Pets in a Non-Pet Loop

I am new around here and am quite certain that I am reaching my question quota...BUT...

We travel with our dog, Daisy, who weighs 5+nothing and let's face it barely counts as a whole dog and while she is insane, we love her anyway.  I have been reading some post that indicate that sometimes folks with pets are placed in non-pet loops; we were, in fact, place in a non-pet loop on our last trip, despite requesting a pet loop.

SO, my question is, can you request a site in a non-pet loop even if you have a pet? Any experience with such requests? We have a preferred site booked for Thanksgiving (still hoping to find an upgrade by some miracle), and my preference would be to stay in the 100 loop, but I think it is a non-pet loop.

Suggestions and advice appreicated!

post-10164-0-63102800-1406731913_thumb.j

Since people stay in non-pet loops for various reasons, I think it's best to request sites in a pet loop.

I think you are right about requesting...I certainly don't want to bug people...

We've been placed in non-pet loops in 2 of our last 3 trips despite indicating that we had a pet and paying the fee. ::)

I am new around here and am quite certain that I am reaching my question quota...BUT...

No such thing.  Have you seen some people's posts counts?  :rofl2:

As for your pup... I would say book/request the site level/type you need, in this case a pet loop. 

And yes you're right, 100 and 200 are not pet loops.  300 is the only Preferred Pet.

There are folks that request non-pet loops for different reasons - everything from allergies, to fear of dogs, to... you name it.  They get annoyed enough when people with pets are assigned there, even legitimately by Disney.  Yes there's a chance Disney may still plunk you in 100 or 200 anyway, but in the interest of consideration for the people that aren't looking to camp with other people's pets, I wouldn't push it.

Just my 2 cents.

This is going to sound like there's an obvious answer but, is there such a thing as non-pet loop?

If there is, and it's published by Disney, will someone post it.

The agreement that they make those who disclose they have a pet sign makes reference to pet loops:

petagreement_zpsffaf0ebe.jpg

But, there is nothing in the current printed materials given to guests at check in or on the website that differentiates between pet and non-pet loops.

It's kind of hard to enforce rules when no one knows what they are.

TCD

The agreement that they make those who disclose they have a pet sign makes reference to pet loops:

But, there is nothing in the current printed materials given to guests at check in or on the website that differentiates between pet and non-pet loops.

TCD

I'm aware of that sheet and I know they say elsewhere that there are pet loops or pet friendly loops, but is there anything that specifically says that there are non-pet loops or non pet friendly loops?

petagreement_zpsffaf0ebe.jpg

TCD

Pet agreement? Is this something that people sign upon check in? I have never been given one of these, but we always disclose that we have a pet and pay the $5 a night fee. Interesting... ???

Pet agreement? Is this something that people sign upon check in?

Supposed to be, but you know how that goes.

I have never been given one of these

I'm shocked.

The Front Desk CMs are so efficient and consistent. And every one of them is an experienced Fort CM that has been working there forever.

So as no one has produced anything that officially says that non-pet loops exist, pet owners are free to request any loop they want.

Technically true, however I'll pose this opinion (and that's all it is)...

While it may not be officially noted anywhere, it's been widely known for a very long time now which loops are generally considered "pet loops" - they're the ones where Disney has gone to the trouble of posting bag dispensers. It's even been noted on official Disney maps. 

Because of that, people who specifically do not want to camp with pets (for whatever reason) have had the option to request loops not designated as such.  Yes on occasion Disney has put pets in those loops too, but people can generally expect there to not be a lot of pets in these other loops.

If Disney wants to make a change and say "ok kids, there are no more designated pet loops, have at it" (and I am NOT starting that debate here) that's fine, as it then sets a reasonable expectation for guests.  But until then, the expectation is still that there are pet and non-pet loops and personally, I think people should respect that just out of consideration for their fellow campers.

