25 Years to Life Trip!

I just realized that I missed posting a photo of one of the desserts that was very interesting:

a4ygyvu3.jpg

It looks like an egg on the plate, but it's custard on the bottom with a mango bubble on top. The chef explained that the latest craze in cooking is something called micro-emulsion cooking, the mango liquid is dropped into a solution that creates a "skin" around the mango liquid. It bursts open when you cut it or take a bite.

There is diced mango fruit on a strawberry gel base at the right side of the plate. Very tasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Boots on the ground at MCO! Got a text that the room is ready, can go straight to the 90's bldg, 4th floor! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never claimed to be an expert on anything.  I don't know much about beer, heck, I don't even drink... but someone explain to me why there are all of these empty bottles displayed at EPCOT?    

Awesome food pics Dan! Great family and fiend pics also. One of the beers in your beer pic is Bell's Oberon. Deliciousness in a bottle, brewed here in Michigan. Even better on tap. http://bellsbeer.c

After leaving the restaurant we hurried back to Pop Century to change and catch a bus to meet the kids in the MK. The park was open until 1:00 am and we hoped to catch some rides.

We got to the gate at about 10:00, catching Wishes and working our way around through Tomorrowland while texting the kids. The plan was to go through the Seven dwarves mine train ride standby line to see the interactive queue. Matt texted back to say that the ride was down and they were hanging out in Gaston's Tavern. It had started to drizzle and we met up with them to wait out the showers. We caught up on the details of each other's evening and enjoy the tavern:

yba8a7y5.jpg

We checked outside to find it was still a light rain with no Seven Dwarves Mine Train going. We worked our way to the plaza area to watch the show on the castle with all the projections on the front, then headed for the bus back to Pop.

I call this the "soggy selfie at 11:00pm"

u6evumed.jpg

Today was a low key day at Typhoon Lagoon and then pizza at the room. Resting up for one final push tomorrow before coming home on Thursday.

I agree with John. That meal portion of your TR is going to be hard to top. I just hope my DW doesn't read it.

What a great evening.

Just curious. But what time were you seated and what time did you receive the check?

We were seated in the kitchen at 5:00 and left at about 9:00, maybe 8:45. Nancy received a single red rose and a small loaf of date /nut bread as a parting gift.

Coffee. Time to discuss coffee. I like the new Joffrey's Coffee, but Pop Century staff have been getting behind in brewing the liquid gold. Three times yesterday the pots were empty, staff were not aware of it and there were no pots brewing. They have at least eight brew stations and more than twenty carafe/pots, there should always be one ready to brew. The stuff will not burn.

Rant over....

Coffee. Time to discuss coffee. I like the new Joffrey's Coffee, but Pop Century staff have been getting behind in brewing the liquid gold. Three times yesterday the pots were empty, staff were not aware of it and there were no pots brewing. They have at least eight brew stations and more than twenty carafe/pots, there should always be one ready to brew. The stuff will not burn. Rant over.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's inexcusable, especially at this time of day.  

We were seated in the kitchen at 5:00 and left at about 9:00, maybe 8:45. Nancy received a single red rose and a small loaf of date /nut bread as a parting gift.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That explains why you had an intermission half way thru your meal. Maybe I could justify the cost by breaking it down by the hour.

Coffee. Time to discuss coffee. I like the new Joffrey's Coffee, but Pop Century staff have been getting behind in brewing the liquid gold. Three times yesterday the pots were empty, staff were not aware of it and there were no pots brewing. They have at least eight brew stations and more than twenty carafe/pots, there should always be one ready to brew. The stuff will not burn. Rant over.... Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't say that we didn't see that one coming.

An empty carafe is better than a full one with yesterday's coffee in it, as I once found at Trail's End.

But, I do agree that Joffrey's is less awful than Nescafe.

Also, I couldn't help but notice how beat up and dirty some of the big carafes are looking these days when I was at Art of Animation a couple of weeks ago.   Not very magical.

TCD

Hmmm ... I don't know about that.  If you have barbecue in the south, doesn't it need to be barbecue slaw instead of coleslaw?  At least in Lexington it does.

Gwen, you are 100% absolutely correct about this....  In fact, for Father's Day, I got a pound of Stamey's Bar-B-Que and a pint of bar-b-q slaw and was one happy man... Now granted, it didn't come from Lexington, but from Greensboro,  but that is about as close as I could come to it....  There are slim pickin's over here in the Raleigh area for "que", well it just SMB... so you have to "make do" with your surroundings... 

One of the beers in your beer pic is Bell's Oberon.

Deliciousness in a bottle, brewed here in Michigan. Even better on tap.

http://bellsbeer.com

Yes, Aaron, thank you.  I knew someone would post the answer to one or both of my two I couldn't figure out.

I am not fortunate enough to have them distribute to my lovely state, but I was fortunate to experience their brews.

Thru deduction, I was able to figure out the other.  It's Napa Smith.

Mission complete.........

Did you say Lexington NORTH Carolina? Lol

Lexington BBQ is on my food bucket list. I think I'd really like. I like vinegar.

Lexington barbecue is smoked over hickory coals for about 18 hours.  The dip is based on vinegar but also contains sugar and lots of spices.  But not all Lexington barbecue is good.  You have to know which restaurant to get it at. 

Gwen, you are 100% absolutely correct about this....  In fact, for Father's Day, I got a pound of Stamey's Bar-B-Que and a pint of bar-b-q slaw and was one happy man... Now granted, it didn't come from Lexington, but from Greensboro,  but that is about as close as I could come to it....  There are slim pickin's over here in the Raleigh area for "que", well it just SMB... so you have to "make do" with your surroundings... 

Maybe we could work out a trade some time ... I could bring you Lexington barbecue and you can take me to Red Robin!

I had lunch at Red Robin in Burlington, NC, today.  A little over an hour from home.  The onion rings (minus of course most of the breading for me) were very good.

I had the Colossus burger minus the bun and broccoli instead of the fries for my side.  The meat was good quality.  But the barbecue sauce was overwhelming.  I could have made a better choice.

The restaurant and the restrooms were very clean.  Kudos to them.

I liked that they had a replica of the Statue of Liberty in the lobby.  Is this a holiday thing?  

We will go back!

Dear Dan,

We will be celebrating our 25th next year. I respectfully request you contact my DH to begin the Anniversary Trip & Vow Renewal training program you will be offering to FFs.

Sincerely,

Happy Camper. ;)