• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Every one of those rules shouldn't be necessary if people these days had half a brain.    In fact, I'm surprised the rule listing doesn't begin with:   "Because we have determined over the course of t

What is this, Russia?   I'm glad this guy got to enjoy Maelstrom the other day before these draconian rules took effect:     TCD

So, my 10 year old daughter is considered an "adult" when it comes to paying an entrance fee and for meals, but is NOT an adult when it comes time to ride a ride.  Not that she would ever ride anythin

A couple of interesting notes. They have now included e-cigs in the restrictions for Designated Smoking Areas.

Another interesting rule, (although it may have always been there).....

paraphrased "The use of any flag or banner for commercial purposes or to incite a crowd"

Could we start complaining about the tour group flags with their logo  :clint: I mean they seem to incite the following crowd to "chant" :rofl2:

Along with the clarification regarding e-cigs, weapons, and that kids under 14 must be accompanied by an adult, they also wanted the policy regarding  inappropriate attire, including objectionable tattoos, to be made clear.

The e-cig policy has been in effect for a while, but people assumed that they could use them everywhere.

Copy/pasting here so we can pick them apart discuss...

GENERAL RULES

Welcome to the Walt Disney World Resort. To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all our park Guests, please respect the following rules:

a. All persons, bags, parcels and other items may be subject to screening/security checks at the Park entrances and also within the Parks.

b. We reserve the right not to allow any bag, parcel or other item to be brought into the Parks, and to deal with any unattended object in such way as we consider appropriate.

c. Please show common courtesy to fellow Park Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior. For your safety and the safety of others, please refrain from running.

d. Proper attire, including shoes and shirts, must be worn at all times. We reserve the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that we consider inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests. Visible tattoos that could be considered inappropriate, such as those containing objectionable language or designs, are not permitted. Special events may have additional attire guidelines.

e. For the comfort of all Guests, smoking of tobacco, e-cigarettes or other products that produce a vapor or smoke are allowed only in designated smoking areas.

f. Please supervise your children at all times. Guests under age 14 must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older to enter the Park. To board an attraction, children under age 7 must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.

g. Access to attractions depends upon the safety rules for each attraction.

Tickets and other entitlements are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, non-refundable, revocable and void if altered. The ticket must be used by the same person during its period of validity and is not valid for special events that require a separate admission charge. Please present your ticket and TicketTag confirmation for re-entry into the Park on the same day.

PROHIBITED ITEMS

The following items may not be brought into the Parks:

a. Recreational devices with wheels, such as skateboards, scooters, inline skates or shoes with built-in wheels.

b. Alcoholic beverages or any illegal substance.

c. Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 cm x 132 cm).

d. Suitcases, coolers or backpacks, with or without wheels, larger than 24" long x 15" wide x 18" high (61 cm x 38 cm x 46 cm).

e. Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an Electronic Conveyance Vehicle, wheelchair or stroller, or pulled by a person, including wagons.

f. Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted. Devices must be manually or electrically powered and operated at a walking pace.  Devices should be single rider and not exceed 36" (92 cm) in width and 52" (132 cm) in length.

g. Weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be weapons.

h. Masks (unless they are for medical purposes).

i. Folding chairs.

j. Large tripods.

k. Glass containers (excluding small containers such as baby food jars).

l. Pets or other animals, except approved service animals (e.g. dogs). Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. Due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride certain attractions.

m. Balloons, plastic straws and drink lids are not permitted in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park for the safety of our animals.

n. Other items that we determine may be harmful or disruptive.

PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES

The following activities are not allowed:

a. The sale of goods or services or the display of goods or services for sale.

b. The distribution of printed or recorded materials of any kind.

c. Engaging with other Guests or impeding the operation while posing as or portraying any character in costume.

d. Unauthorized events, demonstrations or speeches, or the usage of any flag, banner or sign for commercial purposes, or to incite a crowd.

e. Feeding any animals in the park, including birds.

f. Photography, videotaping, or recording of any kind except for personal use.

g. Engaging in any unsafe act or other act that may impede the operation of the Park or any associated facility.

COMPANY RIGHTS

a. We may photograph, film, videotape, record or otherwise reproduce the image and/or voice of any person who enters any Park and use the same for any purpose without payment to any person.

b. We reserve the right to deny admission, or to require a person already admitted to leave a Park, without
refund, liability or compensation if we consider that the circumstances so require.

c. We may from time to time, without prior notice and without refund, liability or compensation, change the operating hours of any Park or attraction, close any Park or any part of it temporarily, restrict the number of persons having access to a Park, and/or suspend or cancel any attraction or entertainment program if we consider that the circumstances so require.

d. Park Rules and Regulations are subject to change without notice.

e. If you have any questions, please visit any Guest Relations location.

e. Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an Electronic Conveyance Vehicle, wheelchair or stroller, or pulled by a person, including wagons.

I would assume that includes the suitcase a woman was pulling behind her that I almost took a header over.  :blink:

But then presumably she pulled that thing past both bag check and the entrance gate CMs... unless she teleported it once she was inside the park.

