How to Get a Discount on Annual Passes

There is a little known trick to getting some savings on Annual Passes. It takes a bit of planning, but can save some (sometimes significant) coin on an Annual Pass.

First off there are the traditional ways, some AAA offices offer a discount. If you are military eligible, I think Shades of Green has a small discount off of Annual Passes and no sales tax, and if you are a DVC member, there is significant savings on Annual Passes.

However, for the rest of us here is the process.

First off, go to www.mousesavers.com and sign up for their monthly newsletter. It will come to your email on the 15th of each month.  In that newsletter there is a special link for the discount ticket broker, Undercover Tourist. www.undercovertourist.com.  Undercover Tourist does offer discounted tickets on their public website, but the link from the Mousesavers newsletter offers a little bit more of a discount. I won't share the actual link here, because the URL changes frequently and the agreement is you don't share the link publicly. (This will work with discounted tickets from any authorized discount ticket broker, but Undercover Tourist so far has offered the best prices that I have seen).

Next step, purchase any Magic Your Way ticket. The key is to find the ticket with the highest discount off of gate prices AND the gate price of that particular ticket needs to be less than the Annual Pass you wish to purchase.

Currently (and this changes often), the 6-day Park Hopper with Water Park Fun and More, No Expiration is advertising $69 less than gate price at $576.47. Gate price for this ticket is $649.65. (The actual difference is $73.18).

This ticket will work if you are not a Florida Resident and are purchasing any type of Annual Pass. If you are a Florida Resident, then you will need to look for a ticket that has a gate price less than the particular Annual Pass you wish to purchase. The discount won't be as great, but it will still be a savings.

The next step is to go to a park. Use that ticket in a turnstyle. This is key. Once you use that ticket in a turnstyle, it instantly becomes worth gate price.

NOTE: If you get a ticket with Water Park and More, and only want a Regular Annual Pass, DO NOT use that ticket at a Water Park or Disney Quest.  You will be required to purchase a Premium Annual Pass if any of the "features" are used. If you don't use any of the Water Park and More features, you can upgrade to a Regular Annual Pass.

Next step, GO TO THE TICKET AND TRANSPORTATION CENTER. This price "bridge" is not well known by Guest Relations ticket agents, however the folks at the TTC do pretty much nothing but sell tickets, and they are the experts. They know the correct screens and keystrokes to make this happen.

Hand them the ticket you just ran through a turnstyle and your photo ID, and request to upgrade to whatever Annual Pass you wish. They will then type a few keys and "bridge" your ticket to gate price, and then process the upgrade to an Annual Pass. You then pay the difference between the gate price of your ticket and the annual pass price and you are good to go!!!

My only current experience is on NEW Annual Passes. We don't  renew our annual passes, so don't know if you can use the combo of an upgrade ticket and the renewal discount.

One more note, Disney generally raises their ticket prices every year, so even if your first Annual Pass trip is after the price increase, purchase your tickets from Undercover Tourist in the few days between when the price increase is announced and when Undercover Tourist is still offering tickets at the old prices. You'll have to do some serious number comparisons to find the best ticket discount between the old prices and the new gate prices, but it will offer even more savings.

Now one last note, let me give you actual numbers on my transaction.

I ordered my ticket from Undercover Tourist at $576.47. When I upgraded to a Premium Annual Pass, I only gave them an additional $153.36 for a total of $729.43. A Premium Annual Pass is $803.02 for a difference of $73.59. (In our case multiply by 2, for a total savings on 2 tickets of $147.18.)

One last caveat, neither myself nor FortFiends.net LLC is guaranteeing this will work. Disney can and does change their policies frequently. Worst case scenario is they have discontinued this process or you get a ticket agent that does not know the process and you pay gate price for your Annual Pass.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just as an update -   It worked like a charm. We got the 10 day hoppers for $996 We entered Epcot with the hoppers and walked in a circle to the exit. Went to their guest services and u

There is a little known trick to getting some savings on Annual Passes. It takes a bit of planning, but can save some (sometimes significant) coin on an Annual Pass.   First off there are the traditio

Still works! Went to TTC. Saved $140+ on 2 APs. CM needed help to do it but was very nice. Advice... Be patient and don't be in a rush. :) Thanks again Carol!!!

There is a little known trick to getting some savings on Annual Passes. It takes a bit of planning, but can save some (sometimes significant) coin on an Annual Pass.

