This article is from Disney Dining.  So what would your dream "coolest job" at WDW be?

http://www.disneydining.com/top-ten-coolest-jobs-walt-disney-world/

Top Ten Coolest Jobs at Walt Disney World!
Posted by Molly Elias on July 23, 2014 in Recent, Top Ten Lists

By Molly Elias

Let’s be honest: any job at Disney would be cool. And every job in the Parks is extremely important, but I think some are just a little bit cooler than others. These are all jobs that I wouldn’t necessarily like to have, but think are amazing!

10. Scuba Guys in the Seas: In the lobby of The Seas with Nemo & Friends in Epcot, there is a giant scuba tank that goes from the floor to the ceiling. Several times a day, a scuba demonstration is done here for everyone to see. Someone fully decked out in scuba gear, dives in this enclosure and gets to wave to the audience and interact with them. In another tank in the building, scuba divers get to swim with the dolphins and fish and play games with the audience members watching. It always looks so much fun!

9. Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Guys: Movie magic is made real in this Hollywood Studios attraction. This is a very cool job at Walt Disney World that I don’t think I’d like to have. The stunt guys are extremely skilled at what they do and definitely don’t have a fear of danger. The show itself demonstrates how stunts in movies are made with tricked out cars and seemingly “wild” fire and some surprises along the way. It’s an experience like no other and those involved must have an amazing time.

8. Indiana Jones: The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular is just that: epically spectacular. This show gives guests a behind the scenes look at how movies stunts (not involving cars) are done. I think that’s pretty cool in itself. But could you imagine being Indiana Jones all day? That performer gets to carry the whip, wear the hat and be chased by a giant boulder six times a day! Sallah, I said NO shows. That’s SIX shows; can’t you count?!

7. Fireworks Launchers: Ever get the “Wishes” song stuck in your head? Yeah, imagine how the fireworks launchers must feel. Regardless of the catchy song, this definitely is a unique and cool job. It must be such a rush to set off that amazing spectacle and create magic for thousands of people every night.

6. Trainer at Animal Kingdom: I’ve always thought that being able to hang with the animals all day would be super fun. I’m sure that being a vet at Animal Kingdom would be cool, too. But the trainers that get to play and interact with the animals must have a great time. I would absolutely love to be the person who gets to be a part of the otters’ playtime!

5. Street Performers: I love these guys. In Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios, the Citizens take over Main Street and Hollywood Boulevard in a glamorous fashion. I often see these improv troupes when entering the parks and almost always get stopped with a greeting or snarky comment. The troupes add to the magic for me and it must be such a cool job to be able to interact with the guests in such a fun way.

4. Being a Face Character: This one might seem a little simplistic compared to the others, but I think it’s amazingly cool work. It’s those special cast members job to be a famous, beloved Disney character. They get to make guests’ whole trips by posing for pictures, signing their name, and being that character. Interacting with guests at all is cool, but face characters get to do so in a really special, magical way.

3. Tinker Bell Flier: Scary? Probably. Cool? Unbelievably. Every night in Magic Kingdom, the fantastic Wishes fireworks display is set off. Right before the fireworks actually launch, Tinker Bell herself flies from the top of Cinderella Castle across the park! She’s all lit up (from her Pixie dust, of course) and is incredibly enthusiastic. Amazingly, it’s very easy to see her, even away from the park. When I watch Wishes from the Polynesian Beach, I can still make out a tiny green dot floating down from the Castle. What an amazing view she must have from up there!

2. Imagineers: Could you imagine what it would be like to create a ride at Disney World? It’d be unbelievably cool to be an Imagineer. I think they ultimately capture the true message of Disney: to dream. They get to go nuts with creativity. Their job is Walt Disney’s famous quote: “If you can dream it, you can do it.” It must be incredibly cool to carry on his legacy.

1. CEO: I mean, come on. This one had to be at the top. Can you think of anything better than being completely in charge of all of Disney?! I’ll admit that this might be a little too much responsibility for my maturity level, so I’ll leave it up to Bob Iger. Being CEO of Disney means he’s in charge of all of the parks, the cruise line, the movies, the merchandise, the everything. That’s a big deal. And he has been doing a wonderful job, having just been named the USA’s top CEO by Chief Executive magazine. This job could be described much more articulately, I’m sure, but I’ll just leave it as extremely cool.

Honorable Mention:

PUSH: Yes, I know, PUSH was a trashcan. But the person who gave him life had such a cool job. While people swarmed to see the quirky robot who was often rambling or singing, there was always a man dressed in attire much too hot for Florida with one hand in a messenger bag and the other by his mouth. In the bag, he would control PUSH’s movements and with a hidden microphone, he would quietly talk for PUSH. Everyone loved PUSH and he was so fun and unexpected. RIP PUSH (and the talking palm tree found in Animal Kingdom).

What about MSB cinnamon roll baker?

:tounge-smiley:

I would have liked to have been on the Dream Squad from the (more than just a) Year of a Million Dreams campaign a few years back.  Getting to dump a bucket load of pixie dust on unsuspecting guests sounds like fun. 

These days I think it would be driver at Kilimanjaro Safaris.

Here's my list of what were IMO, cool jobs starting in 1996 

After being a CM for no more than six months at a time, I would return to the real world and resume my engineering business until the next break. My 18 year anniversary at WDW is in three weeks.

1.WDW Dolphin, Front Desk

2.WL, Bell Cap

3.YC, Bell Cap

4.GF, Bell Cap,

5.GF, Front Desk,

6.GF, Concierge

7.WL, Bell Cap

8.Bus Driver

9.Convention Guide

After being a CM for no more than six months at a time, I would return to the real world and resume my engineering business until the next break. My 18 year anniversary at WDW is in three weeks.

2.WL, Bell Cap

3.YC, Bell Cap

4.GF, Bell Cap,

5.GF, Front Desk,

6.GF, Concierge

7.WL, Bell Cap

8.Bus Driver

9.Convention Guide

You forgot lever puller/button pusher on the monorail ... :rofl2:

After being a CM for no more than six months at a time, I would return to the real world and resume my engineering business until the next break. My 18 year anniversary at WDW is in three weeks.

2.WL, Bell Cap

3.YC, Bell Cap

4.GF, Bell Cap,

5.GF, Front Desk,

6.GF, Concierge

7.WL, Bell Cap

8.Bus Driver

9.Convention Guide

Wait a minute!

Haven't you already had some if not all these jobs?

Yall can guess mine.

I'm pretty sure you HAVE yours!  :)

I would like to be a wildlife control ranger at Fort Wilderness. Identify and rescue wildlife that has wandered up to a campsite; give little educational spiels; and ride a horse or segway to get around.

Ooh - that sounds fun!

2.WL, Bell Cap

3.YC, Bell Cap

4.GF, Bell Cap,

5.GF, Front Desk,

6.GF, Concierge

7.WL, Bell Cap

8.Bus Driver

9.Convention Guide

My list of Cool Jobs is more in keeping with the list Mo provided. I would not be good at the jobs you have enjoyed.

My list of Cool Jobs is more in keeping with the list Mo provided. I would not be good at the jobs you have enjoyed.

They may not be as cool as the list, but unlike the list, they are obtainable.

Due to the nature of Front Office jobs such as Bell Cap, Front Desk Agent, and Concierge, where you have one on one contact for more than just a few seconds, you do meet some interesting people.

I've met, had discussions with, chauffeured, and served some of the biggest names in politics, business, TV, the music industry, and movies with the most recent being just a few weeks ago.