LOOP REQUEST FAX VS PHONE CALL

We have another trip at the Fort planned the week  over New years, lets see what happens then. We stayed in loop 900 in June I am going to try for loop 300 in December!!!! There will probably be weekend trips in between, that is to long to wait for the fort...lol. I keep trying to get the weekend over Halloween but no luck...:(

• 1 month later...

If it is the call center they will make a note on your ressie which will get forwarded over to the Fort. Also online check in let's you put a loop request in.

I would do both. That is what I am doing for my clients and myself. Fax and ressie note over the phone.

Jason did this for us on our recent stay in July.  I also noted my preferences on the online check-in form.  When we arrived, the CM who checked us in confirmed those preferences without my asking.  We got our second choice in our first choice of loops.  

Faxing has worked for me a number of times now.  I send it within a week of arrival.

As for calling, you really never know who will pick up.  They may well be physically at the Fort but still may not know what to do or even what you're talking about.  I have had in-person experiences with CM's in the front office at the Fort that have made me doubt some of the knowledge they possess about the property, rules, policies, etc.  All very friendly folks who want to help, but sometimes can't.  Get most of my answers here!

Anyone ever requested a specific site and gotten it only to find a huge dually parked partly in the street where you needed to back in.  Or found the late night neighbors who partied into the morning next door?  In other words, does it always work out as you expected?

In other words, does it always work out as you expected?

Pretty much.  :)

But then we've requested the same sites for years now because we know how they layout first hand - i.e., no one can be anyone parked across (at least not for long).

As for neighbors, that can happen in any loop/site.  We've been lucky there for the most part.  The few times we've had loud/obnoxious neighbors, it was usually over a weekend and then they were gone.

Anyone ever requested a specific site and gotten it only to find a huge dually parked partly in the street where you needed to back in.  Or found the late night neighbors who partied into the morning next door?  In other words, does it always work out as you expected?

That's a chance you take at any campground, and as Mo said, in any loop at the Fort.  Even your favorite.  

Funny you mention this, we had some inconsiderate neighbors this last stay.  It happens.  But I just try to focus on the fact that I'm in my happy place and I'm not gonna let anyone spoil it for me!  Plus I wandered over to the house phone at the comfort station and reported them:)

Maybe your phone call contributed to your peace of mind...and maybe helped other neighbors who did not make such a call.   We've had a couple of vehicles in our way over the 15 or so years we've been regulars at the Fort, but not enough to make our trip miserable.  We also try to just enjoy our time there.