Various Alaska Cruise Lines

I've read through several of the threads on here regarding Alaska cruises, and am looking for first hand input from those who have cruised to Alaska on more than one cruise line.  If you have cruised Alaska on two or more different lines can you give your opinions on pros and cons of each?  Which would you recommend, and are there any you would not recommend?  

As we found when booking our RCCL cruise for last month, Disney is double the price of RCCL and NCL.  I now have first hand experience with RCCL and with Disney, but no others.  I hope to do an Alaska Disney cruise someday....not sure it will be with all the kids though and the need for 2 cabins....when the cost would equal a year of college tuition and room/board at a state college.  That seems a bit crazy....so if we go it would likely be non-DCL.  

Advice?  

The only Alaska cruise I have ever been on was this one. It was back in 1976 so, I have some memories, but not too many.

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/

I would love to go back, but can't make up my mind between a cruise or flying in and doing a road trip. Of course I would need to get Steve on board with the idea first.

DIT: I don't meet your criteria; but, my brother and sister-in-law along with their daughter and her family take the Holland America Alaska cruises every two to three years. The kids are now about 12 and 14. They add ground excursions to Fairbanks and Denali onto one end or the other depending on where they start. This year they flew to Fairbanks, stopped in Denali for several days, and ended up in Seward where they joined the cruise. One of the reasons they like Holland America is because the ships are smaller and can make it into areas where the larger ones can't. Their high reccommendation of Holland America was why Joyce and I selected them for our Canadian Maritimes cruise last year.

The only Alaska cruise I have ever been on was this one. It was back in 1976 so, I have some memories, but not too many.

http://www.dot.state.ak.us/amhs/

I would love to go back, but can't make up my mind between a cruise or flying in and doing a road trip. Of course I would need to get Steve on board with the idea first.

Wow, I had no idea that existed!

DIT: I don't meet your criteria; but, my brother and sister-in-law along with their daughter and her family take the Holland America Alaska cruises every two to three years. The kids are now about 12 and 14. They add ground excursions to Fairbanks and Denali onto one end or the other depending on where they start. This year they flew to Fairbanks, stopped in Denali for several days, and ended up in Seward where they joined the cruise. One of the reasons they like Holland America is because the ships are smaller and can make it into areas where the larger ones can't. Their high reccommendation of Holland America was why Joyce and I selected them for our Canadian Maritimes cruise last year.

I hadn't considered Holland America.  Will look into it.  Thanks!  

I just checked with my sister-in-law about the kids clubs. She said there are two age groups for the cruises they have been on - up to 12 and over 12. She said the younger boy spent every minute he could in the club. This year the older girl (who is on the shy side) didn't spend much time there because she was happier spending her days with her grandparents.

My sister and her family just did an 11 day (? I think) cruise there with Norwegian.  They loved Alaska and were OK with the cruise line.  They said it was clean but didn't offer a lot they were interested in. She said the food got really boring after a while (not enough variety). They were glad to be off on excursions most days.  They flew to Seattle to board and were dropped off in Vancouver.  They took a day to explore on their own there and then flew home.