RCCL's New Quantum of the Seas Will Use RFID Wristbands

Full article on the ship is here:  http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5961

"Apps for better scheduling and onboard communication. Two new apps will help passengers plan the details of their cruises. Cruise Planner is designed to be used ahead of the sailing, giving passengers the opportunity to book spa appointments, shore excursions and dinner reservations from their mobile devices ahead of their sailings. Once onboard, passengers can use Royal iQ in lieu of the printed daily schedule. Royal iQ will also allow passengers to communicate with one another while onboard Quantum of the Seas. Passengers will also use RFID wristbands rather than the traditional keycard to gain entry to their cabins and make purchases onboard."

Good point.

And, you're probably right- it would be a big problem if DCL guests couldn't get in to their cabins or spend money on the ships.

TCD

I'm guessing there have been some interesting internal meetings with the DCL management team where Karl Holz (the head of DCL) has said there's no way in hell he wants those things on his ships. 

BTW....Mr Holz graduated from my alma mater.  Does that mean I get a friends and family discount?