That was interesting.  And so were the comments.  Looking forward to reading ideas from other fiends.

No children here but always cringe when I see some of the super tiny babies (very young-like days or weeks old)  being taken to WDW or anywhere in public.  To me some look like they stopped on the way home from the hospital.

Isn't there a time frame when babies should be kept away from germs? 

Have done MK with godsons when they were young enough to be in the strollers, about a year old.  Do you remember the Disney strollers from long ago...they could be stretched out and even a fairly long toddler could get a good nap.  But I can't see them being used in the parks today, they took up too much room.  And if your ankle got hit by one of those, OUCH!

No children here but always cringe when I see some of the super tiny babies (very young-like days or weeks old) being taken to WDW or anywhere in public. To me some look like they stopped on the way home from the hospital.

Isn't there a time frame when babies should be kept away from germs?

That always boggled my mind. There always seems to be a few that made me wonder if they still had their hospital bracelets on lol! I don't know how they do it. Disney is draining on a normal day I can't imagine just giving birth and going.

I did take the baby to Disney on ice when she was about 8 weeks old. Probably not the smartest move but I wore her so no one could touch her and she slept the whole time.

I did once give birth on Monday and brought the baby to church that Sunday.  But a theme park?  No way.

I would take a six month old if I had older kids and they would enjoy it.  

And I do hope to someday be the grandmother sitting with the baby while my kids have the other grands on a ride.

Yeah, never brought an infant to Disney or any other theme park. I took my babies out when they were little but I always wore them and was a big "please keep your hands off my baby" type. 

And I like Marty looks forward to the way in the future day when I hold a baby on my lap while everyone else rides. 

I would say that is a pretty good article.  I have not gone on an airplane since having kids so nothing to add there.

We did take both boys to WDW as infants, but not on big trips.  Our oldest first went at 7 months.  That was back when you could keep days on your ticket for later trips without paying through the nose.  We had one day left and met our in-laws in Kisimmee for night on the way down to their house for Thanksgiving in South Florida.  I carried waaaaay too much stuff for him.  His diaper bag was bigger than he was.  We rented a stroller and used it to haul the bag and let him nap in it.  I don't think we stayed a whole day.   

Our youngest went at 7 weeks.  I know.  Really early.  Again, we met our in-laws on the way down spring break and had annual passes.  Little one only went in the park for about a half day and was in a carrier the whole time.  The rest of the time we were in town he stayed at the hotel with the grands so we could take big 3 year old brother for some park time with mommy and daddy. 

It can be done if you use sunscreen, keep things around them clean, and don't try to make it a commando Disney kind of trip.  I definitely would not do it for a family's first Disney trip ever.  The baby care centers are amazing.  It was very nice to have a place to feed them (whether nursing or needing a high chair with less traffic around you) and change them more privately. 

I guess I get some "Mo" AKA crazy points here. 

I brought Z to Disney when he was 4 months old, but he was 9 weeks early, so he was tiny. I had a conference that was mandatory and couldn't leave him at home. Jason came too and kept him when I was in meetings. We went to the MK one day and ate at Chef Mickey's. We also took him to the pool at the Contemporary in the evening. 

He was easy, slept a lot. In case you are wondering, Pirates was his first ride!

1936698_1193733044984_7855379_n.jpg

1936698_1193519039634_2461231_n.jpg?oh=3

OK, so tips for young kids... we brought Z at 4 months, and he's been 7ish times now at 5....

For anyone with young kids, I recommend:

• Stay on property. It's easier when you don't have to mess with car seats and makes it faster to go to and from the resort. 
  • TAKE BREAKS! (a reason the tip above is so important)
  • With infants, the carriers you wear are easier to move around in the crowds.
  • Do a character meal! It's a much more relaxing way to meet characters. Kids 2 and under are free and can eat as much as they want. 
  • For infants, go to the pool once the sun is down and it's not so hot. Pools are also much less crowded. 
  • Use a company like www.wegoshop.com to have diapers and snacks delivered to your room at the hotel if not driving. 

