Polly Luna wakes up! A classic RV build story

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Polly Luna has always had nice lines and now they're even nicer.   The color combination is one of my favorites. Here's one of my creations, notice anything.  

Meet the newest member of our family, Polly Luna, a 1967 Dodge Travco motorhome.       We've always been big fans of vintage vehicles, and before our kids were born we camped in a 1972 VW Contempo ca

Before I dive into this one, I just have to warn you that I might turn up the cheese a bit in the next two updates. A bit more than usual, that is.   We've been working so hard on Polly Luna. Practica

And I can't wait to hear what the supersecret  color will be.  :)

I'll give you a hint! Since Polly Luna is a Dodge product, we are picking an official Dodge color from the late fifties/early sixties. It goes really well with our theme! 

The golf cart (yet to be named) will be painted to match. In fact, we'll paint the cart first since it's our guinea pig.

You know, since we've never painted a car before and have absolutely no idea what we are doing. But hey, that's what YouTube is for, right?  We'll be experts in no time!  :laugh:  

The golf cart (yet to be named) will be painted to match. In fact, we'll paint the cart first since it's our guinea pig.

I can totally appreciate wanting some practice before tackling the big project.

We're gearing up for a total bath renovation we plan to do ourselves.  Last weekend DH asked if I minded if we started by doing the 1/2 bath first for practice.  8)

I have been reading along from the beginning and wanted to tell you that you guys are doing an awesome job!  I'm not sure that I would have the appetite to tackle a job such as this, but am really enjoying seeing and experiencing it through your eyes and hands!

Now break time is over, GET BACK TO WORK!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like you are making good progress on your renovation. Kudos!

I really like the look of that camper, inside and out... it hits me on the vintage sweet spot. DW is all about tiny houses right now, and in that size range I keep thinking MH... so maybe something like this would be a good compromise for us. ;)