New Disney Cruise Line Infant Age Limit Policy

Effective July 18, 2014, for all new bookings for sailings commencing after Jan. 1, 2015, the minimum age to sail aboard the Disney Cruise Line ships will increase from 12 weeks to 6 months of age on most itineraries. The minimum age for Transatlantic, Hawai'i and Panama Canal itineraries will increase to 1 year of age. This change is consistent with the age restrictions of others in the cruise industry.

Guests with existing reservations to sail in 2015 with a child between the ages of 12 weeks and 1 year will be allowed to sail on their existing reservations. After July 18, 2014, all new bookings for 2015 sailings must comply with the new age limits.

Pregnancy limits... here is how naive I am.  I do NOT like boats.  The boat to the MK is fine....but the idea of being on a ship, where I cannot see the land, terrifies me.  Anyway... my husband really wanted to go on a cruise, so I agreed to try a short (3 night I think it was) Disney cruise as I figured that 1) most of the travel was at night so maybe I could sleep through the terror ;)  and 2) it's Disney...if anyone was going to get me past my fear, it was to going to be Disney :)

So... we booked a trip and then found out that miracle baby #2 was on his way.  The kicker?  Because I don't like boats, and therefor have not been on a cruise, I had not even factored in the "pregnancy limit".  Praise God that I was talking to a gal at church about our cruise, because she set me straight.  Honest to goodness, I had every plan to still go on the cruise... at 34 weeks pregnant.  Had no idea that they would have turned me around with a  "thank you, but I don't think so".  

Needless to say, we took our beautiful daughter (aka miracle baby  #1) and my big baby belly, to WDW instead.  Lucky for us, the airlines didn't blink an eye at my pregnancy so we didn't have to make the 8 hour drive :)