This will be my first 5K and first....anything since I lost over 70lbs.  Hubby is going with me!  It is down the coast a little ways from us in Indialantic, FL.  Anyway, if there are any other Spacecoasters or anyone who will be in the area, you should check it out!  It's for the sea turtles :wave1:

10568825_730524343661079_311724435404182

Link to Turtle Krawl website

LOL.  Nope, I'm a little more than 1/3 of the way through.  I had some tumors that caused issues resulting in weight gain and I never took it off.  It's hard to exercise when you're exhausted. The longer I waited to get healthy, the worse it got.  Ah well, at least I'm fixing it now :D.  4 months ago I had difficulty walking the 1/4 mile to the mailbox.  We even bought the finisher medals because finishing is a big win for me !  Frankly, I think I should get a medal for waking my butt up that early, but the alternative is walking a 5K in mid September at noon and I don't think there's anyone around here who's up for that.

Good for you, stick with it. One third of the way is a big deal.

And what I said about physical exercise, like much of what I say about myself, is baloney.

At my age, I'm very conscious about my weight and health and really do work at it.

I do about an hour of cardio and strength exercises six days a week. If I can do it, anyone can.

WOW!  That's impressive.  When I first started to lose weight, I tried doing sit-ups.  I honestly laughed so hard I peed myself.  I was just laying there like a turtle laughing and peeing with my husband looking on like I'd lost my mind.  Right now, I'm just walking with a few squats (almost as funny) and some stretchy band (technical term) exercises for my upper body.  I'm ready to move into some serious strength training now that I don't have an instant asthma attack the second I stand up. I was looking at trying a few of the Disney races, but only the marathon and half marathons seem to be open.  Um.....nope.