:drwho-smiley:

(and yes, that was a shameless excuse to use that smiley)

and that kids under 14 must be accompanied by an adult, 

Actually it says 

f. Please supervise your children at all times. Guests under age 14 must be accompanied by a Guest age 14 or older to enter the Park. To board an attraction, children under age 7 must be accompanied by a person age 14 years or older.

That was one of the first rules I noted since it means next year my 14 yr olds could go into a park with my 16 yr old, who I constantly remind he's not actually an adult. 

Actually it says 

The internal announcement which is the one I read, worded it as shown below.

"and that adult supervision is required for children under the age of 14."

And later in the same announcement:

"adult supervision for children younger than 14 at the theme parks."

Based on the wording of the posted version, a 14 year old is considered an adult in this instance

Every one of those rules shouldn't be necessary if people these days had half a brain. 

In fact, I'm surprised the rule listing doesn't begin with:

"Because we have determined over the course of the 43 years we have been in business that you all are ignorant, self-absorbed ass clowns, we hereby offer the following rules for our parks:"

Every one of those rules shouldn't be necessary if people these days had half a brain. 

"Because we have determined over the course of the 43 years we have been in business that you all are ignorant, self-absorbed ass clowns, we hereby offer the following rules for our parks:"

^THIS^

But I'm paying good money for this vacation, I should be able to do whatever-the-heck I darned-well please.  :wacko:

Key qualifier, half a brain.

What about the guy that will protest because he can't bring in his gun and ride BTMRR?

Hey, those possums near the end might leap from that tree and attack.

The internal announcement which is the one I read, worded it as shown below.

"and that adult supervision is required for children under the age of 14."

And later in the same announcement:

"adult supervision for children younger than 14 at the theme parks."

Based on the wording of the posted version, a 14 year old is considered an adult in this instance

So, my 10 year old daughter is considered an "adult" when it comes to paying an entrance fee and for meals, but is NOT an adult when it comes time to ride a ride.  Not that she would ever ride anything alone...because (a. she is a scaredy cat and (b. I won't let her.  BUT it does seem that the definition of "adult" is a moving target.

That is also a Disney policy.

Have you ever noticed the CM's in long sleeve shirts in the summer?

TCD

The policy is that there be no visible tattoos, but you can have tattoos. You're out of luck if your position's costume doesn't have a long sleeve option.

However, there are positions that require long sleeves, and I'm in one of those positions.

Of the next five days on my schedule, three are formal and I have to wear long sleeves. Normally it's short sleeves.

But, I have a Typhoon Lagoon event and I can wear shorts.

can this rule also apply to transportation? I hope I dont offend anyone, but this is one of my big pet peeves at Disney. The huge strollers, people who dont seem to know how to work them, and the older kids riding in them! Your 12 year old doesn't need to be in a stroller! If it is a child or person with a disability ok but I have seen more kids 6 plus in strollers over the last year then I care to think about. If your kid is that tired then take them back to where you're staying for a rest.

And the people with the large strollers who get on the small launches first and sit right in the front seats to make it hard for people to get on and around. When we took a wheel chair for my cousin who had a broken foot, she got on and I stood aside till everyone else was on the found a place for me and the wheelchair and it folds a lot flatter then the strollers.

ok sorry rant over haha.

can this rule also apply to transportation? I hope I dont offend anyone, but this is one of my big pet peeves at Disney. The huge strollers, people who dont seem to know how to work them, and the older kids riding in them! Your 12 year old doesn't need to be in a stroller! If it is a child or person with a disability ok but I have seen more kids 6 plus in strollers over the last year then I care to think about. If your kid is that tired then take them back to where you're staying for a rest.

And the people with the large strollers who get on the small launches first and sit right in the front seats to make it hard for people to get on and around. When we took a wheel chair for my cousin who had a broken foot, she got on and I stood aside till everyone else was on the found a place for me and the wheelchair and it folds a lot flatter then the strollers.

ok sorry rant over haha.

I'm with you.

I am constantly amazed by the size of some of the gigantic strollers that people push around WDW and right into stores and other venues, not giving a bit of thought to how they block aisles or prevent others from being able to move around.

This is a rule I'd love to see enforced. It has gotten out of hand.

TCD

ok sorry rant over haha.

Are you saying I should leave my stroller behind??

baby-stroller-rims-430x345.jpg

Especially  this one:

c. Please show common courtesy to fellow Park Guests and our Cast Members by not using profanity or engaging in unsafe, illegal, disruptive or offensive behavior.

ok sorry rant over haha.

I'm with you.

I am constantly amazed by the size of some of the gigantic strollers that people push around WDW and right into stores and other venues, not giving a bit of thought to how they block aisles or prevent others from being able to move around.

This is a rule I'd love to see enforced. It has gotten out of hand.

TCD

I fully agree!

We are now a stroller family but I'm still not a fan of strollers. I know it will be helpful in the parks, but we will bring our little umbrella stroller because I still want to try and get through crowds as easily as possible. I don't understand the gigantic strollers people use, and why don't they know how to fold them?

WBI