I posted this in another thread, but figured it could use some additional visibility...

For those of you that may not know, FortFiends does have a couple of Facebook pages.  A general group one, and one called FortFiends.net. We use them to help promote the FortFiends.net forums/pages, not for actual discussions and info... that all lives here.

Because we know that people's online attention is scattered these days, and not everyone has time to check in here regularly - not to mention we're a chatty bunch and some days there are DOZENS of new posts/threads to catch up on - we try and post info/links on our Facebook pages to here, to help people stay on top of what's going on, even when they're off in other corners of the interwebz.  I know some folks avoid Facebook like the plague (and I can't blame you) but it's especially handy because people get regular notifications through Facebook.

It also helps us attract new people in that may not be aware of us.

So be sure to like our pages if you're "out and about"...

https://www.facebook...f_type=bookmark - where most of the info/links get posted

https://www.facebook...f_type=bookmark

The more people like and share our posts there, the wider the reach we get, and the more new members we find.  :)

I've been mention fortfiends.net on discussions every time they ask for information about the fort. Hope that is ok with you.

Absolutely fine to help promote FF.net and much appreciated!

The only thing I've seen on some other FB pages that I'd say to keep an eye out for is the overall "climate" of the page.  I never want people to feel like the only reason I'm on their page is to drum up business for FortFiends, and I've seen some groups get really bent out of shape when it looks like people are trying to push a particular agenda.

Otherwise, plug away!!!  :)

Thanks for this info, Mo.   I must admit - sometimes it will be weeks between my visits to this site, and I don't always have time to sort through the often chatty threads (you said it first!) to catch up...so I don't.  But my line of work dictates that I'm on Facebook every day, so that will be a great way to keep tabs on Fiend action.   Thanks again.

We are going to try to keep the fortfiends page full of pictures and the fortfiends.net page full of links to the page. There will of course be some intermingling but that will be the focus. We will always welcome Fiend pictures.

We won't post pics from here to FB unless someone specifically gives permission, since not everyone here is on FB.

If Fiends post pics to the FB page, we may (and probably will) share them here.

I should add one caveat to that...

When we link to a FB thread here, FB gives you the opportunity to choose a "preview" image by choosing from a few of the images on that page you're linking to.  So in that sense an image from here may show up as a thumbnail on the FB side along with the thread link.

FYI... the types of threads we're linking to are typically info threads or informative discussions, basically things that would attract the general public to come join us, or as Mike pointed out, letting Fiends on FB know that something interesting has been posted. 

Things like... activities schedule, loop info, general camping info discussions, etc.  We're not typically linking to stuff on the Community Board or any "personal" threads.

...or any threads that discuss cinnamon rolls.  :raspberry:

Generally Jen is the one posting to the Fort Fiends page and I'm handling the FortFiends.net page, although we're both keeping tabs on both. If anyone has any particular concerns about anything being crossposted to FB, please let me or Jen know.

• 1 month later...
It's a video from Chip and Co. called Two Dads Respond to Disney's Frozen.  Below is the code I got from FB to embed the post into a website.  

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<div class="fb-post" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152568640448417" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152568640448417">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/chipandco">Chip and Co.</a></div></div>
  • 2 years later...

Just so you know, I just put some really cool videos from one of our Fiends on the Facebook pages that showcases the Fort Decorations.  If you also did not know, one of our fiends that mainly lurks, Kelly Waldrep (TiggerinBama) won the Most Traditional Site award this year!  Congrats to Kelly and her wonderful work.

Go see the videos, they are cool!

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...