Has anyone been to this place?

How many of you know about the Disney Wilderness Preserve?

The Disney Wilderness Preserve is a 12,000-acre sanctuary that is not located on WDW property. It is owned and managed by the Nature Conservancy which has been restoring the land for the past 15 years.

Disney provided the property as a trade-off that allowed it to expand on wetlands near its theme parks, providing room for more than 300 wildlife species, including 16 that are endangered or threatened. It's a great place for a 2.5-mile hike for anyone looking for a little exercise in the great outdoors.  bus.gif

Contact phone number, (407) 935-0002

"When the Disney Channel was worth watching." You said a mouthful there. I remember really looking forward to watching Walt on his Sunday night show. It was a show the whole family could watch and enjoy. Now it seems to cater only to 12 yr olds with really terrible programming. Bring back the old type shows, I say.      :rofl2:

Hey, in my snarky voice, how did we get from the Disney Wildlife Preserve to the crappy Disney channel?

We watched all the time too. And when my kids were young they had awesome shows co all age groups. That was back when it was a pay channel. They even had movies on every afternoon. And vault Disney at 11p.m. every night. Now it just stinks.

I think it was 2 years ago FWGirl and I took the drive over to the preserve.  I liked it, she didn't.  If you are expecting beautiful wooden walkways, souvenier stands selling Disney plush and turkey leg vendors, you will be disappointed.  If you want to see what Florida looked like prior to all the development, then you are in for a treat.  Bring lots of bug repellant and your camera.  About halfway you end up at a beautiful lake.  I was hoping to see a gator, but no such luck.  It is very under-visited.  There was one guy working there when we went.  Quite a few people stopped, but very few stayed and even fewer took the full hike like we did.  Would I do it again?  Probably not, unless my son was with me and he wanted to go.  That being said, it is worth seeing once.