Best: Looping and visiting w/ FrIENDS or making new friends.

Worst:  Pompous Rangers with their arbitrary, inconsistent interpretation of the Fort rules and enforcement of same. 

Not sure if these would be my answers all the time, but having just got back yesterday, my thoughts are:

The Best: In addition to what everyone else said, I loved that i could be on vacation far from home, yet still be able to let my kids go play tether ball or go to the pool while i did laundry to cooked dinner.  Since we were so close to the tether ball, I could let even my 7yo go alone.  For the pool, I sent an older child with her.

The worst: The standing water in between every site and the mosquitos.  Also, the comfort stations were not as well maintained as I remember them being 4 years ago.  Still very nice, just not quite as nice.

Sorry Lou you got an up arrow for that one!  You have always made our trips more fun.

WHAT?  :bugeyes:    He got an arrow for that drivel??  

He only said it to up his pie count.

Best: The peace and quiet

Worst: Not spending enough time at the campground.  All our time is in the parks.

Since our first trip to the Fort in 1990, I have always said you can spend a week at the campground and have a great time without going into the parks.  Someday I may just find that out, probably not.

Best:  I can be there in three hours and never want to leave.

Worst:  All the able bodied adults and children who are driving around epcot in those 3 wheel scooters.  Expecially the the 20 ish guy built like a gymnast wearing a blue shirt with a big red S on his chest, holding a solo cup of beer and complaining about all the people in his way.  But thats just me, I could be wrong.

Best: The peace and quiet

Worst: Not spending enough time at the campground.  All our time is in the parks.

Since our first trip to the Fort in 1990, I have always said you can spend a week at the campground and have a great time without going into the parks.  Someday I may just find that out, probably not.

We just did that the week leading up to July 4.

We haven't been to the parks in quite a few years, and even when we did stay at the Fort and go to the parks, we usually rushed back to the Fort.  We did 1/2 days at most at the parks.

But then again we only live an hour away.

• 2 weeks later...

Someday we will only be a couple of hours away, again.  I miss that 1.5 hour drive from Palm Harbor to Disney.  Now it is 19 hours or so, so on a good year we might make 3 trips.  We usually hit MK, AK or HS in the mornings and hit EPCOT most afternoons and hang around the campground in the evenings.  But once we move back to FL, I look forward to just hanging out at the fort.