Polly Luna wakes up! A classic RV build story

That SMB. Sorry to hear about the troubles on her maiden voyage.

There are several sponsors on this site that rent RVs. And it might be less expensive then renting and driving it down and back to the Fort. When I looked into renting one here, in oklahoma, and driving it down the mileage charge was ridiculous. I don't remember how many you were allowed per day but it wasn't much.

If you are on tHe road and have limited internet I could contact the three different sponsors and see what's if anything they might have available for y'all.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Polly Luna has always had nice lines and now they're even nicer.   The color combination is one of my favorites. Here's one of my creations, notice anything.  

Meet the newest member of our family, Polly Luna, a 1967 Dodge Travco motorhome.       We've always been big fans of vintage vehicles, and before our kids were born we camped in a 1972 VW Contempo ca

Before I dive into this one, I just have to warn you that I might turn up the cheese a bit in the next two updates. A bit more than usual, that is.   We've been working so hard on Polly Luna. Practica

Ray, I would definitely consider flying in a renting from a sponsor. We've actually done that before. :) I'm just worried about availability so late in the game.

I'm assuming you've already got a site reserved so it's just a matter if calling them with your dates and checking to see what they have available.

I can check for you if you wish. Just give me the info about your rezzie.

We made it back home safely. After some troubleshooting we can say that the issue was absolutely caused by crud in the gas tank. Once the crud settled, Polly was running smoothly again. She is so comfy to ride in, I can't wait till we can do an actual trip in her. :)

We're just hanging out at home today and tomorrow and we're going to fly into MCO on Wednesday. Working on renting a camper so that I don't have to let go of my reservation at the Fort. We'll make this happen somehow. :)

We made it back home safely. After some troubleshooting we can say that the issue was absolutely caused by crud in the gas tank. Once the crud settled, Polly was running smoothly again. She is so comfy to ride in, I can't wait till we can do an actual trip in her. :)

We're just hanging out at home today and tomorrow and we're going to fly into MCO on Wednesday. Working on renting a camper so that I don't have to let go of my reservation at the Fort. We'll make this happen somehow. :)

Glad you're home safe and that you're still heading to the Fort!  Have a wonderfully MAGICAL time! :)

Wanted to post up a photo of the fill up just before we hit the road on the ill-fated journey.  Isn't she pretty? Can't wait to camp in her next spring. 

10484110_831441310211412_367294019148730

Also, an update... Donnie came through for us with a camper, so the trip is 100% still on. One more reason to love this place. :)

Wanted to post up a photo of the fill up just before we hit the road on the ill-fated journey.  Isn't she pretty? Can't wait to camp in her next spring. 

Also, an update... Donnie came through for us with a camper, so the trip is 100% still on. One more reason to love this place. :)

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wanted to post up a photo of the fill up just before we hit the road on the ill-fated journey. Isn't she pretty? Can't wait to camp in her next spring.

AWESOME news! See ya real soon!!

And Polly is gorgeous. :)

Yes... SHE IS PRETTY!  You all have done an amazing job :)   So happy to hear that you've got a rental!  Enjoy your trip :)

She is beautiful!  Thanks for the photo.

YAY Donnie! 

Safe travels to you all.