a peek at the Google Earth project or the loop videos that Fiends have done.  You can find links to them on this page...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from our first trip to FW, I gave up trying to pick a loop...we arrived about 1 in the morning and they gave us site 1422. I didn't have a problem backing in but if you don't have much experience backing it would have been a nightmare, the site was situated fine but the road is so tight and everyone's vehicles are borderline in the road.

After day lite came we realized we wanted to move, they have us a list of several sites to look at. We picked 1017, loved the site and the location of the loop, right across from the meadows store and pool. The site was extremely long, my TT is 37' total length and I still had lots and lots of room to park my truck without even being close to the road.

When we go back I will be requesting that loop and I have several site numbers I will request. 1004 and 1005 is a definite will NOT stay in, the path to the CS goes between them and the sites are right up to the walkway, I felt awkward walking that close to someone's RV and awning.

Something to think about is where your utility connections are. 1017 was all at the very front of the site. I used every bit of my power cord....

Only one loop is close to all pools, the Marina, the Settlement, the movie and the Outpost bus stop, as well as offering the widest , longest and most secluded sites. That would be the 3000 loop. We also offer concierge service, maid service for your RV, and nightly turn down service that includes a bedtime story and a kiss on the forehead. Reservations only thru me. Cash deposit required.

Only one loop is close to all pools, the Marina, the Settlement, the movie and the Outpost bus stop, as well as offering the widest , longest and most secluded sites. That would be the 3000 loop. We also offer concierge service, maid service for your RV, and nightly turn down service that includes a bedtime story and a kiss on the forehead. Reservations only thru me. Cash deposit required.

Ok when did you add the kiss on the forehead?  I didn't get one last time I stayed in 3000.

I want my $2,995.45 back!

• 2 weeks later...

We are partial to 1700. We have a 24' hybrid, folded out it's about 31'. While it's a little further from all the perks I like the 1700 loop because the sites are roomy and we aren't on top of our neighbors. For me space is a big deal. Some people prefer the big concrete pads but since we have a large carpet it's a non-issue for us. 

We just stayed in 1700 loop last week 25-30 and really liked the space around the sites. Definitely not right on top of your neighbors. We don't usually rent a golf cart so we try to get a premium loop1400 so we can bike to everything. I did however call tee time yesterday and booked a cart for our September trip.

• 11 months later...