Partial Hook Up or Premium

First of all, long time lurker. Love this site! For our trip, I had booked a partial hook up site. I then decided I preferred "preferred sites' haha but they were all booked up. They did have a premium though. We just have a popup camper. Would you upgrade sites? Only rationale I have for upgrading would be to be closer to the boat ride to MK (We have a car for the other parks). Any suggestions?

It really is a personal decision. Do you need the sewer hookups? How much of a cost difference is it? Would you rather put that money towards food or souvenirs. Will you have a cart? The buses really only add a few minutes to the day. Really it comes down to preference. Honestly I'm cheap, we stay in the full hookup loops so I am biased and if I were in your situation and didn't need the sewer hookup I would stay where I was. 

Did you try full hookup?

There are more of them than Preferred, and depending on when you're going, you may have better luck finding availability.

If it were me it would come down to what's most important for the trip.  If it's budget, I'd stay put in the partial.

If it's location, I'd try and move.

But that said, if you'll have a golf cart to get around the Fort or don't mind taking the buses (which will get you wherever you need to go, including the marina area to catch the bus to MK) then location isn't that big a deal.

Oh and ...

:welcrowd:

I don't own a golf cart so I was going to rent one from Fort Wilderness but for the week it's close to $400. I won't have a way to tow the cart so I can't rent from off site. Renting my camper from FortCamperRental.com :) Won't really need sewage hook up though. Sending the kids to the comfort station haha

You will have a great time at the fort no matter what loop you are in. We have never had a cart, honestly I like not rushing and taking the bus. I may be in the minority but I do try and take my time. And we always use the comfort stations because there are so many of us and using our small bathroom isn't practical. You will have a blast. 

I agree with both above

We have stayed in full hook up, preferred, and premium.

We prefer the premium loops especially 500 and 700, but we tend to spend a lot of time at the site and like being able to spread out without ending up in the sand/shell.

Busses, golf cart, or bikes will get you anywhere youd need/want to be.

It all depends on budget, availability, and your preferences. Just remember any site at the Fort is better than no site at the Fort!

Thanks all!  I'm basically deciding between the cart or being closer to  the Pioneer Hall area. The one good thing about being close (or being with a golf cart is we have 4 kids. (2 little ones). And we're running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler race that Saturday night.  Oy, I'm gonna be sore the next morning when my 4 and 6 yr olds wake us up for the parks. 

On the other hand... if I do stay in partial, I need to choose between 1500 and 2000. Last time, we stayed at 1500 and a tree was in the middle of the pad. Sorta annoying lol

Thanks all!  I'm basically deciding between the cart or being closer to  the Pioneer Hall area. The one good thing about being close (or being with a golf cart is we have 4 kids. (2 little ones). And we're running the Tower of Terror 10 Miler race that Saturday night.  Oy, I'm gonna be sore the next morning when my 4 and 6 yr olds wake us up for the parks. 

On the other hand... if I do stay in partial, I need to choose between 1500 and 2000. Last time, we stayed at 1500 and a tree was in the middle of the pad. Sorta annoying lol

Make sure to download the fort fiends app, that way when you check in you can check out your site before going back there, it can be a great lifesaver to avoid bad sites. 

We love 1500!!!  Sadly, those sites were all booked for that same weekend by the time we made reservations. We'll be putting our tent up with the RVers a loop or 2 over.  DH (Thrill Shakespeare on here) will be doing the TOT race, too.  Hope to meet you; if you don't have a sign get Lou to bring you a general Fiends loaner (if you want to be found!)  :wave1: Welcome!

Make sure to download the fort fiends app, that way when you check in you can check out your site before going back there, it can be a great lifesaver to avoid bad sites.

I have stayed in 20-30 different sites and never had a bad one. Some were better than others, but I was at FW.

We love 1500!!!  Sadly, those sites were all booked for that same weekend by the time we made reservations. We'll be putting our tent up with the RVers a loop or 2 over.  DH (Thrill Shakespeare on here) will be doing the TOT race, too.  Hope to meet you; if you don't have a sign get Lou to bring you a general Fiends loaner (if you want to be found!)  :wave1: Welcome!

Thanks! We're running the race in honor of our 6 yr old, Audrey who is on the autism spectrum. AS is the official charity of the race and my wife and I have raised almost $4000 for Autism Speaks. This is our 3rd year running ToT. It's a special race for us. :) We'll have to say hi! :)

I have stayed in 20-30 different sites and never had a bad one. Some were better than others, but I was at FW.

Mostly I meant "bad" as in difficult to back in or in the case where he mentioned a badly placed tree. It's worth knowing that stuff in advance at check-in rather than waiting until you get to the site. Some sites at the fort are certainly better than others and the app is great for knowing that. 

Thanks! We're running the race in honor of our 6 yr old, Audrey who is on the autism spectrum. AS is the official charity of the race and my wife and I have raised almost $4000 for Autism Speaks. This is our 3rd year running ToT. It's a special race for us. :) We'll have to say hi! :)

Awesome!  Hope to see you there!

First off, Go Dawgs! My wife and I both graduated from UGA! :) Thanks! :)

How bout them Dawgs?!?! I graduated from there too. In fact, I'm at my RV in Athens right now. Where do you live? A bunch of us are camping at Bald Ridge on Lake Lanier for Memorial Day. Y'all should join us!

Great news today. I called the Fort to cancel the golf cart. While I was talking to them I asked to be transferred to the front desk. I asked if a preferred site was available. She said yes! When I asked how much more would it be she said "No charge. I'm upgrading you for free." What an awesome surprise!

Hooray!!!!!! 

Great news today. I called the Fort to cancel the golf cart. While I was talking to them I asked to be transferred to the front desk. I asked if a preferred site was available. She said yes! When I asked how much more would it be she said "No charge. I'm upgrading you for free." What an awesome surprise!

Great news!!  :)