Got a disappointing email about my golf-cart reservation..

Florida Statutes

320.01  Definitions, general.--As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:

(42)  "Low-speed vehicle" means any four-wheeled electric vehicle whose top speed is greater than 20 miles per hour but not greater than 25 miles per hour, including neighborhood electric vehicles.

(1)  A low-speed vehicle may be operated only on streets where the posted speed limit is 35 miles per hour or less. This does not prohibit a low-speed vehicle from crossing a road or street at an intersection where the road or street has a posted speed limit of more than 35 miles per hour.

(2)  A low-speed vehicle must be equipped with headlamps, stop lamps, turn signal lamps, tail lamps, reflex reflectors, parking brakes, rearview mirrors, windshields, seat belts, and vehicle identification numbers.

(3)  A low-speed vehicle must be registered and insured in accordance with s. 320.02.

320.01  Definitions, general.--As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:

(22)  "Golf cart" means a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operation on a golf course for sporting or recreational purposes and that is not capable of exceeding speeds of 20 miles per hour.

But Florida does accept GC as ULSV's that have been modified to exceed 20 mph and are licensed in another state and meet the seat belt/lights/turn signal/insurance requirements. Found that out with mine while at Jetty Park.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I also think this is a good time to remind people NOT to post details about how off site rentals work in a public forum. It just alerts Disney as to ways to cut out that system.   Private messages wou

You forgot Statute 320.02  --  As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term: (22) "Bob's Golf cart" means a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operation in 

(22)  "Golf cart" means a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operation on a golf course for sporting or recreational purposes and that is not capable of exceeding speeds of 20 miles per hour.

You forgot Statute 320.02  --  As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:

(22) "Bob's Golf cart" means a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operation in a very small campground for comedic purposes solely for the amusement of others and that is not capable of exceeding speeds of 4 miles per hour.

You forgot Statute 320.02  --  As used in the Florida Statutes, except as otherwise provided, the term:

(22) "Bob's Golf cart" means a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operation in a very small campground for comedic purposes solely for the amusement of others, chauffeuring Lou, and that is not capable of exceeding speeds of 4 miles per hour.

Fixed it.

But Florida does accept GC as ULSV's that have been modified to exceed 20 mph and are licensed in another state and meet the seat belt/lights/turn signal/insurance requirements.

That would make sense as a GC can be converted into a Low Speed Vehicle if it satisfies the statute?

Mine exceeds 20 mph and we drive it out at the beach and around the neighborhood all the time.

So you've got a hybrid because it exceeds 20mph and so under the FL statue is not a GC. And it's not a Low Speed Vehicle because I'm assuming it does not have seat belts, vehicle identification numbers, and is not registered or insured in the state of FL.

Did you have to pay extra for it because it's hybrid?

Just because you DO something or CAN do something, even if you get away with it, DOESN'T make it legal.  I drive my kids around the neighborhood in our EZGO several weekend during the year.  Top speed maybe 8 MPH on these hills.  No brake lights, turn signals, no separate insurance.  Not caught so far.

(22) "Bob's Golf cart" means a motor vehicle that is designed and manufactured for operation in a very small campground for comedic purposes solely for the amusement of others and that is not capable of exceeding speeds of 4 miles per hour.

I think we got one of them "funny boys" here... I'll get you, and your little russian too!

I think we got one of them "funny boys" here... I'll get you, and your little russian too!

Don't chase them in your cart.  The "Little Russian" would be able to out run you with the "Funny Boy" on her back!   :rofl3:  :rofl3:

My golf cart has everything required to make it street legal and is registered and insured in the state of Florida.

If it has all that stuff, and even though it may look like an ordinary GC, the state of FL considers it a Low Speed Vehicle.

It sounded much cooler if it was a renegade GC.

Stop picking on my chauffer's Bob's most excellent GC.

I'm not saying Bob's cart is slow but,,,, when he is driving up to the Settlement, the Meadows' speed sign flashes "Do Not Walk In The Road" .   :clint: