You could stay at the Fort indefinitely by continually making 30 day ressies and linking. Hilda has been there for years and our own Devores was there for about a year and a half. I never spent more than 3 months at one time. Devores is a full time CM and I'm a seasonal. We both felt that even w/ CM perks it cost to much for the long term.

Don't get me wrong,,, I have been to a LOT of different places and met some really nice people but for two/four weeks there is nothing better then the Fort and the CMs that work there. OH, most of the fiends are pretty damn nice also. :mh1: :doublebeer:

Wow! This is GREAT stuff! I would love to do a quick interview with Hilda or Devores or BOTH for a quick show on the week sometime between Nov 2-12! I'll already be doing a story on the old Railroad at FW and this would be a great topic together...I didn't see Hilda on here, but Devores are you game? Will you be there then?

Good job on the articles- very well written and accurate.

I haven't had a chance to listen to the podcast, but I'm sure it's just as good.

TCD

Thanks! I have a lot more I want to write on the Fort, and several podcast shows yet to do on it...I've had so much fun researching and writing it all that I'm thinking of writing a book or book about The Fort, especially focusing on the history...stay tuned! Hope to meet some of you in Nov!

Thanks! I have a lot more I want to write on the Fort, and several podcast shows yet to do on it...I've had so much fun researching and writing it all that I'm thinking of writing a book or book about The Fort, especially focusing on the history...stay tuned! Hope to meet some of you in Nov!

FYI Hilda isn't on these forums (or any others that I'm aware of).

Please feel free to ask any questions you like!

There should be at least a few of us kicking around in November (hopefully including me).  Keep an eye out for the Fort Fiend signs and come say hi!  :)

@Lou--I'd love to talk with them, do you think you could put me in touch? @ Brady BzLyn--I'll look for signs on the sites! I think I should order one, too

Rod,

It might be of interest to you that the Fiends that bought one of the FWRR cars are currently at the Fort.

The story of how and why they bought it is very interesting.

Still learning how this site works--bear with me if I've posted this twice...Lou, I would really like to speak with them! Think you could put me in touch?