How to Get a Discount on Annual Passes

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just as an update -   It worked like a charm. We got the 10 day hoppers for $996 We entered Epcot with the hoppers and walked in a circle to the exit. Went to their guest services and u

There is a little known trick to getting some savings on Annual Passes. It takes a bit of planning, but can save some (sometimes significant) coin on an Annual Pass.   First off there are the traditio

Still works! Went to TTC. Saved $140+ on 2 APs. CM needed help to do it but was very nice. Advice... Be patient and don't be in a rush. :) Thanks again Carol!!!

March 2015 - Undercover Tourist Ticket Recommendations for "bridging" The discounts have dropped significantly with the No Expiration option going away.

Regular Tourist Annual Pass - Gate Price $696.51

4-Day Park Hopping Water Park Fun and More Price - $380.95, Gate Price - $420.68 - Savings $39.73

Premium Tourist Annual Pass - Gate Price $829.64

4-Day Park Hopping Water Park Fun and More Price - $380.95, Gate Price - $420.68 - Savings $39.73

Florida Resident Seasonal Annual Pass - Gate Price $350.39

No recommended bridge ticket, all are higher than gate price of this pass.

Florida Resident Regular Annual Pass - Gate Price $563.39

Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass - Gate Price - $691.19

March 2015 - Undercover Tourist Ticket Recommendations for "bridging" The discounts have dropped significantly with the No Expiration option going away.

Regular Tourist Annual Pass - Gate Price $696.51

Premium Tourist Annual Pass - Gate Price $829.64

Florida Resident Seasonal Annual Pass - Gate Price $350.39

No recommended bridge ticket, all are higher than gate price of this pass.

Florida Resident Regular Annual Pass - Gate Price $563.39

Florida Resident Premium Annual Pass - Gate Price - $691.19

Thanks Carol for taking the time to figure this out for all of us.
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Forgive me if this has already been asked, but is there a way to bridge tickets for the discounted resort package offers?  We have 5 day hopper tickets as part of the resort offer, so I am curious if I can convert those to annual passes?  If so, how do I know what the price would be?  

You only have so many days after the first days use of that ticket but can upgrade to annual pass. You just take the price of annual pass and subtract what you paid for your ticket. That is how much it will cost to upgrade. If you are going to do it, I would do so when you get there to get the perks of the annual pass.

No bridging of Disney bought tickets to APs. You will only get back what you paid for them as a credit. They used to bridge the pricing, but no longer. That's what caused the confusion among most CMs. Many thought bridging was discontinued all together.

• 10 months later...

Just wanted to report that this still works.  Unfortunately since the non-expiring tickets went away, the size of the discount on Undercover Tourist tickets isn't as high, but I was still able to save $40 on my annual pass.  I bought the UT ticket with the highest discount vs gate price but still less than the AP I wanted (which right now is the 4-Day Park Hopper® + Water Park Fun & More), used it, then went to the ticket window at the TTC and upgraded to an AP.  Instead of the gate price with tax of $797 I paid a total of $757.

I actually bought the ticket through UT a couple of days before I left and was able to link it immediately to MDE so that it was on my Magic Band when I got there.

4 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hmm... I just noticed something.  I first used my ticket on April 29, but didn't upgrade to an AP until April 30.  From what I understand, that should have made my expiration April 29th, right?  I just looked in MDE and it's showing and expiration of April 30.  :)

Cool, you got some magic :)

22 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Hmm... I just noticed something.  I first used my ticket on April 29, but didn't upgrade to an AP until April 30.  From what I understand, that should have made my expiration April 29th, right?  I just looked in MDE and it's showing and expiration of April 30.  :)

Same thing happened in Feb 2015-Feb 2016 for us.

On 5/6/2016 at 2:37 PM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Ours did the same thing from upgrading in Oct of 2015.

• 3 weeks later...

OK  so help this "rookie" with some specific's.....A discount of almost 40 dollars would be better than none at all but here's my questions. I just signed up for the news letter so I'll be looking to get the 4 day Park Hopper with water park fun @ 380.95.....we will up grade that after arrival for the Premium Annual Pass(we will be in the area for a total of 7 weeks, 2 weeks at the Fort). I want to be able to participate in the Fast Fast+...what is the lead time on that? 60 days if staying at a WDW Resort? 30 days otherwise? Will I be able to do that with the voucher purchased through MouseSavers? I'm starting to get overwhelmed somewhat...lol  I had a thought of going to AAA in Florida but then I'd have to wait till then to get in on the Fast Pass. Its rather confusing....I'm guessing any Fast Pass booking would have to correspond with the the dates on my 4 Day Park hopper which really wouldn't be all that great since my first two weeks in the area won't be at the Fort but rather outside the Park where we will still want to go into the Park possibly on a daily basis. 

Long story short, I'm assuming that if we purchased our Annual Pass'es before leaving, I could make 60 day out Fast Pass'es for the time at the Fort and 30 day out for the time we are outside the Fort..is that correct? Quite frankly, I'm not all that schooled in the Fast Pass in general, I've used it only once out here at Disneyland!!!

Yes, if you attach the ticket you receive from Undercover Tourist to your My Disney Experience Account, you will be able to book FP+ at 60 days out for your resort stay, or 30 days out for your other times, BUT I'm pretty sure the system will only let you book FP+ for the number of days on your ticket.

So concentrate on getting the really hard to get FP+ such as Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Anna and Else, the new Frozen Ride, etc.

All others can be made a couple of days out with little to no trouble once you do the upgrade to the Premium Annual Pass.

Don't forget, enter a park first, then take the time to go to the TTC before doing the upgrade bridge.

• 1 year later...

We got UT discount tickets before the last price increase for our holiday trip this year and now with DVC we are getting a discount offer for AP so we might use your suggestions for upgrading, thanks for the tips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Well, Mo is the last one to talk about this last October.  Does it still work?

UT has a couple of tickets that are a $65 discount, so it would be a $130 savings for the two of us.   As we are looking at several trips over the next year the AP would be worth is.....

Carol??