First off there are the traditional ways, some AAA offices offer a discount. If you are military eligible, I think Shades of Green has a small discount off of Annual Passes and no sales tax, and if you are a DVC member, there is significant savings on Annual Passes.

However, for the rest of us here is the process.

First off, go to www.mousesavers.com and sign up for their monthly newsletter. It will come to your email on the 15th of each month.  In that newsletter there is a special link for the discount ticket broker, Undercover Tourist. www.undercovertourist.com.  Undercover Tourist does offer discounted tickets on their public website, but the link from the Mousesavers newsletter offers a little bit more of a discount. I won't share the actual link here, because the URL changes frequently and the agreement is you don't share the link publicly. (This will work with discounted tickets from any authorized discount ticket broker, but Undercover Tourist so far has offered the best prices that I have seen).

Next step, purchase any Magic Your Way ticket. The key is to find the ticket with the highest discount off of gate prices AND the gate price of that particular ticket needs to be less than the Annual Pass you wish to purchase.

Currently (and this changes often), the 6-day Park Hopper with Water Park Fun and More, No Expiration is advertising $69 less than gate price at $576.47. Gate price for this ticket is $649.65. (The actual difference is $73.18).

This ticket will work if you are not a Florida Resident and are purchasing any type of Annual Pass. If you are a Florida Resident, then you will need to look for a ticket that has a gate price less than the particular Annual Pass you wish to purchase. The discount won't be as great, but it will still be a savings.

The next step is to go to a park. Use that ticket in a turnstyle. This is key. Once you use that ticket in a turnstyle, it instantly becomes worth gate price.

NOTE: If you get a ticket with Water Park and More, and only want a Regular Annual Pass, DO NOT use that ticket at a Water Park or Disney Quest.  You will be required to purchase a Premium Annual Pass if any of the "features" are used. If you don't use any of the Water Park and More features, you can upgrade to a Regular Annual Pass.

Next step, GO TO THE TICKET AND TRANSPORTATION CENTER. This price "bridge" is not well known by Guest Relations ticket agents, however the folks at the TTC do pretty much nothing but sell tickets, and they are the experts. They know the correct screens and keystrokes to make this happen.

Hand them the ticket you just ran through a turnstyle and your photo ID, and request to upgrade to whatever Annual Pass you wish. They will then type a few keys and "bridge" your ticket to gate price, and then process the upgrade to an Annual Pass. You then pay the difference between the gate price of your ticket and the annual pass price and you are good to go!!!

My only current experience is on NEW Annual Passes. We don't  renew our annual passes, so don't know if you can use the combo of an upgrade ticket and the renewal discount.

One more note, Disney generally raises their ticket prices every year, so even if your first Annual Pass trip is after the price increase, purchase your tickets from Undercover Tourist in the few days between when the price increase is announced and when Undercover Tourist is still offering tickets at the old prices. You'll have to do some serious number comparisons to find the best ticket discount between the old prices and the new gate prices, but it will offer even more savings.

Now one last note, let me give you actual numbers on my transaction.

I ordered my ticket from Undercover Tourist at $576.47. When I upgraded to a Premium Annual Pass, I only gave them an additional $153.36 for a total of $729.43. A Premium Annual Pass is $803.02 for a difference of $73.59. (In our case multiply by 2, for a total savings on 2 tickets of $147.18.)

I am going to attempt to visit the Undercover Tourist Site once a month and give actual ticket recommedations for the various types of annual passes and update this post.

One thing to add... there have been reports for the past year and a half or so that the price bridge wasn't being honored any more and in fact a couple of Fiends tried to get it at various Guest Relations locations in parks and at DTD and were told "no."

Carol just did this within the last week and as she's noted, the key seems to be going to the TTC where they seem to be the most on the ball when it comes to all the various ticket stuff.

I just checked to see what this would save us on regular APs this year.

If we purchase the 6-Day PH + Water Park Fun & More - No Expiration ticket from UT and go through the bridge process, we'll save $69 per pass.  :)

Thank you for taking the time to write this out and explain it.

This is the best and clearest explanation of price bridging that I have ever seen.

To me, it always seemed like it was too much work for too little benefit.  But, $147.18 is nothing to sneeze at.  That would almost pay for one night in a premium campsite.

TCD

...$147.18 is nothing to sneeze at.  That would almost pay for one night in a premium campsite.

LOL!  It'll pay for (almost) 2 of our preferred nights this November.  8)

And given how much we just dropped in vet bills in the last 2 months... I'll take it!