And yes, I'm saying that as someone that camps with 3 dogs that are nearly as crazy as I am.  8)

For all you "Fruit Loops" in the "Pet Loops".... :rofl2:

:rofl3:

it's been widely known for a very long time now which loops are generally considered "pet loops"

Widely known by those that have stayed at the Fort previously, but for those that are new to the Fort, I don't see where that is mentioned before they arrive.

The latest map on MDE doesn't make the distinction between pet loops and regular loops.

Yes on occasion Disney has put pets in those loops too,

I wouldn't say it's on occasion, it's on a regular basis whenever it's busy.

but people can generally expect there to not be a lot of pets in these other loops.

Where does that expectation come from? I really don't know.

If Disney wants to make a change and say "ok kids, there are no more designated pet loops, have at it

The rez system I use doesn't ask about pets. Do they ask elsewhere?

If Disney wants to make a change and say "ok kids, there are no more designated pet loops, have at it, that's fine, as it then sets a reasonable expectation for guests.

But until then, the expectation is still that there are pet and non-pet loops and personally

As a practical matter, I think they already have.

You and I know that when the Fort is busy, they'll put campers anywhere. 

They will never turn away someone with a pet even if the so called pet loops are full. It's business.

Not having done that much camping or RVing, what do other campgrounds do. Do most campgrounds have pet and non-pet sites?

There is no current Disney document, afaik, that lists "designated pet" loops, but pets are permitted, so to the public there is no reason to assume that any particular loop is not pet-friendly. That is, of course, until they put you in a loop with signs at its perimeter saying "no pets beyond this point". Why should guests care more about the "rules" than the management does? Request what you want, no one can expect you to be steeped in Fort history and to hold to classic loop designations.

Widely known by those that have stayed at the Fort previously, but for those that are new to the Fort, I don't see where that is mentioned before they arrive.

The latest map on MDE doesn't make the distinction between pet loops and regular loops.

If you do a search online you'll get dozens of sites that will give you the list of pet sites at the Fort.  Are they official Disney sites? No, but all that information came from Disney at one point, and is now part of the guest expectation, as Disney isn't refuting it  .  I don't have documented evidence, but when we first camped at the Fort in 2004 we were told we would be assigned to a pet loop, and there were far fewer then.  This was before I'd been on any message board so we didn't know anything about pet loops or non pet loops.

The rez system I use doesn't ask about pets. Do they ask elsewhere?

Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, I believe that it used to.  I do know I have been asked when I've called to make a reservation.

As a practical matter, I think they already have.

You and I know that when the Fort is busy, they'll put campers anywhere. 

They will never turn away someone with a pet even if the so called pet loops are full. It's business.

I know they will and I know they won't turn someone away.  What I'm saying is that why not respect the people who we know expect to be in non-pet loop by requesting one if you have a pet?  And yet, I'm partly just playing devil's advocate here.  :)

Here's my reasoning... there are plenty of pet loops these days, including ALL of the full hookup sites.  Far more than there used to be even 10 years ago.  Personally I don't want to see bigger restrictions on pets at the Fort because the non-pet people are pissed off and vocal about what they perceive as the pets taking over the Fort, or because some pet people are given an inch and take a mile (which already happens).  

I just don't see the point in asking for trouble when pet people already have plenty of perfectly good loops to pick from. As it is already, if you complain about someone else's dog barking all day long, they offer to move you instead of enforcing the agreement pet people (are supposed to) sign when they check in that says that you can be asked to kennel your dog if they're disturbing others. 

As for other campgrounds, here's where Disney is also shooting themselves in the foot.  At least in this part of the world, there's no such thing as "pet sites."  A campground either allows them or doesn't, and those that do often have restrictions on number of dogs, size, where they're allowed, etc.

Disney set themselves up for issues by creating pet/non pet loops in the first place, and then expanding the number of pet loops, and then randomly putting pet people any ol' place.  In the process, they took any information they had on where pets were allowed at the Fort and just removed it from the website and other official sources, and yet leaving up "no pet" signs that aren't enforced, just making it a big, vague mess. Once again they've created a problem that didn't need to exist just by not being clear about their policies and/or enforcing them.