Which resort for Food and Wine?

As long as you based your decision on the resort and not the bus situation, good choice. 

I also realize that you selected POR, but just some things to keep in mind for the future, and this only applies to the Epcot buses. It does differ for other parks.

Resorts do not have their own dedicated bus system.  POR and CBR use the same buses and same drivers dispatched from the same place. So even after having gone to both resorts hundreds and hundreds of times, I still couldn't say that one has noticeably better bus service than the other.

Even though POR is geographically closer than the CBR to Epcot, there's only about a minute difference in drive time and a little over 1.5 miles in distance after leaving the resort. Not enough of a factor to base a decision on.

POR has 5 stops, CBR has 7, but it takes about the same amount of time to get around due to the distance between stops.

I seldom had to call in a full bus from the CBR, but in the AM, it was a regular occurrence from the South Depot at Riverside.

Coming back at closing time, the POR is so busy that they have to split it up so that Riverside and FQ have separate bus stops, but it's still busy. CBR does not.

The CBR has an internal bus, POR does not.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Technically, you are a pot stirring idiot.  Let's keep it straight.  

Chill out Larry Junior. I guess I should have quoted your post so everyone could see what you went back and changed after my post. TCD

No-no.  No.  No.   So excited, I pushed Kelly's trip up a month. :D

The soon to be ex bus driver is entitled to his opinion, but as someone who has been a paying guest at both resorts, I'm sticking with my statement that the Caribbean Beach Resort's bus system SMB. Six stops vs 4 makes a huge difference. And the internal bus takes forever. The resort is too big and too spread out.

TCD

Which one of those statements was an opinion?

What's the fact that you were a paying guest got to do with anything? I've also stayed at both resorts more than once and even paid full price. It's irrelevant.

I've been the CBR internal bus driver a number of times, so I know exactly how long it takes to get around, and I wouldn't say it took forever.

And it's 7 vs 5 stops.

All multi stop resorts are big and spread out.

Your original post said there were four bus stops at POR and six at CBR.

Remember?

TCD

If you're saying that after you posted, I revised 6 and 4 to 7 and 5, then you ether misread it or I'm lying about not revising the post. It has to be one or the other.

This is intense. Maybe I should just stay at the Dolphin. 

POR is a good choice, but if someone wanted to save a few dollars, so would the CBR.

And if you selected the Dolphin, you'd be fine with that too. I have nothing negative to say about any of them.

I would love to see you too! What are you doing on the 26th? 

My Spreadsheet says I will be trying to make rope drop at AK for EMH.  We plan to stay there until early afternoon, then hop to DHS for the rest of the day.  Hopefully, I will not be doing this all day.   :panic: