Pets & Power Outages

We'll be arriving in paradise at the beginning of July & will be bringing our slightly elderly dog w/ us this time.  The concern is if a power failure would occur while we're at the parks.  We've been there enough to know that power failures in the loops are rare, if darn-near non-existent,  but we still have concerns.  We've thought about remote temperature monitors that can be accessed by smartphone but those seem a little expensive. 

Anyone have thoughts on this...???

Is that your set up for Jedi? I've been wanting to ask but didn't want to seem like I was questioning your parenting skills

Yep. Only had to pick up a thermometer have everything else. Plus our ac is analog so if the power blinks out when it comes back the AC should come back as well. Worked at the house when we unplugged the power anyway.

Best Friends. It has always been worth the money for us to have the piece of mind. Especially when the puppies become seniors.

This was a concern to me as well when we began bringing our dog with us to the Fort...  After we bought the Motorhome, I picked up a wireless controller that will automatically start the generator in the event of a power failure and if the temperature reaches a certain limit that I set. 

So if all of these things fail and you are at AK, how fast could you get back to the RV to take care of the puppies? How fast would the temp in your RV hit dangerous levels in the Florida summer?