Looks like Disney themed pet products are making a return!  They used to have a lot more than they do now, and there even used to be a little bit of a store at DTD just for pets.  Looks like new stuff on the way - from Disney Parks Blog...

jykriu987869-613x450.jpg

Dogs have been on my mind lately. I recently met my daughter’s new dog, Gracie, whom she found at a local shelter upon returning to college. I also read Tom Smith’s story about the Disney Side Dog’s Day at Magic Kingdom Park on August 30. Both things sparked a flood of memories about the two dogs I had growing up. I know pets are important members of many families, so I’m delighted to announce the return of pet products to Disney Parks. Coming in spring 2015, guests will find a small assortment of dog items as part of a new program called “Disney Tails.” I spoke with Nicole Brann, merchandiser for souvenirs, about this new line.

jegdyu634253-613x539.jpg

“We know our guests love their pets,” said Nicole. “Guests may remember the pet products that we carried at Disney Parks in the mid-2000s. I’m excited to reintroduce some of those popular items under this new product line called ‘Disney Tails.’ For the initial small assortment, we will only focus on dog products, including bowls, squeak toys and apparel. I hope these new items will be another fun way that guests and their pets can show their Disney Side at home.”

Nicole shared with me concept artwork for some new items. I, of course, love the Haunted Mansion-
themed bow tie for dogs. All of the products in this line will feature packaging with the Disney Tails logo.

Look for these items in select merchandise locations at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts next year. I’ll share additional updates as final samples arrive at our Disney Theme Park Merchandise headquarters.

fghjui655678-613x416.jpg

While my traveling lifestyle makes me more of a cat person today, I miss my first dog Charlie, as seen here in 1978.

I’d love to hear a “tail” about your favorite pet, so please share in the comments below.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/08/disney-tails-pet-products-coming-to-disney-parks-in-spring-2015/

I emailed the knucklehead that posted the article, asking why my response was later deleted and this is what I got.

"I will be out of town on vacation from Friday, August 29 through Monday, September 1. I will return to the office on Tuesday, September 2
Aloha!
Steven
Merchandise Communications Manager
Disney Theme Park Merchandise"

Aloha, what's that all about? Is he going to Hawaii for the weekend?

Just another idiot Disney manager, but aren't they all? I'll email him again on Tuesday. This isn't over.