camping story books for kids

We check out a ton of books from our library and have come across some cute stories about camping for kids. Just thought I would share the titles as we find them incase other little fiends would enjoy them.

A Camping Spree With Mr. Magee by Chris Van Dusen

Curious George goes Camping

Stella's Starliner by Rosemary Wells

I will have to look for that book. We have a good county system but their on line catalogue stinks for searching for books. We either go to the new arrivals and pick from there or pick a random spot and just start picking but when Adam decides he wants stories about something is easier for me to google than look in the library's catalogue.

• 2 years later...

Our son loved "A Camping Spree with Mr. Magee", which we got a year or two ago after reading this post, thanks Beckers!

We did have to let him know that our camper won't roll away though  ;)

I just ordered "Goodnight Campsite" too, thanks for the link!

• 3 weeks later...

I've just ordered a couple  of these for our trip in a few weeks. My youngest is a bit nervous about camping so will hopefully help. A lot of the ones mentioned here focus more on RVs than tents though, I did suggest that we'd just have to get a camper to go with the book, DW wasn't impressed.