WL guests mingling with Fort guests

Isn't this interesting? The pool at the WL will be closed to guests from Sept. 3 through Nov. 27 and guess where they'll be sent?

You guessed it, to the Fort's pools.

They can opt for CR's pool as well.

Everyone out of the pool, we have to get rid of the ring around the pool before the real guests arrive in Sept.

No, the sign would be allowing Fort guests to use the WL pool.

They did that!  When we stayed at the Fort in 2010, the pool was closed for refurbishment.  We were told we could swim at Wilderness Lodge.

Not only only did we swim there, but this old mom screamed all the way down the slide!  :lol:

No, the sign would be allowing Fort guests to use the WL pool.

They did that!  When we stayed at the Fort in 2010, the pool was closed for refurbishment.  We were told we could swim at Wilderness Lodge.

Not only only did we swim there, but this old mom screamed all the way down the slide!  :lol:

That's not a memory, that's a prophetic dream of the Apocalypse. Realistic, ain't it? ;-)

It will be interesting to see how they handle transportation for this. 

When it was the other way around- and the Fort pool was closed for an extended time when they added the slide, there were no additional bus routes added.  I would guess that the Lodge guests would get better treatment.

Also, I wonder how they will handle the towel situation.  Towels are provided at the Lodge pools. My guess is they will have towels somewhere at the Lodge for guests to take with.  No way are they going to put towels out where us filthy campers might get to them.

My guess is that the majority of Lodge guests will go to the Contemporary Resort anyway.

TCD

I... I wonder how they will handle the towel situation.  Towels are provided at the Lodge pools. My guess is they will have towels somewhere at the Lodge for guests to take with.  No way are they going to put towels out where us filthy campers might get to them.

If they do, and since we've already been spiked, I fully expect to be "toweled" when we're there this fall.  8)

When it was the other way around- and the Fort pool was closed for an extended time when they added the slide, there were no additional bus routes added.  I would guess that the Lodge guests would get better treatment.

There is already a bus to the WL, so why would they need to add bus routes?

The announcement just says that transportation will be provided. It doesn't say if a bus to the CR will be added.

And for guests that feel they are being inconvenienced, waterpark admissions will be provided.

There is already a bus to the WL, so why would they need to add bus routes?

Are the WL guests going to be dumped at the Settlement Bus Stop and then have to wait for one of the internal buses to come?

Or, will they keep the current system and the WL bus will run the Outpost Yellow route?  Will they have to exit at the 1400 loop, and schlep through an actual loop, and around the campfire to get to the pool?  Or will they be directed to the 1500 loop bus stop, which means they would have to endure two internal stops (gasp) before getting to the pool?

Don't you think they'll give them a bus route direct from the Lodge that will deposit them right at the parking area for the Meadow Trading Post, which provides the shortest walk to the pool?

I see no need for a bus to the Contemporary.  The boat drops you right off by the pool.

TCD

No clue, no details on where and how.

Below are the exact quotes from the Advisory and from the Arrival Letter.

"For your convenience, complimentary transportation will be provided to both Resorts."

"Transportation will be provided to these neighboring resorts."

Has there been any kind of announcement as to why the WL pool will be closed for so long?

That's long enough to completely rip out and replace the existing pool. They're not doing that, are they?

TCD

They're referring to it as a refurbishment/enhancement.