Which resort for Food and Wine?

Since I have to get the expiration date corrected on my AP (ha ha, JK), my friend and I are going to meet up at Food and Wine at the end of October. Which resort should we choose? Basically, we plan to sleep in and go to Epcot on Friday and Saturday. 

We could stay at the Values super cheap, but are not leaning that way since we'll be kid free.

We could stay at the Dolphin for about $220 a night, but there's a resort fee, parking, and no ME (which I'd ride; she'd be driving and could pick me up). I think it brings that to about $250 a night. 

Or we could stay at any of the moderates for about $190 a night. I was mainly considering Caribbean Beach because it's an Epcot resort, but not sure how much the bus time differs... LOU? TJ?

So what should we do? 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Technically, you are a pot stirring idiot.  Let's keep it straight.  

Chill out Larry Junior. I guess I should have quoted your post so everyone could see what you went back and changed after my post. TCD

No-no.  No.  No.   So excited, I pushed Kelly's trip up a month. :D

We stayed at the Yacht Club the last time we were there for the F&W and it was awesome! I know it's more than what you are looking at but it might be worth it for such a short stay. Especially if you get weather like we did and it rain the whole time. It was really nice to be able to literally run back to the room. Whatever you decide I'm jealous I love the F&W.

Good luck!

WBI

We stayed at the Yacht Club the last time we were there for the F&W and it was awesome! I know it's more than what you are looking at but it might be worth it for such a short stay. Especially if you get weather like we did and it rain the whole time. It was really nice to be able to literally run back to the room. Whatever you decide I'm jealous I love the F&W.

Good luck!

WBI

It's sold out. The Boardwalk Inn is available, but it's $420 a night. I can't swing it with a plane ticket since this is a "bonus trip." 

Can't you also walk from the Dolphin? 

Personally, for F&W I'd want to be in one of the 5 resorts within walking distance of the WS gate.  In order of my preference, they would be:

1.  Yacht Club

2.  Beach Club

3.  Boardwalk

4.  Swan  

5.  Dolphin

4 and 5 are interchangeable.  

The convenience of walking out of your resort straight into the World Showcase is worth the price, especially for just a couple nights if you can swing the expense.  

Having said that, $420/nt at the BW is nuts.  If the Swalphin doesn't work, go with a Mod that's fairly close.  Either way you are still at Disney.  

Personally, for F&W I'd want to be in one of the 5 resorts within walking distance of the WS gate.  In order of my preference, they would be:

1.  Yacht Club

2.  Beach Club

3.  Boardwalk

4.  Swan  

5.  Dolphin

4 and 5 are interchangeable.  

The convenience of walking out of your resort straight into the World Showcase is worth the price, especially for just a couple nights if you can swing the expense.  

Having said that, $420/nt at the BW is nuts.  If the Swalphin doesn't work, go with a Mod that's fairly close.  Either way you are still at Disney.  

1 and 2 aren't available. I can't afford 3. Weirdly, there's a huge price difference between the Dolphin and Swan. That's why I said Dolphin. I'm trying to figure out if the Dolphin is worth $300 for the stay and no Magical Express over a Disney moderate. 

Save your money. It's not like you're going to walk back and forth to your room.

The Caribbean Beach Resort bus system SMB.

Go with Port Orleans Riverside. It's really close to Epcot.

Or save even more money and get a value room. You're not going to be in your room much.

TCD

TCD is posting at 9:30 at night. This is serious.

That sounds like good advice. Is Riverside the one with BYO pasta?