Besides, it gives me an excuse to pop into MK our first night for a Dole Whip float when we go over to the Poly for some "WE'RE HERE!" sushi.  :rofl3:

September 2014 - Undercover Tourist Ticket Recommendations for "bridging"

Regular Tourist Annual Pass - Gate Price $675.21

6-Day Park Hopping Water Park Fun and More No Expiration Discount Price - $576.47, Gate Price - $649.65 - Savings $73.18

Premium Tourist Annual Pass - Gate Price $803.02

6-Day Park Hopping Water Park Fun and More No Expiration Discount Price - $576.47, Gate Price - $649.65 - Savings $73.18

Florida Resident Seasonal Annual Pass - Gate Price $339.74

No recommended bridge ticket, all are higher than gate price of this pass.

Florida Resident Regular Annual Pass - Gate Price $516.53

10-Day Park Hopper, Water Park Fun and More - Discount Price - $441.03, Gate Price - $468.60 - Savings $27.57

Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass - Gate Price - $644.33

5-Day Park Hopper, Water Park Fun and More No Expiration Discount Price - $554.27, Gate Price - $585.75 - Savings $31.48

• 3 weeks later...

Just got my October Undercover Tourist Newsletter, and this month's link and there are no changes in pricing from last month.

September 2014 - Undercover Tourist Ticket Recommendations for "bridging"

10-Day Park Hopper, Water Park Fun and More - Discount Price - $441.03, Gate Price - $468.60 - Savings $27.57

5-Day Park Hopper, Water Park Fun and More No Expiration Discount Price - $554.27, Gate Price - $585.75 - Savings $31.48

When prices from one month to the next do change, you'll certainly hear about.

Do the authorized ticket resellers like UT, offer the discounted APs for DVC members, or the FL resident APs, like the Epcot after 4 pass, the weekday select pass, and the seasonal pass?

No they don't. They don't offer any Annual Passes. Also, the price changes I'm tracking are the price changes on Undercover Tourist tickets, NOT Disney's prices. Also, the change I am also tracking is "which" UT ticket has the most discount off of Disney's gate price. Those can change also.

DH called our AAA office to check what they had available for tickets and they did have a small discount on some tickets (which is new since the last time we checked), but it wasn't nearly as good as UT.

Just for kicks, compare prices at The Official Ticket Center and Kissimmee Guest Services.

I use both places because when we have company, most times they don't know what parks they want to do and haven't bought tickets yet. As both places are just 10 minutes from Disney, we pick up the tickets on the way.

In terms of discounts KGS is best with OTC second best. KSG also has a price guarantee that if you run across a lower price, they will refund the difference even if you've used the tickets.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

December 2015 Update - No actual changes in UT prices

• 1 month later...

Hello!  And Thank You!

I am a long time lurker (thanks to all of you that post) and this thread is what pushed me to join.  Something about the power of saving money!

Thank you Carol for posting this information.  Myself, my daughter and my mom were all able to use this method and reap the rewards of saving $!  We traveled to the world on January 7th 2015 with our UT tickets purchased and in our MDE accounts.  We went into the MK that night and AK the next morning.  We were staying at the Poly for this trip so it was easy for me to go to the TTC to attempt the AP bridged upgrade.  I had to ask, and clarify, and ask again but they got it right.  I paid less than $100 to upgrade all 3 tickets.  It makes me happy to save any $ but this was significant.  Thank you again.

My daughter and I live in Seattle so it is crazy that we have AP's.  We were there for 5 days in January and are planning a 8 day trip in June - so the AP made sense.  With the savings it was a no brainer. Our June trip we are staying at the Fort and renting 2 trailer - we are a group of 10.  Hoping to squeeze in another trip for the Wine & Dine Half and/or a quick holiday (Halloween or Christmas) girls only trip.

Just wanted to share my success and again say Thank You!

WELCOME and so glad you were able to take advantage of the savings and thanks for letting us know of your experience!

You definitely have me beat for distance, but I'm up here in NH sitting on an AP too.  As you've already figured out though, it's just a good reason to plan more trips  :)

WELCOME and so glad you were able to take advantage of the savings and thanks for letting us know of your experience!

You definitely have me beat for distance, but I'm up here in NH sitting on an AP too.  As you've already figured out though, it's just a good reason to plan more trips  :)

We did this on Saturday and upgraded to AP's. According to Guest Services at Town Hall, you can upgrade at any point during your stay that your ticket is valid. We upgraded on our last day, after already entering the park, with no problem. Had a 7 day park hopper and upgraded to a standard AP.