I'll keep thinking....

We've always traveled with our kids, even when they were babies. My oldest DDs first camping trip was just before she turned three months. 

I always think it's funny when people stress about traveling with a younger baby. Really, this is the easiest time you'll have to travel with your kids until they are much older!  In my experience, traveling with infants is a breeze until they become very mobile. Once they are mobile, it's a nightmare until they are able to sit quietly and occupy themselves for more than twenty minutes at a time. For our girls, that was far after their 3rd birthday. 

We cruised on the Magic when our girls were 2 and 3 years old. I almost wished we had waited at least one more year so that my youngest could sit through the shows, or taken the cruise much earlier so that they were easier to manage. 

Obviously, not all kids are the same, but this has definitely been my experience with my three little ones. 

We've always traveled with our kids, even when they were babies.

I think this is very important to help them be good travelers. I just couldn't swing the up every two hours and a theme park!

Tomorrow will be the baby's 4th camping trip and she's 8 months old. She's a very easy going baby so that helps a lot. I have friends who never took their kids anywhere and when they finally did it was a disaster because they were so used to being home they couldn't sleep if they weren't in their room in their crib/bed.

I get antsy and can't stay home.

We've always traveled with our kids, even when they were babies. My oldest DDs first camping trip was just before she turned three months. 

I always think it's funny when people stress about traveling with a younger baby. Really, this is the easiest time you'll have to travel with your kids until they are much older!  In my experience, traveling with infants is a breeze until they become very mobile. Once they are mobile, it's a nightmare until they are able to sit quietly and occupy themselves for more than twenty minutes at a time. For our girls, that was far after their 3rd birthday. 

We cruised on the Magic when our girls were 2 and 3 years old. I almost wished we had waited at least one more year so that my youngest could sit through the shows, or taken the cruise much earlier so that they were easier to manage. 

Obviously, not all kids are the same, but this has definitely been my experience with my three little ones. 

Depends on how close they are. My fifth was born when my oldest was still 5. So we avoided going most places until they were all a little older. Yes I did the grocery shopping with all of them but I didn't do much more than grocery shopping, the zoo or parks. No Disney trips until the youngest was 5 and the oldest was 10. 

Depends on how close they are. My fifth was born when my oldest was still 5. So we avoided going most places until they were all a little older. Yes I did the grocery shopping with all of them but I didn't do much more than grocery shopping, the zoo or parks. No Disney trips until the youngest was 5 and the oldest was 10.

Grocery shopping with 5? Impressive !

How far apart are all your kids?

Since we live 7 - 10 hours away from grandparents (opposite directions at that) our kids travel several times a year.  It works because it has to.  I am glad for the experiences they have and think it is good for them.  Holidays away from home?  Almost all of them.  

Now, having said that, there are a few items I could not have done it without:

*DVD players for the back seat

*Monkey leash (pick your animal - Walmart sells a toddler backpack with strap that is cute and what kept me from losing my toddler at Disney.  Some people think it is cruel - I didn't care - we haven't lost a kid yet.  Of course now they have outgrown them.  It IS harder is some ways!!!)

*"Urp" bucket for the backseat.  Youngest gets carsick.  A lot.

*Plastic bags and extra clothes.  See previous line.

*Snacks, snacks, snacks

*Baby wipes (I will buy them for the rest of my life.  They clean faces, hands, tables, shoes, toys, etc.)

*A sense of humor and loads of patience

Grocery shopping with 5? Impressive !

How far apart are all your kids?

Not really that close, 18 months between the first two, 18 months between the 2nd and 3rd, 13 months between the 3rd and 4th, and 17 months between the 4th and 5th. We knew we wanted a big family and I wanted to be done before I was 30. Had the first when I was 22 and the 5th right after my 28th birthday. It was a little tough when they were young but it's been great because they have always had built in friends.