If I get the internet thingy from reception at the Fort and have one of my boys hook that up at the site, can I then have a boy hook my wireless router up to that so we can use it at our site?

Can you tell I am not the techie in our house?  :lol:

Grumpy and Grandma and TCD are correct, get it from the Meadow. 

Deposit is no longer required.  I can't remember if I even showed any ID or magic band.  They do ask your site number, then you sign the checklist showing all the parts they give you. Everything comes in a handy tote bag.

They supposedly are in demand and in short supply, so go get one as soon as you're done setting up.

Instructions are included for hooking up the modem, and if you want to hook up the coax to your tv (coax splitter included).

The  coax cable connection is in a small box on your power pole.

It's fairly simple to hook up your own wireless router.  I don't remember if they give you a Cat 5 patch cord, so bring one with you.

Have everything powered off when you are hooking up the cables.

Then power on the cable modem and let the blinking lights settle down, usually a minute or 2.

Now it's time to turn on your router.  Again, let the lights settle down.You should see a LAN and a WAN light if everything is connected properly (and if you have those lights on your router).

Finally try to connect to a good internet site with your wireless device.  I usually use Google.com.

NOTE.  If your wireless router is provided by your cable provider and it's built into your internet box/modem/switch, it may not/probably won't work.

You need to use a plain old wireless router/switch.

I was tired of the slow wireless speeds I was getting with my providers equipment, so I ended up buying a used N router (ask your kids) from a pawn shop and hooking that up.  Craigslist is a good source also.

That's the piece I brought to the Fort. 

We have a small pop up, so the Fort modem, my router,  the assorted cables and power supplies got installed underneath our dinette bench.  If you do put them in an enclosed space make sure you have some sort of air flow/ventilation.  They do build up heat.

Using this setup, I had full  wi-fi coverage around my site for phones and tablets.

Grumpy and Grandma and TCD are correct, get it from the Meadow. 

Deposit is no longer required.  I can't remember if I even showed any ID or magic band.  They do ask your site number, then you sign the checklist showing all the parts they give you. Everything comes in a handy tote bag.

They supposedly are in demand and in short supply, so go get one as soon as you're done setting up.

Instructions are included for hooking up the modem, and if you want to hook up the coax to your tv (coax splitter included).

The  coax cable connection is in a small box on your power pole.

It's fairly simple to hook up your own wireless router.  I don't remember if they give you a Cat 5 patch cord, so bring one with you.

Have everything powered off when you are hooking up the cables.

Then power on the cable modem and let the blinking lights settle down, usually a minute or 2.

Now it's time to turn on your router.  Again, let the lights settle down.You should see a LAN and a WAN light if everything is connected properly (and if you have those lights on your router).

Finally try to connect to a good internet site with your wireless device.  I usually use Google.com.

NOTE.  If your wireless router is provided by your cable provider and it's built into your internet box/modem/switch, it may not/probably won't work.

You need to use a plain old wireless router/switch.

I was tired of the slow wireless speeds I was getting with my providers equipment, so I ended up buying a used N router (ask your kids) from a pawn shop and hooking that up.  Craigslist is a good source also.

That's the piece I brought to the Fort. 

We have a small pop up, so the Fort modem, my router,  the assorted cables and power supplies got installed underneath our dinette bench.  If you do put them in an enclosed space make sure you have some sort of air flow/ventilation.  They do build up heat.

Using this setup, I had full  wi-fi coverage around my site for phones and tablets.

Okay, this is all Greek to me.  Hoping it makes sense to someone at my house, other wise I will be bribing jason with cookies to come help me.

I should add that Curt will be setting up the camper, as I am renting form him and I believe he handles getting the tv hooked up.

Okay, this is all Greek to me.  Hoping it makes sense to someone at my house, other wise I will be bribing jason with cookies to come help me.

I should add that Curt will be setting up the camper, as I am renting form him and I believe he handles getting the tv hooked up.

Ask your kids about the Wi-Fi router at home, or call your internet provider.

It sounds harder to hook up than it is.

Just connecting cables, sort of like plugging in an extension cord.

Marty I can set it up in less than 5 minutes for you. Just pick up the kit at the Meadows and bring your router and an Ethernet cable

Ethernet cable comes with kit from meadows.

Marty I can set it up in less than 5 minutes for you. Just pick up the kit at the Meadows and bring your router and an Ethernet cable

Now, that is a full service travel agent!  (And good FrIEND!)

So...we have an ipad.  If we bring our wireless router, then it looks like we can use our ipad for Netflix (yay!).  Question that I have is... can you somehow hook the ipad up to our tv so that we can watch Netflix on a bigger screen? 

I am pretty sure they make cables to hook an ipad to a tv. There may be a way to do it wirelessly, but I don't keep up with apple products.

Depends on your model of IPAD.  Is it the older one or the newer with the lightning connector

I have the forgotten version, the one about 2 years old between the 2 and the 3.

I got an audio/video/power cable off of Amazon.  You can charge with it and also output audio and video to your tv (if the tv has the proper connections). 

It works for music and for videos but will not mirror the regular screen or show photos.

There are similar ones on the market that has the lightning connector also. 

My order history didn't list the price, but I'm thinking less than $20.

I just clicked on the description in my Amazon history and it took me to a site where it costs $6.45

The similar one at apple.com is $39

Another option is if you have apple tv you can hook that up and mirror your ipad thru it to your tv.

Now look here.  Before this gets any further out of hand- I need to say something.

If you have time to surf the net and watch Netflix at the Fort, you're doing something wrong.

TCD

UP Arrow!

Preach on, Brother!

:pope:

Now look here.  Before this gets any further out of hand- I need to say something.

If you have time to surf the net and watch Netflix at the Fort, you're doing something wrong.

TCD

I know... I know... but my beautiful husband is not a big camper (he does it for me  :heartsmiley: ), so when Marty mentioned the wireless router (which we have) we thought of Netflix and a movie at night after we've put the kids down.  Same with a satellite dish and football... we were looking into that so he could still watch a game, but we've decided to step back from that (because of the cost) and he's hoping that the Florida game will be available through cable TV there at the Fort in October.   He's also a huge Broncos fan, but the Gator games are priority for him...

I know... I know... but my beautiful husband is not a big camper (he does it for me  :heartsmiley: ), so when Marty mentioned the wireless router (which we have) we thought of Netflix and a movie at night after we've put the kids down.  Same with a satellite dish and football... we were looking into that so he could still watch a game, but we've decided to step back from that (because of the cost) and he's hoping that the Florida game will be available through cable TV there at the Fort in October.   He's also a huge Broncos fan, but the Gator games are priority for him...

I'm not sure what weekend in October you're going, but the October 4 game against Tennessee and the October 11 game against LSU should be on national TV and on the Fort's cable system. The October 18 game against Missouri probably depends on how both teams are doing at that point- that one might not be on national TV.

As far as I know WDW cable has not yet picked up the SEC network.  If any of those games are on the SEC network, your DH may need to head off site to watch.

TCD